Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada...n-self-defence

Can you believe this? Basically trying to make a mockery out of the justice system!
    Let's hope the judiciary doesn't stand for this.
    Almost half of all domestic abuse victims are male. You are what's wrong with the justice system assuming the men are always guilty. You are a dangerous individual.

EDIT: That being said the guy covered up his crime in this instance which is suspect to say the least. Then again i can't blame him for doing it if it was indeed self defence since he would no doubt have gotten convicted for murder anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad0497bcb; 2017-04-28 at 06:20 AM.

Reminds me of "free hat" from south park episode with the indiana jones people. Trust us, he was attacked by a gang of babys ! He killed them and buried them on self defense !

Self defense and or automatism. Fingers crossed justice is served in a fair way

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think you kinda lose the ability to use "self-defense" as a defense if you proceed to hide the body afterwards : P
    Yeah, Ash, buried his GF in the backyard, look what happened to him...

The suspect alleges that the domestic violence lasted a decade. Why didn't he leave?
    Nice victim blaming there

ooooooooh, I even think he hid the body because nobody would have believed him the domestic violence story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Almost half of all domestic abuse victims are male. You are what's wrong with the justice system assuming the men are always guilty. You are a dangerous individual.

EDIT: That being said the guy covered up his crime in this instance which is suspect to say the least. Then again i can't blame him for doing it if it was indeed self defence since he would no doubt have gotten convicted for murder anyway.
    Half of serious domestic violence abuse victims are men? Sources please.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Women abuse men all the time, you think domestic violence is only 1 way?
    Look at his posting history...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not belittling them. I'm asking a question to people who automatically assume that the suspect is innocent.
    Automatically assuming he is innocent is what the law demands of us, though.
    (Unless you are involved in the investigation, prosecution or court proceedings, in which case your posting here would probably be a crime. So... are you?)

You however automatically assume he is guilty without having enough evidence to decide either way.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-04-28 at 11:42 AM.

Doesn't mean he should kill her. He had ample opportunity to leave. 10 years +

Yet he stays and then he hid her body? That sounds reasonable to you?
    Again, many women don't go either. You're just responding without reading what people say.

Deleted
    So you think what he did is acceptable? Why didn't he go to a shelter?
    By being a man he had the physical advantage and didn't need to go to a shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    The argument that death by strangulation takes considerably more time than simply rendering the victim unconcious makes sense. How much longer are we talking here though?
    Someone who is out of their mind and not trained to "strangulate people savely" might not notice the difference before they are dead, especially if they believe the victim might be faking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Well even if it's true him hiding the body after the fact is kind of uh... gonna hurt his case pretty bad I imagine.
    Yes, but it is not enough gounds to leave his judgement up to random people on the internet who have only some news article written to get clicks to go on.
    Guilt is for the court to decide.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada...n-self-defence

Can you believe this? Basically trying to make a mockery out of the justice system!
    Let's hope the judiciary doesn't stand for this.
    The only mockery is your blatant sexism. Women have been getting away with this defense in court for years.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah that is my problem with this why would he entomb her in cement after killing her if it was self defense when self defense a legitimate defense for killing someone.
    Just because you killed somebody in self defence doesn't mean you're going to be acquitted, especially if your male and the attacker is female.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    And to be completely frank, the OP actually seems to be wondering why he didn't leave in the first place or let it get to that point in the first place (i.e the same thing said to virtually every woman in that situation ever). Sounds pretty equal to me.
    No, the OP views women as passive and men as active in all cases, thus he always assumes women are victims and men preperators(guilty!).
    Look at his posting history (just the posts he starts are enough to know this).

That is why he aseks why the man didn't do something different, because he assumes the man is in control, always; and if they aren't then it is their fault.
    Both women and men should be offended by that kind of though process. Women for being objectified and men for being blamed for everything.

If this is a jury trial he's fucked. Nobody believes that women can abuse people. Despite emotional imbalance.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Just because you killed somebody in self defence doesn't mean you're going to be acquitted, especially if your male and the attacker is female.
    Just imagine the outcome it people like Tenn happen to sit in the jury...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If this is a jury trial he's fucked. Nobody believes that women can abuse people. Despite emotional imbalance.
    Which is a good reason not to have juries but to have groups of trained professionals judge people.
    You can implement the checks and balances for the judicary branch some other way than by employing juries.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Just imagine the outcome it people like Tenn happen to sit in the jury...
    They do, hence why if a woman tried to kill me and she died while I was defending myself I would damn sure try to hide the body too.

It makes sense to hide it though.

Knowing how pro women this country is. You can't sneeze in a womens direction without a jury thinking you're a monster. If it escalated to killing her, i'd absolutely hide or destroy the body. I'm not taking the fall because our country is sexist, and women can do no wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Which is a good reason not to have juries but to have groups of trained professionals judge people.
    You can implement the checks and balances for the judicary branch some other way than by employing juries.
    I'd agree with that absolutely. Can't have fair trials between the sexes as it is now.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    OP starts the thread by making assumptions. Sure the wife is now dead, but I have no context to judge the husband on. All I know is he confessed to the actual act of killing his wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Nothings getting personal I'm simply pointing out the lack of consistency in the logic you presented as it pertains to you. The label doesn't actually matter it's just blatantly obvious to anyone outside of the realm of internet twitter beefs that your idea of mainstream definitions changing just because you say so is laughable. You think the label is tainted because your experience with feminists is in the bubble of social media discourse where anonymity gives people the ability to be as shit and batshit as they want.

See your problem is you think I'm denying the existence of radical feminists who are man hating harpies, no, I simply don't subscribe to the notion that they're a majority or that real life people act like the twitter activist personas they put on. I know lots of self proclaimed feminists, even some that are conservatives and they're just fine with the label and they aren't screeching at me like spergs or accusing me of "mansplaining" or whatever other crap.
    LoL you nonchalantly refer to the internet like it is some microculture, or subculture, and not like everyone you know and people you don't use and are part, in some way, of the "internet" community.

Lets start with some facts.

Internet users equal close to 3.6 Billion and rising every second.
    http://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users/

Of that Twitter as your example (which I only use to harass WoW Developers and Ghostcrawler) is ranked 10th in social media outlets, with a monthly user base of 318 million. 4% of the world population. Small community indeed. In comparison the population of the United States is 321 million
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...mber-of-users/
    As we know Twitter isn't the only place people visit, and if paradigm shift has been noticed by this small little community of MMO-C, its a safe bet it has permeated other areas of the internet.

This isn't a new concept. The only thing that is laughable is that you think this is somehow the brainchild of my own making. Here is a poll from 2 years ago that shows the growing trend.
    http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womeninth...ts-poll-shows/
    18% of Americans view themselves as feminist.
    85% of Americans believe in "equality for women".

If people believed the two were the same, they would answer those questions the same.

Your anecdotal, "I know lots of self proclaimed feminists," doesn't account for a growing trend in the millions. As I have pointed out... MMO-C (a relatively small niche of the internet) has already caught wind of such changing definitions. I'm sorry if this is news to you... but I didn't just pull it out of my ass.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-04-28 at 04:00 PM.

So you think what he did is acceptable? Why didn't he go to a shelter?
    They almost never take men who suffer abuse.