Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Women getting a good salary is a form of independence that many men, myself included, actually find attractive. But I have no ego to speak of, lol.

I don't really get that ego either, as in, if you are in love with someone, you want to support them (notice I did not say "be able to support them") - which includes supporting the career choices she wants to make. If those include her earning more than you - all the better as a couple, right?

I really don't get the big deal about this, to many men that have no control over societies imposed "men must be providers". Yes, men must be providers, luckily you can provide a lot to a relationship that has nothing to do with money.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Never heard of any man complaining that their SO earned more, and if it did bother him you would be better off without him.
    Actually, it's not that rare. There are quite a few guys who don't really want/like a SO that earns more than them.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    I guess the odd thing here is that such things as "boyfriend" and "husband" still exist for that generation, instead of being outmoded concepts.

It doesn't matter, in any case. They're worried and ashamed... and so what? Either they swallow their fears, go look for someone else or give up on romantic relationships. Whatever the outcome, it's as important as what brand of fast food I decide to eat today.

No, really, imagine men started coming out complaining about women being terrible at calculus. Or terrible at finding their way around a map. So what? I'm not relying on the missus to navigate the woods (kek). These women who outearn the men they date, they already earn enough to not be relying on someone else to pay for their shit, so at most it's a feefees thing, and feefees are just not that important :/
    Ah yes, unimportant feefees. What a wonderful way to describe a biological imperative so deeply rooted in our DNA that it hasn't changed significantly for at least 200k years.

on topic: Being a stay at home husband sounds like a sweet gig.

I wouldn't mind a spouse that earns more than me, it just means more money for the family.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it would be less about money and more about status. I wouldn't mind my SO making more money than me as long as my job was useful and somewhat prestigious. I think the main reason for this is that I don't believe society objectively assigns value to labor. If it did, then I would feel ashamed of making less than my SO, because males are best at only one method of value creation: working in competitive markets. Females at least have the choice of being able to compete in a competitive market or create new life (or both, but logically splitting your resources between two options should net you less of each, though we're making an active social effort to make sure that this isn't true).

How the research was conducted is a major factor, you blindly believe everything you read huh?
    You weren't questioning the validity of the studies or countering them with others. You were dismissing it blindly, and cited personal anecdotes as reasoning. I would much rather believe someone who took the time to investigate a matter than someone who concludes "I have not seen this happen, therefore it isn't so".

Deleted
    In the end it's still all about the balance of power in a relationship.

Funny how humans are still the same as 2000 years ago, only we sometimes still try to fool ourselves with false claims of having progressed beyond what we were.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    If my wife started earning more money than me I'd be fuckin thrilled.
    Me too! And I know my fellow co-workers would be thrilled if their wives just worked lol.

Deleted
    hurr durr millenials in america hurr durr you'll never guess what happens next!
    Another shite article, by some shitey fashion website spewing shite.

Out of all the important things going on in the world, why the fuck is this in anyway important?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Actually, it's not that rare. There are quite a few guys who don't really want/like a SO that earns more than them.
    Older generations for sure, but Millennials? They are the group most likely to split the check on a date.

Older generations for sure, but Millennials? They are the group most likely to split the check on a date.

Well, the check for a Big Mac meal shouldn't be that much.

Talk about a first world problem. How is this even a thing?
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    You weren't questioning the validity of the studies or countering them with others. You were dismissing it blindly, and cited personal anecdotes as reasoning. I would much rather believe someone who took the time to investigate a matter than someone who concludes "I have not seen this happen, therefore it isn't so".
    Here's the thing, you may not realize it but the US has many cultures and in the culture I grew up in I haven't known anyone who worries over this stuff. Does that mean it doesn't happen? Obliviously it does. How much does it happen? I guarantee bullshit studies like this don't even really know. Sorry if you don't agree, but I really don't care.

I like to spend. I like to spoil. If she made more than me... I would simply have to spoil in non-financial ways. More for us, I wouldn't have to worry about saving for trips or special occasions.

I feel the only issue is if you wanted to raise a family and the required time off a woman would need. The normal doctor visits while pregnant, the 2 days to a month off after giving birth (this greatly varies).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Explains why Women are drinking more alcohol than Men now

More pressure involved in well paid jobs, less time away from family.

More drinking by the ladies or ladettes as some call them now.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...n-global-study

Women have caught up with men in the amount of alcohol they drink and are doing increasing amounts of damage to their health as a result, according to a global study that looked at the consumption habits of four million people over a period of over a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Well, the check for a Big Mac meal shouldn't be that much.
    It is when you have a liberal arts degree.

Deleted
    Honestly, I have seen that mindset even among people of my age. And I am not that old at 28. It's definitely becoming more and more uncommon, absolutely, but it's still around.
    Personally, I think it is nonsense. Who cares who earns more, at the end of the day, it just means more money overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Honestly, I have seen that mindset even among people of my age. And I am not that old at 28. It's definitely becoming more and more uncommon, absolutely, but it's still around.
    Personally, I think it is nonsense. Who cares who earns more, at the end of the day, it just means more money overall.
    I see, It's sad some people still feel that way especially the younger generations, hopefully it dies down more in Gen Z.

That's a divorce\break up waiting for happen. She doesn't need a "lazy" guy! Time to monkey-branch her way up!

Here's the thing, you may not realize it but the US has many cultures and in the culture I grew up in I haven't known anyone who worries over this stuff. Does that mean it doesn't happen? Obliviously it does. How much does it happen? I guarantee bullshit studies like this don't even really know. Sorry if you don't agree, but I really don't care.
    Study is fairly irrelevant. The point is your way of approaching the matter is very flawed. You call it a bullshit study, on what grounds exactly? And upon finally reaching the conclusion that you may be wrong you of course, "don't care".

Why speak out at all then man, why bother.