Thread: GG Blizzard

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I can't believe this is even a thread lol. Use the eye and complete the quests. Or do them solo. No WQ takes longer than 1-2 minutes. Stop being a lazy fucking leecher and do the piss boring/easy wqs.

I am not who you said. See my other response. Have a little intelligence and stop assuming that because we have an issue with the change that our motivation is somehow corrupted.

Good! This gives us a more 'vanilla' experience.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Seriously if this is make you butthurt, I really suprised you did not cancel your sub a long time ago
    The key-word is: addiction

Deleted
    Made a group for something, some russian realm hopper joined then left and my group delisted. Oh this is going to be so much fun thanks blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I never used the addon and i have nearly 5k WQs completed, i can totally see how you would be mad about this if you were generally afking and just joining groups to leech.
    I wasnt and I kicked those that did straight away.

This thread responses are... quite cancer.

I really enjoy the people who say "Wow, people did WQ's in groups?" then dismiss it as something dumb that didn't benefit them.

I agree, the addon API needed to be disabled until it could be addressed. For instance, throttle group finder, etc.

But honestly, this addon saved me a TON of time. Yes, I can go solo the quests, but it definitely takes at least 2x as long.

I was baited to click this thread. I already knew what it was about before even viewing it. /votesToCloseThread :3

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    No I just read the forums and the same people are still having the exact same problem.
    must have fixed some, at work but my friends on FB are saying its better for them... likely some other issues still.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    You don't need an addon for any of that. The addon just makes it more convenient to find the groups. After the first few minutes of frustration, you should have opened up the group finder to look for a group or start your own. Even before that addon was popular, there were always plenty of groups advertised for chaining world quests in a zone, or for specific ones that are annoying. Everything was there already, you just had to manually look for it. The addon just removed the manual part.
    Why did I not think of that, wow. Should have come here long ago

People didn't want to create or join groups back then so I gave up, even asking multiple people doing the same exact quest couldn't be bothered to group up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maaksel View Post
    This thread responses are... quite cancer.

I really enjoy the people who say "Wow, people did WQ's in groups?" then dismiss it as something dumb that didn't benefit them.

I agree, the addon API needed to be disabled until it could be addressed. For instance, throttle group finder, etc.

But honestly, this addon saved me a TON of time. Yes, I can go solo the quests, but it definitely takes at least 2x as long.
    Auto-disband inactive groups after a minute or two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    You ruined the group finder tool.. so now my addon world quest group finder is no longer working.. so now it takes me 10X longer now just to search manually for groups in which a world quest should only take me like 2 minutes tops to do.. how do you expect people to do world quests when it only excepts 5 target taps per mob.. so yeah group finder for world questing is ruined.
    Wait for them to update them, Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

People using these addons are having a negative effect on server performance.
    "OMG Blizzard what is this lag, can't you do anything right?"

Blizzard makes changes to improve server performance
    "OMG Blizzard you just hate it when we have fun, don't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Are you one of those people who cry when people use boss mods to "triviliase raid content"?
    Or use weakauras to track dots because thats players just doing "lazy gameplay"?

What do you care about people spending their game-time on. If I want to do WQs fast and spend more time on actual content outside that, I used WQGF for it.
    It saved me hours if not days in total this expansion. Not to mention my fresh 830 alts who desperately needed AP and gear sure as hell needed that addon for elite quests on my dead realm. Now its pretty much "get fucked or beg in guild for people to drop everything and come help you across the map"
    Cool. Glad you like the add-on. I don't. This is the internet and sometimes people disagree with you. That doesn't mean I'm a shitty person. I simply personally believe this is the type of immersion-breaking add-on which actively promotes a type of laziness that I personally believe Blizzard should address by disabling its functionality.

But really, that's not even the point of this fucking thread since the add-on still works perfectly fine. You just have to press an extra button.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    The key-word is: addiction
    Yeah I know the feeling, sometime I think my dealer's Blizzard. screwing me, but I need that stuff even sometimes I'm mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Cool. Glad you like the add-on. I don't. This is the internet and sometimes people disagree with you. That doesn't mean I'm a shitty person. I simply personally believe this is the type of immersion-breaking add-on which actively promotes a type of laziness that I personally believe Blizzard should address by disabling its functionality.

But really, that's not even the point of this fucking thread since the add-on still works perfectly fine. You just have to press an extra button.
    As long as you know that your opinion can be totally fucking wrong, it's a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    As long as you know that your opinion can be totally fucking wrong, it's a non issue.
    And as long as you understand that I don't give a flying fuck what you think about my opinion, your post is completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    The difference is that WQGF had that little eye next to every quest, not just elite quests, which made doing WQ's exponentially faster. I have saved days worth of playtime with this addon, so it's extremely frustrating that it's now gone.
    You can still form and join groups without that little eye, though. It's just one extra click to do so. When my freshly dinged mage was too squishy for a single WQ, I did it, had a group for it in less than thirty seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Fuck Blizzard, I'm just gonna raid log from now on, all motivation to do world quests is gone now.
    Lol k.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by celeris View Post
    if this solves the latency issues some players are having than that addon can die a peaceful death, getting all angry about it makes you look selfish..
    Here's the problem though. From launch until 7.2 there was any lag or latency issues and if there was it was minor / rare. Once 7.2 launched it hit a big extreme and they also changed a lot around on their end.

So they wanted to blame an addon instead of trying to figure out why. They disable said addon and myself and several others in our guild and other servers still noticed the same loot lag, quest credit, rewards being awarded, etc lag/latency issues except it seemed to somehow get worse.

The problem then lies in showing that what they did, didn't help alleviate anything (even though they said it would) since they disabled a lot of stuff at the moment and will be adding in the confirmations. So the question is, if disabling a lot of that stuff didn't help doesn't it then show that it wasn't the problem and it's something else? Or more to do with their servers/host?

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    You ruined the group finder tool.. so now my addon world quest group finder is no longer working.. so now it takes me 10X longer now just to search manually for groups in which a world quest should only take me like 2 minutes tops to do.. how do you expect people to do world quests when it only excepts 5 target taps per mob.. so yeah group finder for world questing is ruined.
    Addons still work. You have so many different things wrong with what you typed.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

I've read through a few of these threads and I guess I'm the only one on here who uses group finder to get off a one sided PVP server once in a while. This addon was a godsend for those times when I wanted to finish an emissary quest but constantly ran into large groups of horde at every quest. It was a welcome break from being the only green name. I'm sure we'll work around this one too. If I didn't have connections to people on my server group I'd be gone.

WQGF still works but you got to manually hit the green button> hit refresh> current area groups show up> hit join> wait for invite> join group then leave manually etc. It's still a lot faster than manually typing in the group name and searching since it will type it for you but it is no longer fully automated now. Addon creator going on vacation EU for 2 weeks and is looking for help on github as well to help revive this addon with new workarounds(from what I read on curse addon page).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i guess some people simply like "wasting" their time
    Yes. I enjoyed it alot. And... i'm still enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    It's still a lot faster than manually typing in the group name and searching since it will type it for you but it is no longer fully automated now
    You don't need to type anything out without the addon, though. Just right click a WQ and search for groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Baromen View Post
    If I didn't have connections to people on my server group I'd be gone.
    Honestly, sounds like you'd enjoy playing a lot more if you switched servers, despite losing those connections.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.