Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I am so happy that Blizzard broke this add on!!!!!! For a long time solo players have been using this cheating add on to find groups and since its sooo damn efficient literally everyone I know uses it. This killed actual group content. I hated it and always try and find a few randoms to go out and quest with for a good hour but it was sooo hard to find a single person to quest with.. kinda sad huh it is WoW. Now if you want to solo quests you can go on ahead and if you want someone to do them with start a " CACHE GROUP" OR a "BROKEN SHORE WQ" group and knock em down )
    You got it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...en_restricted/

Seems the Addon Dev for WQGF is throwing in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

totally understandable. addon authors are in no way obligated to keep up with blizzard's changes, or even to maintain or write addons in the first place.

as an enthusiastic fan of WQGF I'm ok with this if it helps the lag, I just hope that Blizz's change stops the real poison, which was server hoppers using WQGF to server hop with no intention of ever doing quests. I'd noticed a fair bit of that happening since 7.2 that I don't think was happening before unless I missed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    The only toxic addon is Server Hope, I want help with quests not bots and people abusing a system put in place to help people whilst questing.

Well, if this is the end of WQGF this is effectively killing the game for me. Blizzards lameass retarded employees are killing this game with every patch and hotfix since 7.2 and this is it, I am not going to go back to endless server hop scum infesting my groups via premade system.

RIP World Quests and Legion Assaults.
    Last edited by mmoc101b07398d; 2017-04-28 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Auto-grouping addons are a good example of when too much convenience becomes detrimental to the overall experience. Just another chip removed from the near-dead social aspect of the game.
    WQ is not where Im social in this game. Thats a chore I prefer done ASAP. ONLY thing that matters with WQ is "how fast can I complete it?".

So I skip anything I know takes time, and just beeline for the "kill 1 mob quest" or different quests that I know is super quick.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    totally understandable. addon authors are in no way obligated to keep up with blizzard's changes, or even to maintain or write addons in the first place.

as an enthusiastic fan of WQGF I'm ok with this if it helps the lag, I just hope that Blizz's change stops the real poison, which was server hoppers using WQGF to server hop with no intention of ever doing quests. I'd noticed a fair bit of that happening since 7.2 that I don't think was happening before unless I missed it.
    What lag ?

Only time I get jerkyness is from World Quest Tracker when I have the map open.

Deleted
    this guy knows whats up. this shit is ridiculous. I get that we moved away from yelling trade. Now we cant even deal with the LFG tool? This is lfg on lfg. makes the world feel instanced and no one in the game socializes. Frogs in MOP have more socializiation than this because at least that was the same group of people for a duration
    Open FB account and "socialize" as much as you want. This is WoW.

"I don't like how other people play the game so I'm going to make a passive aggressive thread about it with the underlying message of "Fuck you haha, play my way or the highway!" ".

What the fuck is wrong with WoW players, you're some of the most entitled human beings on this planet, about one of the dumbest subjects you can be entitled about: the pride of enjoying grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Open FB account and "socialize" as much as you want. This is WoW.
    ye how dare those filthy scrubs play it as mmorpg - after all its raid symulator game eh ?

Deleted
    I am so happy that Blizzard broke this add on!!!!!! For a long time solo players have been using this cheating add on to find groups and since its sooo damn efficient literally everyone I know uses it. This killed actual group content. I hated it and always try and find a few randoms to go out and quest with for a good hour but it was sooo hard to find a single person to quest with.. kinda sad huh it is WoW. Now if you want to solo quests you can go on ahead and if you want someone to do them with start a " CACHE GROUP" OR a "BROKEN SHORE WQ" group and knock em down )
    Good to hear it broke the server hop addon as well.

PS
    Nobody uses premade on broken shore and everyone is magically afk when you ask for help, I can't even get help with the Fel Tome crap but as soon as I spend 3-4 minutes knocking him down people magically appear when he is at 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

oh now the real shit storm will begin - i bet devs in their stupid pride never expected that to happen only thought he will rework addon around this change

well then R.I.P world questing and invasions

Deleted
    You can still have your fun, doing 4 world quests in an hour...

An addon that creates a group for you, killed your group content?????????? God damn, some people for real..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    An addon that creates a group for you, killed your group content?????????? God damn, some people for real..
    Yes, I am not spending 3+ minutes at each solo guy for the Legion Assaults because nobody is showing up, everyone is afk when you ask in general and nobody uses the premades for it and that was 30 minutes ago, imagine what its going to be like at night.

Auto-grouping addons are a good example of when too much convenience becomes detrimental to the overall experience. Just another chip removed from the near-dead social aspect of the game.
    Do you really want to socialize for every 2min quest?

Deleted
    In my personal, opinion, WQGF is one of the best addons ever created. It makes doing world quests so much more convenient, and got me to actually start doing them regularily again. We'll have to see what happens now, especially if the creator throws in the towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    The functionality changes also had nothing to do with the reasons you listed that you wanted it to be blocked, what is kind of normal since those reasons lay between childish and selfish attitude and have no real basis to ban or block anything for.

Also to bury your childish hopes and dreams there is an easy work around, it still works just requires a few presses more, awh poor you of wanting to ruin other people their experience because i bugged you others did things in groups!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    In my personal, opinion, WQGF is one of the best addons ever created. It makes doing world quests so much more convenient, and got me to actually start doing them regularily again. We'll have to see what happens now, especially if the creator throws in the towel.
    This might be why legionfall rep was taken out of class mount requirements

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be real. WQGF worked out because it easily grouped you together during quests you'd otherwise really just do solo.

You shave some minutes off the daily grind and I saw nothing wrong with that. Social aspect not harmed in any noteworthy way.

15+ Year Old Account
    So wait... an addon that makes me join groups is less social than playing solo? Right!

Also... don't like it, don't use it. Easy.