Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well it was fun guys, back to doing WQs alone. First KUI friendly nameplates now this. Fun detected, fun removed - Blizzard 2017

To make all the idiots that dont understand why this change happened.

From a post on reddit:

Invasion pops up and 1 player creates a new group on server A and groups with 4 other people. After they finish the quest, maybe 3/4 of those invited players stay on that server after leaving group, that means that server/shard went from having 1 player to 4.

Those 4 players go their separate ways and maybe 2 or 3 create new groups for the other world quests .Now, each of those 2 or 3 new groups will end up having (for simplicity sake) 2 or 3 new players staying on that server after leaving group, who will go off and do the same.

Meanwhile, , those who jumped to Server A and stayed on server A get in a new group, but are also more and more likely to end up in a group that is also on Server A, thus either comping back to the congested server or not leaving the server at all.

Or easier explanation:

Person 1 arrives at the world quest and WQGF creates a group.
    Person 2-5 join said group and get transferred to a server.
    Person 1 is done with the quest and leaves, someone else gets leader and their addon lists the group again.
    Person 6 joins the group and gets transferred to the server.
    As people finish their quest, they leave the group, but due to how CRZ works now, they all stay on the server after leaving.
    As long as at least one person is still doing the quest, the group stays listed, drawing more and more people to that same server.
    The people that left the group and flew to another world quest might even create a different group that does the same.

In other words your retarded addon, after it got famous the last month started creating problems, therefor it was disabled.

No wonder i had a friend asking "Since when the server got merged with XX XX and XX servers" and suddenly lagging on The Maelstrom.

Its easier to disable an addon, than fix around it.

Especially when the in game tool does the EXACT SAME THING, with 2 clicks instead of 1.

Same thing happened with the group addon in MOP, got famous? Deactivated.

Dont make addons famous.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-28 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye how dare those filthy scrubs play it as mmorpg - after all its raid symulator game eh ?
    Sure, it can be raid simulator. And also single player game, if someone wants it to play that way.
    Do you think there is specific way how moorpg should be played? Some mmorpg holy bible?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Lets be real. WQGF worked out because it easily grouped you together during quests you'd otherwise really just do solo.

You shave some minutes off the daily grind and I saw nothing wrong with that. Social aspect not harmed in any noteworthy way.
    This, it is/was a good time saver. Even if I just save let's say 30 seconds per WQ, that's over 20 hours saved by using this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

From a post on reddit:

Invasion pops up and 1 player creates a new group on server A and groups with 4 other people. After they finish the quest, maybe 3/4 of those invited players stay on that server after leaving group, that means that server/shard went from having 1 player to 4.

Those 4 players go their separate ways and maybe 2 or 3 create new groups for the other world quests .Now, each of those 2 or 3 new groups will end up having (for simplicity sake) 2 or 3 new players staying on that server after leaving group, who will go off and do the same.

Meanwhile, , those who jumped to Server A and stayed on server A get in a new group, but are also more and more likely to end up in a group that is also on Server A, thus either comping back to the congested server or not leaving the server at all.

Or easier explanation:

Person 1 is done with the quest and leaves, someone else gets leader and their addon lists the group again.
    As people finish their quest, they leave the group, but due to how CRZ works now, they all stay on the server after leaving.
    As long as at least one person is still doing the quest, the group stays listed, drawing more and more people to that same server.
    The people that left the group and flew to another world quest might even create a different group that does the same.

In other words your retarded addon, after it got famous the last month started creating problems, therefor it was disabled.

No wonder i had a friend asking "Since when the server got merged with XX XX and XX servers" and suddenly lagging on The Maelstrom.

Especially when the in game tool does the EXACT SAME THING, with 2 clicks instead of 1.

Dont make addons famous.
    Maybe people from another realms should be kicked back to their own realm once they leave the group. It used to work like that before, i dont know why they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Maybe people from another realms should be kicked back to their own realm once they leave the group. It used to work like that before, i dont know why they changed it.
    It does, usually when you change area or CRZ area or whatever, thing is as described when people keep refreshing it before returning to their server, they end up fucking up the server because they click and join groups while going to the WQ, not around it.

Invasions is the examples since it CRZs the area completely apparently, and this addon caused insane lag cause of that.

What do you think is more logical? Fix the sharding tech because a few people use an addon that already exists since 7.1.5 btw as an in game tool without the CRZ problems or disable said addon?

What they did is perfectly fine, the in game-tool works the same with 2 clicks.

From a post on reddit:

Or easier explanation:

Dont make addons famous.
    That sounds more like an issue with Blizzard's latest changes to sharding tech.

The addon has been working the same way since legion launched, yet when 7.2 dropped and invasion assaults got unlocked, all these lag issues happen... and the problem is an addon that worked flawlessly for months?

