Thread: New 2ds xl

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

The Wii U launched in November of 2013.
    The Wii U launched in November 2012.

You couldn't be any more uneducated on the matter.

I like the bigger screen for us nearsighted folks, but I wish the bottom screen was bigger too. My only real gripe about any portable is screen size. I'd rather have an nVidia Shhield sized portable where I can see details and read text more easily and put up with the larger size than tiny but pocketable. But that's me.

Sorry, but I am not making any claims. I am posting facts with sources that have gotten numbers Directly From Nintendo on the numbers. We have the sales numbers of the switch. 2.74 Million.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...xt-Fiscal-Year

Nintendo reports they SHIPPED 2.74 million Switches. Like all their numbers, they only report shipments. Not retail sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The Wii U launched in November 2012.

You couldn't be any more uneducated on the matter.
    One typo. On no, so uneducated. How about you focus on the content rather then a typo. Im done. You really don't want a discussion as to Why you think the new 2ds and the switch would cannibalize each other even though they are so different.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

A piece of outdated hardware that can barely run its own games for $150.

Cool.

One typo. On no, so uneducated. How about you focus on the content rather then a typo. Im done. You really don't want a discussion as to Why you think the new 2ds and the switch would cannibalize each other even though they are so different.
    Nah I'm more interested in hearing how the Switch outsold the first year sales of the Wii U when the Wii U surpassed 3 mil in only 6 weeks now.

You pretty much disqualified yourself from having any real discussion by posting blatantly false statements.

From the article I posted earlier:

The Wii U launched in November of 2013. The fiscal year of 2013 would have ended in December and would not have included the Wii U sales for the entirety of that fiscal year. So, we have to look at the first Full fiscal year of the Wii U, that being 2014. The numbers of its first Full fiscal year on the shelve is trumped by the Switchs first month of sales.

So, to put it into perspective, you are taking launch sales. Nintendo took Fiscal year sales from when it was on the shelve for an entire year. Again, my articles are the numbers Nintendo is giving us. This is how They look at it and view it. Which is all to point out that the Wii U could Not be compared to the Switch when trying to see if the new 2ds xl would have any impact on the sales during the holidays. It wont, not with a system like the switch breaking Nintendo records.

- - - Updated - - -

From the article you Clearly are not reading:http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/27/ninte...er-launch.html

I highlighted the key parts. Mainly They Announced these numbers. And said Sold. NOT shipped. Im leaving now. I made my point.

There is no comparison to the Wii U. None. The switch has done Far better and is set to outsell the Wii U in its entire lifespan in its first year alone. The 2DS has nothing on this system. Especially given how drastically different the games on each of the librarys are. Like the Number one Launch title for Any Nintendo game: The Legend Of Zelda, The Breath Of The Wild.

Sorry, but I am not making any claims. I am posting facts with sources that have gotten numbers Directly From Nintendo on the numbers. We have the sales numbers of the switch. 2.74 Million.
    If the Wii U launched in November 2013, then why was there sales data from Nintendo themselves stating they sold the Wii U during Holiday 2012.

Official data from Nintendo from their Q3 FY 2012 report (October-December 2012): https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130424e.pdf

THE WII U INITIALLY LAUNCHED NOVEMBER 18TH, 2012

The articles you posted are right in that the Wii U did sell 2.74 million units during FY 2013, but you still forget it already sold 3.56 million during FY 2012.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...xt-Fiscal-Year

Nintendo reports they SHIPPED 2.74 million Switches. Like all their numbers, they only report shipments. Not retail sales.
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf

The sales volume for hardware and software during this period reached 2.74 million units and 5.46 million units respectively
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    If the Wii U launched in November 2013, then why was there sales data from Nintendo themselves stating they sold the Wii U during Holiday 2012.

Official data from Nintendo from their Q3 FY 2012 report (October-December 2012): https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/130424e.pdf

The articles you posted are right in that the Wii U did sell 2.74 million units during FY 2013, but you still forget it already sold 3.56 million during FY 2012.
    I already went over all of this. I don't need big capitals of bold point out a typo and not reading the rest. To answer the basic question "why was there sales data from Nintendo themselves stating they sold the Wii U during Holiday 2012", because they sold some during the holidays?

Again, Fiscal Year. The Wii U was only in part of a fiscal year at launch. The articles are referring to the First Fiscal Year the Wii U was available for the entirety of. NOT a partial year, NOT holiday sales, NOT launch sales (witch the switch trumps). An entire, 12 Month Long time frame. From April 2013 to March 2014. THAT is the FIRST FISCAL YEAR The Wii U was out and available for from day 1 to day 365 of a year.

