Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No.

How alt friendly an expansion is is essentially inversely proportional to how much content it has. Legion has way too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

WoD was way more alt-friendly, you could keep up your alts up-to-date (not top level, granted) by managing your garrisons and just doing the current raid once, now you have to do all the world quests, Mythic+ and it kinda never ends, you can't really get to the point "ok, done with this char for the week, now this one".

Deleted
    Alt friendly. Finished my DK 3 days ago. now i have 887ilvl and 39 traits. No Legs tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't call it the most alt-friendly, but it is quite okay.

Warlords of Draenor, though, was very alt friendly due to the Garrison could supply your alts easily. Mists of Pandaria as well, was quite alt friendly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ofc I expected this to be a bait-thread from Jaylock, but he has actually a point.

With the catch-up mechanics and new features added in 7.1.5 and 7.2 you can almost instantly become 850+ (do one invasion and you'll have it) and have your 35 artifact traits. After that you can normally do raids and mythic and mythic+ dungeons, where the gear can easily WF or TF...
    The only alt-unfriendly part of Legion are imho the legendaries(but compare it to the "forced" MoP and WoD legendaries, then it doesn't even look that bad), but other than that it's actually pretty solid.

OT:
    It's not, WoD was the most alt-friendly expansion. Right now you have to grind AP, which is too much for alts.

Deleted
    Before 7.2 I would say it wasn't overly alt friendly. Now that 7.2 is out it's easily one of the most alt-friendly expansions to date. Being able to farm Nethershards + Caches from handing in resources is absolutely huge in terms of gearing up. You can get 2 Legendary items in less than a week playing pretty casually while farming the caches and get some pretty awesome 880+ loot from Nethershards. Also the Artifact Knowledge catchup is HUGE in terms of getting your 40+ on your weapon. All in all it's looking alt friendly af

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

OT:
    It's not, WoD was the most alt-friendly expansion. Right now you have to grind AP, which is too much for alts.
    No you dont have to. U can get easily to 40 traits without much farm. There is totaly no need to have as much traits as possible on alts.

I play maybe 2-3 hours a day, my main is 887, only got 1 alt which I don't play, after leveling at minimum 1 of every class to max and raiding on them since wrath. Just can't find the time. This expansion is very time consuming for mains leaving no time for alts. Even if you can find time to play them, you need to spend ages doing quests to unlock shit that's gated (specifically anything to do with your class hall or artifact weapon). Probably one of the most alt-unfriendly expansions IMO.

PS: last xpac with a similar amount of play time I was able to lvl 3 garry and twice a day follower missions + casual raiding on all 13 of my alts
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2017-04-28 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Alt or tragic fan, it is embarrassing
    People were actually talking about him mixing up his accounts and replying and agreeing with himself once
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, but with the broken shores I geared my alt from freshly dinged to 870 in 8 hours of playtime. That's more than enough.

I just got a new alt to 110. With the invasions i still had 3 1/2 zones to complete which were VERY lucrative AP wise at AK 26 boost. The 3rd slot took 2 days to unlock and I got a leggo on the first LFR run. I'd Call that alt-friendly.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    knew it was a jaytroll thread before I clicked, sad
    Coming next:

Is Legion the least grindy expansion of all time?
    Should they remove flying in the next expansion?

actually, i honestly do feel it is at least kinda alt-friendly, in terms of getting your alt geared.

i mean yeah, there's the AP grind, but i honestly don't pay a whole hell of a lot of attention to that. i get my 10% stam and damage buff and i'm content to just let my ak build up from there.

Deleted
    I have five alts, top being 910 itemlevel, lowest being 887 itemlevel. This is the most I've had capped so relatively early into an expansion. Now flying's here it's making me think it's time for a sixth. Gearing's the easiest it's been in a long time between relinquished vendors and Mythic +. In gear terms, currently raids are only actually relevant for tier and trinkets (this will change with ToS, of course).

Yes, it's an alt friendly expansion. For me, certainly the most alt-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Legion has content? Since when?
    It has content, but a lot of repeatable content.

muhahahahaha. that Jaylock....

i disagree to every single point. lol, no. Legion is NOT the alt friendliest expansion. lol....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Coming next:

Is Legion the least grindy expansion of all time?
    Should they remove flying in the next expansion?
    lol, yes

- - - Updated - - -

its SO sweet how ppl compare apples with oranges. they get 1 epic and some gear level and yell "look how alt friendly".

instead i would compare the real power of a Legion main and a Legion alt, with i.e. a WotlK main and a WotlK alt, after the same timespan (lets say 6 weeks). and if you then tell me "Legion is alt friendly" i laugh about you. oh, wait, i laugh about you already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Yeah I did so too
    EVERYONE did but we all click instead. so maybe WE are the idiots

I would say no because of the class halls quests

Deleted
    In terms of gearing, yes. Anything else: No.

15+ Year Old Account
    wait, is this a trick question? Legion alt friendly...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha..good one jaylock

Im still on the floor lmao

the only people that can play alts in legion are those living in moms basement.