Yeah, no, not buying it . This is a case of Activision-Blizzard devs not wanting to admit that whatever changes they made to their precious sharding tech in 7.2 is broken. 7.2 has been riddled with bugs, and this is just another bug that a certain addon happened to bring out to the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    That sounds more like an issue with Blizzard's latest changes to sharding tech.

The addon has been working the same way since legion launched, yet when 7.2 dropped and invasion assaults got unlocked, all these lag issues happen... and the problem is an addon that worked flawlessly for months?

Yeah, no, not buying it . This is a case of Activision-Blizzard devs not wanting to admit that whatever changes they made to their precious sharding tech in 7.2 is broken
    Then you dont understand basic networking, basic programming and everything basic brain function.

The problem is that your addon got famous over the last 1-2 months, and from a few using it, way more started using it and it caused a shit storm.

I havent had any lag problems cause i am on a 99% Horde only High populated server (Twisting Nether EU), we dont need to CRZ anything so i didnt even know the IN GAME TOOL EXISTED for over a month.

Of course i didnt know this ADDON existed either.

While my friend remained on the old server, experienced insane lag the last month and i had no idea what he was talking about, while always crying "WHY ARE RUSSIANS HERE, WHY IS FROSTMANE SERVER HERE, WHY IS THIS SERVER".

Which explains all his crying by this addon.

In easier words to understand.

When only a few people used this addon, there was no problem, it got famous, produced lag for a few servers, they killed it off as expected.

The in game tool does the same thing as this addon,start using it.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-28 at 03:17 PM.

so am i like one of the few that never grp for WQs ?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm not trying to draw conclusions but isn't this the same as politics?

Saying that because of X (completeley false!) reason we had to do Y-Z. No one likes Y-Z, but we don't attack the result (Y-Z ie. disabling WQGF), instead we talk about the completely false cause (X, ie. laggy servers), which none of us can prove or disprove.

I freakin hate the world we live in.

The MASSIVE amount of playtime needed to be "competitive" now is ridiculous. I always played in world ~500 guilds, never had time problems and I played multiple alts, always cleared the content before the next, because I enjoy raiding and what is "hard".
    I also enjoyed the little optimizations where it's needed - like the moonwell chalice for demo locks, I did everything to be on the top of my game.
    I got used to this game for YEARS and now Legion comes and all my free time goes to WoW. It was OK for me that for 2-4 months we raided 4x4 hours a week, and that was a massive time investment too!
    Nowadays I play 8 hours a day to be "on top". Nobody forces me to, yeah, but I got accustomed to this.

WQGF was a fresh breath that WQ's were completed in 1-2 minutes tops. Now it jumpst to 5-8. Go to hell, Blizzard. Luckily I won't have pay for this game with $, but if this continues they will lose another player.

Maybe that is the goal? HS and Hots produce lot more money than WoW. Why would they develop this game when they can get more money elsewhere?

Then you dont understand basic networking, basic programming and everything basic brain function.
    lmao... that's attempt at an insult is priceless considering the bolded part makes absolutely no sense. No need to act like a salty Blizzard bootlicker, bro. We're just talking.

The problem is that your addon got famous over the last 1-2 months, and from a few using it, way more started using it and it caused a shit storm.

When only a few people used this addon, there was no problem, it got famous, produced lag for a few servers, they killed it off as expected.

WQGF exploded in popularity back in Nov 1, 2016 and has been steady or slightly increasing since then (and with no problems until they introduced changes to sharding tech in 7.2 btw). Just look at the download history:

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/wo...ther-downloads

This idea that WQGF has only been super popular since 7.2 is downright false. There's no evidence of that high of a boom in users (most of the 7.2 downloads were people updating the addon for the patch).

I havent had any lag problems cause i am on a 99% Horde only High populated server (Twisting Nether EU), we dont need to CRZ anything so i didnt even know the IN GAME TOOL EXISTED for over a month.

Then that's your fault. There's been a big tab labeled "Premade" in the LFG panel for a while now. People have been using CRZ to group onto other servers since at least the beginning of MoP. Way before WQGF was even a thought.

...You realize that WQGF was literally just an addon that used the in game tools, but made quicker and easier, right?
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-04-28 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    LOL 1-2 months, lol good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Well it was fun guys, back to doing WQs alone. First KUI friendly nameplates now this. Fun detected, fun removed - Blizzard 2017

Only back to the resource WQ for me, will probably be doing 10% of what I used to.

Legion is going to consist of me logging in to check resources and order hall missions thats it.

While my friend remained on the old server, experienced insane lag the last month and i had no idea what he was talking about, while always crying "WHY ARE RUSSIANS HERE, WHY IS FROSTMANE SERVER HERE, WHY IS THIS SERVER".