You all are quoting a Partial Fiscal year. Not a complete one. The articles are Strictly speaking about an Entire fiscal year. The Wii U did not continue its hype beyond the first few months. The switch has maintained that and is breaking records. The 2ds, even if its updated, is old hardware running games that are already out. Not new games that are only for that system.

If you want to say "The Wii U sold more in its first year", then fine, I will concede that the wii u sold more in a 44 day long period, ending on December 31st, 2012, then the switch sold in a 29 day period ending on March 31st, 2017.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2017-04-28 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    is it confirmed its the newest processor?
    "Gamers of all ages can play in style with the New Nintendo 2DS XL system. It gives you the power of the New Nintendo 3DS XL system in a streamlined, affordable package—and plays a huge library of games in 2D."

http://www.nintendo.com/2ds/new-nintendo-2ds

It seems it really is just the New 3DS XL without the 3D and in a slightly different casing. Interestingly enough, the New 2DS XL does actually come with the AC adapter while the New 3DS still does not.

http://www.nintendo.com/2ds/features/compare/

It looks nice but i havent not seen a single 'new' 3ds game since the two it launched with over here and otherwise the 3ds 2017 release shcedule is really drying up as the switch becomes the new hotness. This screams another gbmicro style 'last gasp to milk the brand' before retiring the 3ds. I imagine a few folks will get one but i doubt there will be huge sales for this when the same company has people still waiting for stocks of switches to go on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    "Gamers of all ages can play in style with the New Nintendo 2DS XL system. It gives you the power of the New Nintendo 3DS XL system in a streamlined, affordable package—and plays a huge library of games in 2D."

http://www.nintendo.com/2ds/new-nintendo-2ds

It seems it really is just the New 3DS XL without the 3D and in a slightly different casing. Interestingly enough, the New 2DS XL does actually come with the AC adapter while the New 3DS still does not.

http://www.nintendo.com/2ds/features/compare/
    will the lack of 3d increase its processing power?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    will the lack of 3d increase its processing power?
    a fair few more recent ds releases have dropped the 3d entirely already because it was making the more hardware intensive games suffer huge framerate issues. Even Pokemon dropped 3D with sun and moon because the 3d in X/Y and OR/AS was pretty bad and made the game suffer dramatic slowdown in battles. 3D was a fun niche mechanic for games when the console launched like a decade ago but with the 3D fad in movies dying off and 3D tv's never becoming a mainstream thing theres really no reason to continue whats only serving to be a hardware limiter at this point. Especially with the Switch 'maybe' being the 3ds replacement, which of course they wont confirm when it might have another year of note worthy sales left in it, but on the whole 3d is kind of dead.

I mean when was the last time a 3ds game used 3d as a gimmick in its gameplay? i genuinely cannot remember.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I mean when was the last time a 3ds game used 3d as a gimmick in its gameplay? i genuinely cannot remember.
    Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Game would be ridiculously hard to play without 3D on and one of the few games I played with it on.

Have yet to play the more recent Kirby game so dunno if it has the 3D depth effects you have to avoid like Triple Deluxe did.

Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Game would be ridiculously hard to play without 3D on and one of the few games I played with it on.

Have yet to play the more recent Kirby game so dunno if it has the 3D depth effects you have to avoid like Triple Deluxe did.
    Was that the robot world one? looked fun but kirby games seem to get real small distribution numbers in the uk then after launch your best hope is amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Because....why?
    Basically this. Ok, 3d is not for everyone but i can just turn it off. Cheaper than a regular, but if one has already it i don't see the reason to even create it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    When my current N3DS goes to shit, I'll snag one of these.
    Also this, but i don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its better to wait for a new new console. Something with stronger procesing power than New 3ds.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I think its better to wait for a new new console. Something with stronger procesing power than New 3ds.
    That's called the Nintendo Switch, If the Switch sells well enough it will replace the 3DS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pretty stoked. I've been holding out on one of these and looks like I'm being rewarded for my patience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's called the Nintendo Switch, If the Switch sells well enough it will replace the 3DS.
    Switch cant use 3ds cartridge tho.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Switch cant use 3ds cartridge tho.
    at one point you have to evolve, otherwise we were still sliding in original Gameboy cartridges, if the switch becomes the main handheld option you will just have to have a ds on hand for those games, people who want to play ps3 games got the same '' problem ''