Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WQGF is not broken. Here is how you can use it almost as before.

Update:

0.24 (29/04/2017)
    - Back in business.
    - Trying to comply with the new UI restrictions. Guaranteed with 99% less automation!
    - This is a very early prototype, expect bugs!

On reading the patch notes and trying to use it first thing it appears to no longer function, but if you read the notes thoroughly you see that the only thing blocked is the automatic group finding.

What you have to do now is rather simple, plenty already know this but the more know this the more groups will continue to be around for this addon to continue to shine in its function.

When entering a WQ area you receive a pop up, click no or ignore it.
    (type /wqgf config and search for the box 'Propose search for a group when entering a world quest area', disable 'Enable new world quest zone detection', if you want to turn this off completely to no longer get pop ups.)

Now go to you quest list / objective frame on the screen and right click the lfg eye icon, this will open the group finder interface and it's automatically searching for that quest name. Now select the text input box and press enter.

Now you get a lists of groups under that quest name and just select one and sign up.

So all that changed was the automatic process, it requires a few more press but if people continue to use it as before it will still hold as many groups so spread this around and continue to do wq's at the same speed as you did before.

Beyond the negatives there are a few positives to look to, the chances of you joining a group as 6th person turning it into a raid becomes less likely, for raid events like World bosses you won't have 30 1-3 person groups anymore what the auto queue function generated.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2017-04-29 at 06:32 AM.

/sub (need to use this when I get home)

10+ Year Old Account
    The lfg eye next to the world quest, as well as it searching for that specific world quest has been in the game for a number of months now. I don't understand why people think they need this WQGF addon when the current ingame interface already does 90% of the work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythruss View Post
    The lfg eye next to the world quest, as well as it searching for that specific world quest has been in the game for a number of months now. I don't understand why people think they need this WQGF addon when the current ingame interface already does 90% of the work for you.
    Shh, dont share obvious secrets.

Hence why i did not understand the problem with the addon, apparently people cant move the mouse on the screen, click the eye and click an empty group.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the WQGF dev's whine on Reddit I'm not really inclined to use their spammy addon anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    After the WQGF dev's whine on Reddit I'm not really inclined to use their spammy addon anymore.
    The addon is not required. The built-in group finder is what the OP is describing and is mistakenly attributing it to the addon.

You've been able to do this since 7.1.5.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    The addon is not required. The built-in group finder is what the OP is describing and is mistakenly attributing it to the addon.

Good. The author of WQGF basically called it quits on Reddit this morning.

Deleted
    There was no whining in his post at all, just the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware the game auto fills in the text for you, i didn't do that before and since most people never turned off the addon i don't think many are aware. Not that hard to understand.

It will be a good transition period since the addon doesn't allow you to create groups and people using it as that will lead to more people using the standard game ui for this functionality more. What was my entire intend of this thread. If people stop using any addon for it with the believe they can't do what they used to it isn't a win situation for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post

Let's have a go at people using an addon but not tell the whole story :^^^^^^)

Generally speaking, I care more about the former than I do the latter simply because of the volume of those quests compared to "elite" ones which trigger the LFG eye. WQGF had this eye on all WQs. The time saved in just the two weeks I was using it is already enormous even including the 3-4 times I've been in broken shore and experienced first hand the crazy latency they're talking about.

But go on acting smug with your half truths

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    What was whiney about it? He just said the addon was broken and that's it. There was nothing whiney about it at all. If anything, you're projecting. Here's the post he made on reddit for anyone interested in letting the rest of us know where the "whine" is:
    Taking only that statement into context, it reads like the automation isn't a bump in the road to overcome, but a critical component of the addon and he'd rather give up than implement a workaround that plays ball and is intuitive enough for its users.
    His "personally never encountered that myself" line comes off as kind of snobby to me, like oh, I never encountered a problem so surely there's no problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know that works, but it takes way longer to get invited because people aren't paying attention. It's too much of a hassle for me, by the time I get invited I'm halfway done. Just gonna wait for a new addon to work around the restrictions or just stop doing wqs alltogether.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post

Let's have a go at people using an addon but not tell the whole story :^^^^^^)

Generally speaking, I care more about the former than I do the latter simply because of the volume of those quests compared to "elite" ones which trigger the LFG eye. WQGF had this eye on all WQs. The time saved in just the two weeks I was using it is already enormous even including the 3-4 times I've been in broken shore and experienced first hand the crazy latency they're talking about.

But go on acting smug with your half truths
    You know if you right click a WQ without an eye it gives you the option to queue for it right?

But nah leave that out of your angry shitpost. Just go back to flaming people who are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. The author of WQGF basically called it quits on Reddit this morning.
    What whine? You mean him quitting development of an addon that Blizzard has permanently broken? There's no workaround, so what do you expect him to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    You know if you right click a WQ without an eye it gives you the option to queue for it right?

But nah leave that out of your angry shitpost. Just go back to flaming people who are right.
    I am certain not many are aware of this, so people using the addon and figuring out this works regardless in the default ui will lead to a more useful group finder, since it's usefulness is directly tied to how many people use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post

>implying

"Wow look at this guy replying to someone on an internet forum. He must be ANGRY."

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    What whine? You mean him quitting development of an addon that Blizzard has permanently broken? There's no workaround, so what do you expect him to do?
    Especially considering he created that addon in his free time. He wasn't getting paid (like the braindead code monkey at Activision-Blizzard), he did it to help himself and the community as a whole.

IDK how much of a pain it would be to modify the addon to work with Activision-Blizzards's new standards, but if it's that much of a pain then why wouldn't he just throw in the towel? He's not required to keep this addon up to date and fix Activision-Blizzard's shitty UI and grouping

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Oh good lord, they added prompts, they did not take out the ability to do it.

"Do you want to search for group?" yes

"Do you want to apply to group 'x'?" yes

"No group is found do you want to create a group?" yes

The ability to fix it is there, the author just doesn't want to, but eventually someone else will come along.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    >implying

"Wow look at this guy replying to someone on an internet forum. He must be ANGRY."

Shitposting is shitposting whether it's angry or not.

Regardless you clearly posted misinformation and then got corrected so I understand if you're a bit rustled. I would be too if I was reliant on an addon to perform a function in the base game.

It's ok pal none of us are perfect.

The primary utility of the WQGF addon was that it would automatically create or join groups when you entered a world quest area. This meant that there were always groups for any given world quest and you would automatically group with other people. It's a more social experience than soloing and more importantly made WQs faster too.

Now that the user needs to make a positive action to create a group, there will be far, far less groups to join. That sucks.

Blizzard should have rate-limited or throttled automated group creation/joining, not killed it entirely.

@Onikaroshi: He could do that, but the need to do so basically renders the addon moot. People could just click the eye.