FYI WQGF had over 2m downloads before 7.2's invasions, so it was hardly "unknown"... and was working perfectly, and without server impact, prior to this stupid shard tech issue this add-on managed to have manifested its flaws come invasions.

Just another of Blizzard's infamous bandaid fixes...

When Blizzard makes you grind world quests endlessly, people will find away to make it less of a chore. Doing world quests with a group is faster, but the downside is every couple minutes you have to search group finder, filter out full groups, and quickly apply to groups not full and hope for an invite. WQGF removes that downside and allows group questing to be effective, moreso than solo questing. How anyone can be against this is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao, all I read was "my gf's pc lagged, must be WQGF". They didn't break it btw, they just made it less usable by bots and ppl trying to afk while others do world quests for them. Still does it's job perfectly, you just have to click a button to start the search instead of it doing automatically when you enter the area. Still takes all the work on finding a group out of the equation.

I've never used this addon before but I wanted to chime in to say WQ's are terrible and making them slightly better for people is a good thing.

"Social Interaction" is a non arguement. No one talks in any group you find via the in game group finder (Manual or otherwise) either.

Another step from Ion towards removing Addon's from WoW. He seems to have a hard on over removing functionality of addons and options from the game. He needs to go, WoW has gotten nothing but worse. They always pull this shit AFTER a Q&A.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2017-04-28 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    So wait... an addon that makes me join groups is less social than playing solo? Right!
    Same way being put with 4 strangers you'll never see again aka LFD makes people not even bother say "hi" anymore, yes. WoW has removed nearly all forms of "necessary interaction" with other players and it's easy to spot what this has resulted in, if you have an eye for it. It's not one singular change that has ruined the social aspect of WoW and turned it into an open world ARPG where actually interacting with other players is optional until you want to raid on a schedule.

Also... don't like it, don't use it. Easy.
    I don't. But since this is an MMORPG, asking people to not ruin their own experience in order to progress faster is a tall order. Same stupid argument as flying versus ground mounts. Oh yeah, it sure is technically possible to choose to go by ground even when you can fly, but literally no one is willing to gimp themselves. This is apparent everywhere.. like in the Everbloom dungeon where people got pissed off whenever someone didn't know how to skip a few packs of trash. Fuckers wasting time!!!!1

FYI WQGF had over 2m downloads before 7.2's invasions, so it was hardly "unknown"... and was working perfectly, and without server impact
    Uh, how do you know this, exactly?
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-04-28 at 05:46 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    An addon that creates a group for you, killed your group content?????????? God damn, some people for real..
    its not really group content when your group hopping and stay in party for less than 2 min without saying anything in chat

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    this guy knows whats up. this shit is ridiculous. I get that we moved away from yelling trade. Now we cant even deal with the LFG tool? This is lfg on lfg. makes the world feel instanced and no one in the game socializes. Frogs in MOP have more socializiation than this because at least that was the same group of people for a duration
    Not when using the LFG tool takes almost as long as the actual quest. Also, when you have so many WQs to do that are viable and with most people doing them in a different order -- people aren't often going to play around with the group finder or stick around. No matter how the group is formed.

There are no doubt some pros and cons to the addon. However, if you have a desire to be socially active -- perhaps not be like everyone else in the game and complain that the social front is almost dead yet ignore people when they whisper or automatically leave the group when something is complete.

I see this far too often. People talking like big shots and bashing the game's social aspects when they themselves limit a conversation to three words and exhibit extreme social issues. Whether it be an elitist thinking he's so much better than everyone else or someone too busy trying to bite their ear to do two things at once; the issue prevails. No addon or mechanic is forcing the game to be anti-social -- it's you.

I've met friends in WQGF, I've queued up instances with some and even stayed in groups far longer than the WQ we joined together. All of that would not be possible without the addon. And when I am in the mood to watch Netflix and go solo, I can still use group benefits to make my progress more efficient. Even when you're not communicating with someone yet you come together to make content more efficient, whether through an addon or not, it still encourages groups and engagement. Taking away this addon I guarantee will cause more people to role solo than the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

its not really group content when your group hopping and stay in party for less than 2 min without saying anything in chat
    See above, but yes it is. You're wrong. Just because you're not communicating doesn't mean you aren't doing group content.

You can't finish a heroic by yourself because you need other people, right? How many random dungeons have you queued for and never said a word to them? A bunch I'm sure. Would you say that isn't group content? Of course you wouldn't.

Gated content based on needing a group or content being more efficient because of a group is the same thing.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

hit me with the bad news X((( lol
    It still works fine. You can't afk with auto accept on and keep having people cycle through your groups anymore. It has changed in a few other ways, but this is the biggest for the lag issues and also keeps people from leeching off of groups for WQ as easily.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    7. It has a bad language support.
    Lol and they say Americans are the entitled ones.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop