Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

"There will be no more class quests in Legion or beyond"

Confirmed in the Q & A.

Really sad. Class quests were really the only cool thing in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    I mean it was pretty clear that the class hall was legion's gimmick and not returning for the next one.
    That is dumb, though.

"Yeah let's leave all this class flavour behind and return to how it used to be before Legion. Isn't that more exciting?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Confirmed in the Q & A.
    How about you cite your source?

Confirmed in the Q & A.

Got a timestamp? I want some context

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Even after Legion? Huh, that's disappointing.
    Nothing was said about next expansion. It was about 7.3. 7.2 is lacking story in campaign, because too many resources went to 7 artifact questlines, 12 campaign chapters and 12 mount quests. To avoid this on Argus, they must drop class only stuff for now.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed in the Q & A.

They only said patch 7.3

The class specific content probably won't continue going forward to Patch 7.3.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Blatantly false. He was talking about the next patch being less focused on individual class story and more on a united faction effort. Which makes sense in the end, you can't narratively expect to let the world believe that subjectively class X helped save the world with no references to the other order halls. It's gotta make sense for everyone involved, not just 1/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Suru View Post
    Got a timestamp? I want some context
    36:30 in the vod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nothing was said about next expansion. It was about 7.3. 7.2 is lacking story in campaign, because too many resources went to 7 artifact questlines, 12 campaign chapters and 12 mount quests. To avoid this on Argus, they must drop class only stuff for now.
    Because of this essentially.

7+ Year Old Account
    The class specific content probably won't continue going forward to Patch 7.3.
    how about next time a less baity nonsense title.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    I mean it was pretty clear that the class hall was legion's gimmick and not returning for the next one.
    Yeah, but we never asked for a goddamn class hall, far less to become the supreme highlords and leaders of our class.

All we wanted was to have some more quests similar to the vanilla Paladin or Warlock quests that were done for their class mounts. A few class specific quests here and there along the way with appropriate rewards, with varying degrees of epicness -- NOT having the whole f*cking questing process revolving around your class hall shit.

But those idiot devs did the exact same thing they always do: went from one extreme (no class content whatsoever) to the other (so much class content that you drown in it), with no middle way, as usual. But I shouldn't be surprised; this is how they have behaved in every single expansion since Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed in the Q & A.

Learn to paraphrase accurately.

Class quests were really the only cool thing in Legion.
    Seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    how about next time a less baity nonsense title.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Learn to paraphrase accurately.

What I'm wondering is, why you would assume I got this from the MMO-Champion frontpage? I got it directly from the interview I watched. This is what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Allen
    The other follow-up question I wanted to ask you, part of what we were talking about a minute ago is the class questlines and all the class-focussed storylines sort of tying into 7.2, and that sort of splitting up the team's attention on, ok, we're focussing on really like 1/12 of the playerbase with this questline and so on and so forth. Given the sort of class focus of the Legion storyline, at least up until now, is that something we can expect to continue going forward through 7.3 and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion Hazzikostas
    I don't think so.
    Lore clearly asks about more than just patch 7.3. He said going forward through patch 7.3 AND SO ON. Meaning what comes after 7.3. So saying that there will be no class quests in Legion or beyond is absolutely accurate.

The tone here is very obvious. Josh asks if it was worth designing quests that only a small portion of the playerbase will see. Ion said no, and we're not gonna keep doing that because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering is, why you would assume I got this from the MMO-Champion frontpage? I got it directly from the interview I watched. This is what they said.
    No, it's not. Go listen again to both Ion's answer but more importantly to Josh's question. You're simply wrong here. They're clearly talking about the rest of Lgion and to extrapolate that past Legion is shit you are making up in your own mind.

The other point is you put quote marks around a phrase that IS NOT SAID. Again, learn what those mean.

As has already been pointed out in another thread making a bunch of class-specific content in an expansion that strongly discourages alts turns out to be a waste of time and resources. In a way, same with the "choose your leveling zone order" (which was already bungled by the profession quests tending to all start in Azsuna).

Deleted
    Confirmed in the Q & A.

Jesus. Maybe not go full retard next time you post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No, it's not. Go listen again to both Ion's answer but more importantly to Josh's question. You're simply wrong here. They're clearly talking about the rest of Lgion and to extrapolate that past Legion is shit you are making up in your own mind.

The other point is you put quote marks around a phrase that IS NOT SAID. Again, learn what those mean.
    I literally transcribed what Josh and Ion said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Here's what I remember from my class campaign, having done resto and guardian:

1. The first guardian quests took longer for me than they took for the friends I was leveling with so they had to wait for me.
    2. I had to watch a video to figure out how to do a resto quest.
    3. One of the resto quests had a bug where the scenario didn't finish properly. They hotfixed it by giving you credit even if u didn't finish the scenario. I was really confused until I noticed that the quest was completed in my log.
    4. Really annoyed at the follower missions.
    5. Glad to get a 3rd slot.

Honestly, that's all I can think of right now. So to me, it seems like a waste to have invested all these resources.
    So you being unable to play Resto properly means class quests were a waste of time?

OP is right this class content should not be flavor of legion.. this is an MMORPG and part of the reason a lot of people play are to fill the role of the fantasy character. This should be considered core content as it was in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    OP is right this class content should not be flavor of legion.. this is an MMORPG and part of the reason a lot of people play are to fill the role of the fantasy character. This should be considered core content as it was in vanilla.
    They would need to lower the class content cause there's just so much of it in 7.2. THe problem is not everyone can access it(Cause Class content der der).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I literally transcribed what Josh and Ion said.

- - - Updated - - -

So you being unable to play Resto properly means class quests were a waste of time?
    I highly doubt you did.
    Take the opinions out of it though. Link where it was said in the vod. Otherwise, I don't particularly care considering we don't even know what 8.0 is.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV