Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Sorry that we played an MMORPG together with other people.
    GW2 is now 5 or so years old, and it had auto grouping / not requiring grouping for their WQs right from the beginning. Auto grouping should be a basic feature.
    I recall the first review of GW2 that I read. It mentioned that you don't need to interact with people, that it loses any need for social interactions.
    Whether that's good or bad probably depends on the player. But I wouldn't say that having everything automated in a way that it doesn't matter if the party members are human or AI is the staple of an MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I recall the first review of GW2 that I read. It mentioned that you don't need to interact with people, that it loses any need for social interactions.
    Whether that's good or bad probably depends on the player. But I wouldn't say that having everything automated in a way that it doesn't matter if the party members are human or AI is the staple of an MMO.
    Nope, it removed the stress of tagging mobs. All mobs, collectables, etc. were quest zone wide shared with everyone. Reducing toxic behaivor you've now with Sentinax, or without WQGF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Clearly it did now. Whether it spiked in popularity or something else happened doesn't matter, if the addon is the cause of additional stress on the servers then reducing its impact is to be expected. They did the same thing with gearscore if I recall correctly.
    The same thing? They included it into the base game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The same thing? They included it into the base game.
    Not quite, they broke the gearscore addon and allowed you to see your own item level and possibly others via armory, or in cases where both have an addon which communicates with each other in the same group. Prior to that the gearscore addon was scanning anyone you mouse-overed which caused stress on the servers.

If you're asking them to implement this functionality into the base game, that's something they could possibly do in the future, but not at this short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Clearly it did now. Whether it spiked in popularity or something else happened doesn't matter, if the addon is the cause of additional stress on the servers then reducing its impact is to be expected. They did the same thing with gearscore if I recall correctly.
    so better solution is to remove invasions - they are compelte garbage anyway - just turn them into 3 man scenarios like in mop and cut them out from world - all problems solved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so better solution is to remove invasions - they are compelte garbage anyway - just turn them into 3 man scenarios like in mop and cut them out from world - all problems solved
    How is removing invasions a solution? There's probably plenty of people who enjoy that content for various reasons, I used it to level up my alt (gives 6 times the xp of regular quests or something).

Glad I never got that addon and got used to it. I only ever group up for the WQs that absolutely require a group (or at least would be a complete pain in the ass solo), so I don't think it's a hassle to manually use the group finder. I imagine finding groups won't be quite as easy now, though.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2017-04-28 at 01:00 PM.

ITT people overreacting some meaningless shit, as if it was end of the world. You don't have to use this addon to make WQs, I didn't use it at all since the game released and I am perfectly fine with using group finder in its basic form. If you are not able to do this, you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    ITT people overreacting some meaningless shit, as if it was end of the world. You don't have to use this addon to make WQs, I didn't use it at all since the game released and I am perfectly fine with using group finder in its basic form. If you are not able to do this, you are stupid.
    Let me fix that for you: "I don't need it so no one does"

That's basically what you're trying to say. So if I don't need DBM, no one does, right?

auto group for simple world quests? sounds like a pussy addon for wanabees..

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    auto group for simple world quests? sounds like a pussy addon for wanabees..
    Did I wake up in the 90s today?

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Let me fix that for you: "I don't need it so no one does"

That's basically what you're trying to say. So if I don't need DBM, no one does, right?
    No. It is not "I don't need it so no one does". It is "perfectly possible to play without it because it isn't that important, unlike DBM".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    No. It is not "I don't need it so no one does". It is "perfectly possible to play without it because it isn't that important, unlike DBM".
    Its possible to play without DBM aswell, DBM just makes it alot easier, doesnt it? So does the WQGF addon.

I find it amusing that Blizzard always feels they need to make up an excuse when they do things like this. Just be honest and say that it's not their interpretation of how world quest content should be handled. And if this was somehow the actual issue, they've known for a while and didn't work on a replacement during that time. All it does for me is limit my emissary quests to two characters instead of the four I was completing them on, as it's now going to average twice as long for most quests. I'm going to miss that addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    You're still going to be able to use WQGF, you're just now going to have to press a button prompt from the addon twice, big whoop. I never turned that off honestly, so it always asked me if I wanted to find a group instead of automatically looking.
    The addon itself says its permanently broken.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    The addon itself says its permanently broken.
    The addon is correct, because it relied on automatically creating groups and listing them. You can still use Blizzard's default Group Finder UI; however, this only shows up for the higher tier quests with the gold star around them. If they extended this feature to all of the world quests, it would be just fine. No addon necessary.

You can also right click and select Find Group, but with no automated group creation for specific quests, it's unlikely you'll find very many.
    Last edited by Belenath; 2017-04-28 at 05:16 PM.

This puts a huge spotlight on just how garbage the built in premade finder is. Addon authors always doing Blizzard's job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Generical View Post
    This puts a huge spotlight on just how garbage the built in premade finder is. Addon authors always doing Blizzard's job for them.
    Still waiting for them to fix their baseline AH, which is largely worthless w/o and addon.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Still suffering from strange fps drops.. 1 minute it can be up to 42 then drop all the way down to 2.. Really weird.
    That is a different issue. What this fixes is getting ability lag or delay hiccups like you get when you ohase. Just much more consistently and without any latency numbers changing. The worst in the Us being when all three broken shore buildings were up with 2 world bosses.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Belenath View Post
    I find it amusing that Blizzard always feels they need to make up an excuse when they do things like this. Just be honest and say that it's not their interpretation of how world quest content should be handled. And if this was somehow the actual issue, they've known for a while and didn't work on a replacement during that time. All it does for me is limit my emissary quests to two characters instead of the four I was completing them on, as it's now going to average twice as long for most quests. I'm going to miss that addon.
    Whether it's true or not, it's sad that my trust in the devs is so eroded that my first thought on reading this was that they just wanted to break the addon because it was making things too quick for players. I doubt that's really the case here, but it's still the first thing that popped into my head.

The amount of toxicity being spread around by former users of this addon is unbelievable. You're not doing yourselves any favors with the rest of us by acting like a bunch of spoiled children who just had their favorite toy taken away, even after your parent told you your very useful and helpful sledgehammer was breaking everyone elses shit when a hundred thousand of your siblings were swinging it at once.