Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So what is the point of Legionfall reputation now beyond revered?

Can someone explain this to me? It used to be that you needed exalted to unlock your class mount questline. Now they dropped this, thank god I might add. I'm absolutely for this. But what do I need exalted with Legionfall now? Is there anything in the game I need it for? I'm already revered on my main and have flying unlocked, so it's kinda sad that when I do complete the campaign and I get 1500 rep for a quest, that's completely pointless for me now.

Well, usually, Exalted is for rewards like mounts, but considering people cry about everything, they removed that.

Let's cry so they remove the Revered reputation from Pathfinder 2 and the other items, so there's less reason to do the rep!
    Last edited by Makorus; 2017-04-28 at 05:39 PM.

Toy & tabard at exalted and a chance to get a mount from the paragon bag I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't that ugly Legionfall tabard have an Exalted requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Toy & tabard at exalted and a chance to get a mount from the paragon bag I guess...
    Yep, that's it.

It's a pet in the paragon cache for Legionfall. :3

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Reputations (beside Nightfallen for dungeons and Legionfall for flying) were never a goal in Legion, you gain it passively. You mostly do world quests for emissary cache and AP. Same with Broken Shore, every 4 quests here are like emissary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Well, usually, Exalted is for rewards like mounts, but considering people cry about everything, they removed that.

Let's cry so they remove the Revered reputation from Pathfinder 2 and the other items, so there's less reason to do the rep!
    The thing is that usually, you get to exalted on one character and that's it. Giving every class their own mount and requiring them to get to exalted to get it, of course that's retarded. No one wants to get to exalted on 12 characters just to get all the class mounts.

But should there be no reward for getting to exalted at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Toy & tabard at exalted and a chance to get a pet from the paragon bag I guess...
    Yeah, no thank you. And to have to get to exalted just for a chance at a mount from the bag is a slap in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Reputations (beside Nightfallen for dungeons and Legionfall for flying) were never a goal in Legion, you gain it passively. You mostly do world quests for emissary cache and AP. Same with Broken Shore, every 4 quests here are like emissary.
    How do I gain it passively when I have to do quests to get it? Emissary quests give 1500 rep. What are you talking about? How is this a justification for no cool rewards?

"Oh reputations in Legion aren't meant to be cool."

When has exalted provided anything other than unlocking a tabard and a reward or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The thing is that usually, you get to exalted on one character and that's it. Giving every class their own mount and requiring them to get to exalted to get it, of course that's retarded. No one wants to get to exalted on 12 characters just to get all the class mounts.

But should there be no reward for getting to exalted at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, no thank you. And to have to get to exalted just for a chance at a mount from the bag is a slap in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I gain it passively when I have to do quests to get it? Emissary quests give 1500 rep. What are you talking about? How is this a justification for no cool rewards?

Then blame the playerbase for outright cheering on Blizzard when they remove the entire Rep requirement instead of making it account-wide because that's how you get pointless Reputations.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

I said that most people do emissary for chance for legendary and AP, not for reputation, so they gain it "passively" - what here is hard to understand? It's not like "I do this daily quests for reputation to get rewards from that reputation". Again, with exception of Nightfallen on launch and Legionfall to revered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dude View Post
    When has exalted provided anything other than unlocking a tabard and a reward or two?
    Mounts? Like, have you never played the game at any point?

Can someone explain this to me? It used to be that you needed exalted to unlock your class mount questline. Now they dropped this, thank god I might add. I'm absolutely for this. But what do I need exalted with Legionfall now? Is there anything in the game I need it for? I'm already revered on my main and have flying unlocked, so it's kinda sad that when I do complete the campaign and I get 1500 rep for a quest, that's completely pointless for me now.
    Is that any different than any other rep in Legion? When you complete the campaign, there won't be any more 1500 rep quests. I don't see the issue aside from your being a malcontent looking for something to complain about. If you don't care about the exalted rep content, don't worry about the rep.

Yeah, in previous expansions exalted got you a real reward-- a mount.

In Legion, hitting exalted unlocks paragon rep where you earn another 10k rep for a bag with a RNG chance at a mount.

All fits in to the modern WoW dev philosophy, RNG everywhere. No deterministic rewards.

This is all intended to stretch out their content even further, so they can avoid having a content drought between 7.3 and 8.0. And I think they will succeed at that. Instead of a period with zero content, there will be very, very long stretches with vanishingly little content. Weeks where the only new "content" is a quest to do 12 WQs, or kill 5 rares.

As a player, I don't really see that as an improvement. I'd rather just quit the game during a full drought and come back when it's over. But for Blizzard, obviously they want players to continue paying them money.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-04-28 at 06:06 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would've been nice of them to add that Arcane stormcrow to the AoL vendor that we flew on during the intro scenario for something like 150,000 nethershards (I only say that amount because that was the cost for the Corrupted Dreadwing in 6.2).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Mounts? Like, have you never played the game at any point?
    Which it was for and the removed the need for it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They should have made the Legion disk a mount reward from exalted paragon...

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dude View Post
    Plenty of times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Would've been nice of them to add that Arcane stormcrow to the AoL vendor that we flew on during the intro scenario for something like 150,000 nethershards (I only say that amount because that was the cost for the Corrupted Dreadwing in 6.2).
    Those were much easier to obtain. I'd say maybe 35-50k.

I see this completely differently.

Instead of seeing that I don't get anything for exalted, I get the reward of never going back to that shithole once revered.
    That's much better than any stupid item.