Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    As for the Trump-Russia stuff it's clear that, even if there had been collusion at some point, that Trump's just proven how unreliable he was as a hapless pawn.
    The problem is, if Putin feels he was betrayed, there could be consequences we actually don't like. This is a guy who poisons people to death for writing about him in newspapers. Putin's response to the metaphorical tap on the shoulder in Syria (six hours) was pretty severe, and Russian troops move towards the North Korean situation as we speak. There seems to be little to no chance that Trump can lower or remove Russian sanctions at this point. If Putin tried to make a deal with Trump or his admin, he got cheated. But unlike the hundreds of contractors that Trump refused to pay, Putin won't either give up, or resort to suing. Putin can, and will, actively engage with foreign affairs to make things worse. Iran? France? Marco Rubio? We'll see. Hopefully, it's not military.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    47) Author of "Pizzagate" gets White House briefing.
    Many of these points bear repeating, but this one bears re-re-re-repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Excellent copy pasta bro.
    That's not copy pasta, you realise that right? But nice 10 second shitpost in response to what must have taken hours of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    10 to 1 odds that he didn't even read what he pasted!
    You know you can check if something is copypasta, right?

Hint: it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    You're assuming that either of us agree with your false premise that anything has been or will be "catastrophic".
    Um, the very first word I wrote was "no". You even quoted it. Decaf isn't doing the job, dude, trade up.

da faq was Jill Stein doing there!?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    The number one accomplishment of Donald Trump's first 100 days was ensuring Hillary Clinton was never elected President of the United States.

And as seen by recent polling, if the election was held again today, he'd win by an even larger margin, and also win the popular vote.

I hate to break it to all the left wing nutjobs out there that are just gonna hate Trump no matter what he does, but he is actually becoming more and more popular with the "sane" American people. People see what's going on with these left wing groups on TV and think they're nuts.

If you guys don't tone down the crazy by 2020 he's gonna win in a landslide.
    He lost the popular vote, and his approval rating among the US electorate are at historic lows. Suffice to say that you have nothing positive to say about his tenure so far, but would rather move the conversation to Hillary Clinton shows that you too are going through a stage of denial of his performance and ability to govern.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    da faq was Jill Stein doing there!?!
    I...have no idea. But that's pretty much the only real thing that ties Stein to Russia. Trump and his team have far more ties, far more concrete ties, and based on recent reports, Flynn could easily have broken the law and could be going to jail.

I legit don't get the fuss over dairy products and lumber, specially coming from Americans. Canada:

- Put a tariff on a milk based protein.
    - Subsidizes lumber.

Both of them negatively affect the USA threatening what the canadian government described as well paying middle class jobs.The actions of the department of commmerce were the right ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I really don't think pointing out the facts that 1) he's the most dishonest president in modern history and 2) he's the most useless modern president 100 days into a presidency, are really going to phase supporters who care more about the PC boogeyman than competent governance.
    On the contrary, by showing enough facts to my dad who was a trump supporter, I've now finally convinced him the guy is a liar and useless sack of shit. Not that the other options were good, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole conversation about Trump's success is truly an illustration about how polarized this country has become.

It is clear -- without any doubt -- that Trump has broken nearly all of his campaign promises for what he'd accomplish in the first 100 days. He's also clearly -- without any doubt -- been caught lying over and over...often about stupid stuff that doesn't even need to be lied about.

It is clear -- without any doubt -- that his administration is completely fine with nepotism. He's brought in friends and family and donors who have no real qualifications to hold the positions they have.

It is clear -- without any doubt -- that he's using the office to enrich himself, at least partially.

These are just blatently obvious facts. And yes, his supporters will not only deny that these things are happening, but twist themselves into pretzels about how they are actually good things while in the same breath criticizing Hillary or Obama for doing the very same thing.

"Stupid Obama going on vacation at the taxpayer's expense playing golf all the time. But good thing Trump is getting some R&R so he can continue being the best president ever!"

It's just as fascinating as it is maddening. And it's clear that no amount of failure, no amount of corruption, and no amount of wrongdoing will change these minds. Trump really could shoot some innocent bystander on 5th avenue in broad daylight and we'd here choruses of "he's such a great supporter of gun rights and such a tough negotiator! Good thing he's president!"

The only hope is that these people remain a minority and the democratic base finally realize that showing up matters and you can't rely on the blue wall to ensure you keep federal power.

I can't help but feel that the time spent putting this post together could have been better used to do anything else in life.

Nice list, but you forgot 0.7% GDP growth in his first quarter as president. Consumer confidence was at record highs when Trump took office, but due to extreme fatigue from all the winning his base didn't bother spending any money as consumer spending is abysmal right now.

