Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I'm just posting their rules. Fair and minimum seems to be the same thing in these rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Well this guy stands to be awarded a lot more since they used excessive force.
    No, minimum is just that, the legal minimum they HAVE to offer at the time.

Again which is fair according to the dept of transportation.

This is fine. The airline industry is such that their profit margins are razor thin so they need to try and book a flight to maximum capacity to stay in business. Occasionally this results in overbooking of flights. Also, consider that if those 4 employee's didn't make it somewhere there would literally be an entire flight that was delayed (lots of people).

The person dragged off the plane registered for passage ON the plane. This person didn't own the plane and certainly didn't own the seat.

If you choose to make a flight just realize that this is a risk and a part of the industry. If you cry foul play, then simply don't fly anywhere ever again. This is business.

Quote Originally Posted by deceptacon1 View Post
    This is fine. The airline industry is such that their profit margins are razor thin so they need to try and book a flight to maximum capacity to stay in business. Occasionally this results in overbooking of flights. Also, consider that if those 4 employee's didn't make it somewhere there would literally be an entire flight that was delayed (lots of people).

The person dragged off the plane registered for passage ON the plane. This person didn't own the plane and certainly didn't own the seat.

If you choose to make a flight just realize that this is a risk and a part of the industry. If you cry foul play, then simply don't fly anywhere ever again. This is business.
    Razor thin is not bad $$ it seems.
    http://newsroom.united.com/2017-01-1...16-Performance
    United Airlines Reports Full-Year and Fourth-Quarter 2016 Performance

January 17, 2017

CHICAGO, Jan. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines (UAL) today announced its fourth-quarter and full-year 2016 financial results.

Achieved best full-year on-time performance while reporting the lowest number of cancellations, delay minutes and mishandled bags in company history.
    UAL reported full-year net income of $2.3 billion, diluted earnings per share of $6.85, pre-tax earnings of $3.8 billion and pre-tax margin of 10.4 percent. Excluding special items, UAL reported full-year net income of $2.9 billion, diluted earnings per share of $8.65, pre-tax earnings of $4.5 billion and pre-tax margin of 12.2 percent.
    UAL reported fourth-quarter net income of $397 million, diluted earnings per share of $1.26, pre-tax earnings of $884 million and pre-tax margin of 9.8 percent. Excluding special items, UAL reported fourth-quarter net income of $562 million, diluted earnings per share of $1.78, pre-tax earnings of $857 million and pre-tax margin of 9.5 percent.
    Technicians and related employees ratified a joint contract in the fourth quarter. UAL has completed new agreements with every domestic unionized work group in 2016.
    Employees earned $628 million in profit sharing for 2016.

This is fine.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

It's not fine at all. It's abusive and exploitative of the consumer who often has no other choice but to fly.

If they have to exploit the consumer to "barely break even" then their business model sucks ass and they should go out of business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    they did not screw up thats part of the progress of running a airline the government has approved it and all airlines do it
    That is fucked up on so many levels. Its like wild west - no protection for people at all. Such things should not be tolerated in modern first world countries.

I'm surprised so many people find it acceptable, however most of them aren't from EU where corporations aren't allowed to do shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    That is fucked up on so many levels. Its like wild west - no protection for people at all. Such things should not be tolerated in modern first world countries.

I'm surprised so many people find it acceptable, however most of them aren't from EU where corporations aren't allowed to do shit like that.
    Some people are sheep and don't mind being lead the the slaughter house as long as they don't have to worry about making the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post

The EU's overbooking procedures are not substantially different than those in the United States, just minor contractual differences, but the same core of overbooking and bumping if needed. I genuinely don't know why so many Europeans try so hard to find something to feel a sense of superiority over - it's a bad look.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2017-04-27 at 09:33 AM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's some pretty crazy stuff :S

10+ Year Old Account
    So the huge hare died at O'Hare? Ironic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Did...did they beat that bunny up? Savages. The memes are real.
    They are pure evil

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This really has nothing to do with what happened to Dao. There's a million and one things that could have happened to that rabbit.

First, rabbits aren't meant to be this big. Selective breading has made it this way and just like with certain breeds of dogs and cats, genetic anomalies tend to occur. Secondly, it's a rabbit and generally they don't travel at 60,000 feet for 8 hours. Thirdly, rabbits can easily get stressed, and it can just as easily be fatal to them.

I suspect one or more of these things is what killed it.
    But it just happened to be on United flight?

Great, just got a nasty email from United.

It can legally kick people out of airplane, even it is flying.

Now we know the truth on 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Kek...
    Sensationalist MSM at it's best!!

There have many updates in the original United case too! New videos have emerged showing how horrible the doctor acted. Evidence that the police were just doing their jobs.
    It also seems there may have been some good to come out of all of this.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/2...ettlement.html

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Kek...
    Sensationalist MSM at it's best!!

There have many updates in the original United case too! New videos have emerged showing how horrible the doctor acted. Evidence that the police were just doing their jobs.
    It also seems there may have been some good to come out of all of this.
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/2...ettlement.html
    I saw the videos, all I saw him do was refuse to leave and I don't blame him for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Great, just got a nasty email from United.

It can legally kick people out of airplane, even it is flying.

Now we know the truth on 9/11.
    Wut......?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Slow day in the world of news......

7+ Year Old Account
    Apparently United has reached an "amicable" settlement with the guy they beat up and dragged off the plane. I wonder how much money he got.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/04/27/uni...ent-david-dao/