Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • Granite

25 69.44%
  • Quartz

11 30.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quartz, far as I understand, is engineered stone with polyester resin. If that's what I'm thinking, I prefer that over natural stone (granite, marble). You can get that in a great variety of colors and textures.
    I like stainless steel ones too.

Granite has more character and patterns available. It also looks more "homey". Quartz looks too commercial. Reminds me of bathroom counters in Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Quartz, far as I understand, is engineered stone with polyester resin. If that's what I'm thinking, I prefer that over natural stone (granite, marble). You can get that in a great variety of colors and textures.
    I like stainless steel ones too.
    I think the engineered stone has that slightly soft quality I referring to earlier as well, along with being a laminate which helps with the klinking of putting plates on it as such. Vastly superior to a solid piece of granite(which is what I am living with right now and why I am so jaded lol). It is one of my least favourite sounds, putting a plate down in the kitchen.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Granite has more character and patterns available. It also looks more "homey". Quartz looks too commercial. Reminds me of bathroom counters in Wal-Mart.
    You're thinking of something else, this is a quality quartz these days

https://www.cambriausa.com/Designs/d...tte/ellesmere/

Anyway, if you really want to be a fancy motherfucker go with quartzite. It's just crazy expensive.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a7b06d7541.jpg
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-04-27 at 10:58 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Who knew you could even be an edge lord on kitchen remodels.
    I have been educated.

We went with granite. We found more options with the stone than with quartz.
    We liked the randomness of granite and quartz seems to have a pattern.

I did the backslash myself. Grouting was by far the most frustrating thing I have done in my life.
    So much wiping.
    Lol at all the people with granite counters that got triggered. Its simply an overdone trend, you mind as well "put a bird on it".

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Fun fact, granite is radioactive!
    So are bananas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    So are bananas.
    Did you know that the Grand Central Terminal in NYC (made almost entirely out of granite) has higher radiation levels than what are allowed at nuclear power plants? (Still within a completely safe level, just an interesting tidbit)

10+ Year Old Account
    My kitchen has granite but I would have prefered quartz for the flexibility in appearance (with mfg quartz you can basically have it any colour or pattern or style you want) and easier maintenance.

Ultimately though this ranks very low on shit-I-care-strongly-about though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Quartz looks pretty nice. Bad woman /slap
    You shouldn't hit women dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Which do you think is better? I'm torn. I end up liking both whenever I visit a house with either.

I go with granite. There are some really nice granites out there. Plus granite has little surprises in it. I had a "Starry Night" granite top that had pieces of quartz and little ruby pieces in it.

Granite has a lot more character. Quartz, although classic, is plain. Granite also holds up better over time.

I know it is a matter of opinion, but looking at your photos, the granite kitchen has a much more "homey" feel to it.

Granite. The new water based sealer when applied at the manufacturing facility has 15 years warranty against staining. If it does stained, the company will send somebody to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Lol at all the people with granite counters that got triggered. Its simply an overdone trend, you mind as well "put a bird on it".
    Use of the word Triggered is such a cliche and overdone trend.

The real choice should be between Quartz and Marble. Quartz is what I plan on getting in our home we are building. Granite has too much upkeep.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__