It's hard to say what the worst thing Trump has done in his first 100 days. But his complete lie and smearing of Susan Rice would be up there for me. I guess nothing easier to sell to his base then portraying a minority woman as "evil".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I can't help but feel that the time spent putting this post together could have been better used to do anything else in life.
    That's how most Trumpkins feel when their God-King is outted for the idiot he is - don't worry, we'll clean up your mess after he's impeached, just like we do every time.

And, just in case you think he can't get any crazier: Apparently during the Reuters interview, during a conversation about China, Trump stopped midway and handed out 2016 electoral maps.

How much more ridiculous will this get before the GOP cuts it's losses?

10+ Year Old Account
    We already had like 3 100 day threads. We really needed a 99 day thread too.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    We already had like 3 100 day threads. We really needed a 99 day thread too.
    I guess you didn't read it, lol. And then double-down with posting on something you think we don't need. And the final straw being a typical, and lazy, over-exaggeration. But thanks for taking up space and oxygen!

Seriously, you should read it - very well done. And the points are all (frighteningly) correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Excellent copy pasta bro.

Fight the power. Down with the man. Etc Etc
    When comprehension and counter arguments are not to be found, attack the poster is the only course of action!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That's how most Trumpkins feel when their God-King is outted for the idiot he is - don't worry, we'll clean up your mess after he's impeached, just like we do every time.

And, just in case you think he can't get any crazier: Apparently during the Reuters interview, during a conversation about China, Trump stopped midway and handed out 2016 electoral maps.

How much more ridiculous will this get before the GOP cuts it's losses?
    Who is this "we"? I don't recall you or a group you're part of doing a single thing to restructure our government, cut healthcare costs, reduce military spending while improving our homeland security, improve women's rights to healthcare, improve access to specialty drugs at an affordable price for the middle class, reduce the gap between the poor and the rich or improve population health within the United States. Is this some sort of secret society you're part of?

Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2017-04-28 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Many of these points bear repeating, but this one bears re-re-re-repeating.

That's not copy pasta, you realise that right? But nice 10 second shitpost in response to what must have taken hours of work.

You know you can check if something is copypasta, right?

Hint: it's not.
    Wrong, it is, it would be sad if it wasn't!

He hasn't done anything that would affect any of these things, he needs to pass a budget, tax and healthcare policy in order to have an impact in any of the big metric. The big problem for Trump is that he seems to be unable to work with congress, I am baffled as to why he hasn't let Mike Pence take the lead in getting legislation passed.

It's hard to say what the worst thing Trump has done in his first 100 days. But his complete lie and smearing of Susan Rice would be up there for me. I guess nothing easier to sell to his base then portraying a minority woman as "evil".
    His executive orders are open to the public from removing privacy for consumers to allowing companies to dump chemicals in streams he has done severe damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Wrong, it is, it would be sad if it wasn't!
    Well, you've called yourself out. From where was this supposedly copy/pasted?

Obviously I won't wait for your answer, as it wasn't copy/pasted, but feel free to look literally anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    He hasn't done anything that would affect any of these things
    He kind of has, actually. Consumer confidence is largely based on the present and the forseeable future, as indicated by their present activities such as saving and spending, and that includes perception of the country and where it is going. The sudden dip last week cannot be blamed on last December, for example. The stock market is a more volatile read of such, but the same basic principles remain as core concepts. If 100 Americans thought they were going to get a $5,000 check in one month for absolutely no reason, what would those 100 Americans do with the money they currently have? Yeah, 100% wouldn't all go throw money into savings, or buy a jet ski, or snort cocaine off Krystal's tits, but a few of them, five or ten maybe, would that wouldn't have before. The CCI measures, basically, that concept by observation. If 5-10% of Americans show statistically significant increases in spending, saving, or...related activities (snfffffffffffffffffffffffft), the assumption is they think things are going to get better, and the CCI goes up. But that rarely happens because of the past, only the present and predicted future, and therefore can be realistically assigned to actions, including failures, of the current administration. There are, of course, other factors, but the past is rarely one of them.

Now, the GDP and job growth is trickier, but yeah, other than letting coal companies dump directly into drinking water, he really hasn't done a whole lot, and trends such as the last 75 months are going to be hard to buck. At best, you could claim that the GOP and Trump are responsible for pushing the gain downwards by attacking the health care system, a large chunk of our economy. Or, maybe you could make the claim that threats of upcoming war is causing companies to be more cautious...which is a stretch, but you could claim that. But even then, the effect would be a slight course correction of a largely solid upwards path.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2017-04-28 at 10:07 PM.

This is great.

Well researched.