Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well this is shit news

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Shitposting is shitposting whether it's angry or not.

Regardless you clearly posted misinformation and then got corrected so I understand if you're a bit rustled. I would be too if I was reliant on an addon to perform a function in the base game.

It's ok pal none of us are perfect.
    "I can't believe he replied again. He must be SUPER MAD"

By your own logic you must be furious friendo.

Now I'm shitposting.
    Last edited by cfStatic; 2017-04-28 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    You know if you right click a WQ without an eye it gives you the option to queue for it right?
    I didn't know that, thanks.
    Edit: Strange design decision to not always show the eye tho

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The primary utility of the WQGF addon was that it would automatically create or join groups when you entered a world quest area. This meant that there were always groups for any given world quest and you would automatically group with other people. It's a more social experience than soloing and more importantly made WQs faster too.

Now that the user needs to make a positive action to create a group, there will be far, far less groups to join. That sucks.

Blizzard should have rate-limited or throttled automated group creation/joining, not killed it entirely.

@Onikaroshi: He could do that, but the need to do so basically renders the addon moot. People could just click the eye.
    Yea, I'm not saying he should or that I'd blast him for not doing it. I didn't have any issue today completing world quests just by right clicking and using the group thing blizzard added, its all been blown out of proportion really

Deleted
    WQGF was my favourite addon because it made a tedious chore less tedious, now I am left with the shitty default UI that doesn't even do what I loved about WQGF.... I probably won't be doing WQs anymore cheers Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    I didn't know that, thanks.
    Edit: Strange design decision to not always show the eye tho
    Might be because Blizz assumes you don't need to find a group for quests that you can easily solo, versus dragon quests which are hard for some classes to solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh good lord, they added prompts, they did not take out the ability to do it.

"Do you want to search for group?" yes

"Do you want to apply to group 'x'?" yes

"No group is found do you want to create a group?" yes

The ability to fix it is there, the author just doesn't want to, but eventually someone else will come along.
    As it stands right now, you can use the addon for exactly what you're describing. Did you even test it? There's nothing to fix that can be fixed. People used the addon for the auto-group function, which is the part Blizzard permanently broke. Now, it saves barely any time over just using the standard Group Finder.

Deleted
    Yea, I'm not saying he should or that I'd blast him for not doing it. I didn't have any issue today completing world quests just by right clicking and using the group thing blizzard added, its all been blown out of proportion really
    Good for you? I struggle with pressing the RMB so WQs are now a physical chore for me

There are certainly a lot less groups than there used to be. That's the primary impact. The addon removed all the friction.

You'll find group leaders clicking the "convert to raid" button when they hit 5 members, not knowing that breaks the group for a non wardens "Danger" or raidboss WQ. The addon stopped them from doing that.

The addon only invited people actually doing the WQ to the group. Now you'll have people joining your WQ groups to serverhop.

And finally, the addon allowed PvE players to blacklist PvP servers. Getting ganked triggers us carebears! That's gone now, too.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-04-28 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    Might be because Blizz assumes you don't need to find a group for quests that you can easily solo, versus dragon quests which are hard for some classes to solo.
    Perhaps Blizzard could make content people don't want to finish asap because they're not fun? Anyway im annoyed so going

It has nothing to do with the eye. You CAN make groups for trivial quests if you really want to.

Blizz logic as usual:

/fun detected
    /fun disabled

10+ Year Old Account
    I just right-click on the WQ and hit the "Find Group" option which takes me to the grp finder with a list of groups doing that WQ. Then I look for one with 3 or 4 players and join it. Sucks that it's not automatic anymore but it takes literally 4 extra seconds to do this.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There are certainly a lot less groups than there used to be. That's the primary impact. The addon removed all the friction.

You'll find group leaders clicking the "convert to raid" button when they hit 5 members, not knowing that breaks the group for a non wardens "Danger" or raidboss WQ. The addon stopped them from doing that.

The addon only invited people actually doing the WQ to the group. Now you'll have people joining your WQ groups to serverhop.

And finally, the addon allowed PvE players to blacklist PvP servers. Getting ganked triggers us carebears! That's gone now, too.
    WQGF was messed up and creating raid groups since 7.2, had to leave quite a few groups that suddenly got converted to raid, even groups it created for me, and I never hit convert to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I just right-click on the WQ and hit the "Find Group" option which takes me to the grp finder with a list of groups doing that WQ. Then I look for one with 3 or 4 players and join it. Sucks that it's not automatic anymore but it takes literally 4 extra seconds to do this.
    but that one extra click!!!

WQGF was messed up and creating raid groups since 7.2, had to leave quite a few groups that suddenly got converted to raid, even groups it created for me, and I never hit convert to raid.
    Weird. I never experienced that myself doing WQs on 12 L110 characters. Must be a rare bug.

At any rate, it wasn't supposed to work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard could make content people don't want to finish asap because they're not fun? Anyway im annoyed so going
    You know you don't have to play WoW if you don't find it fun.

SHOCKER

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    As it stands right now, you can use the addon for exactly what you're describing. Did you even test it? There's nothing to fix that can be fixed. People used the addon for the auto-group function, which is the part Blizzard permanently broke. Now, it saves barely any time over just using the standard Group Finder.
    It is the difference between one addon putting a bunch of confirmation boxes in one spot that you click yes on ~5-6 times versus moving your mouse to the right of the screen, right clicking the WQ, clicking "find groups", clicking a group, moving the mouse to the bottom of the window and clicking apply, moving the mouse to the next group etc. Even if it saves 5 seconds per WQ, that is over 3 hours saved if you've done 2500 WQs (an achievement tons of people have). It's no different than when they broke AH addon automation to buy things and made it require one press per purchase, it is still WAY faster to have an addon put the confirmation boxes in one spot (and maybe bind confirm to scroll wheel like TSM does for AH stuff) and you just click one button a bunch than to move the mouse between 2 spots a few times. No different than how annoying the Blood of Sargeras vendor used to be versus how much better it is now.

It would be trivial to add this functionality to WQGF (as I've confirmed with a couple other addon authors) and it would make the addon only a tiny bit worse than it used to be, but still reasonably better than the default option, not really sure why the author doesn't want to add this. But I'm gonna see if I can get some other author to pick up addon development from him and add this if he is really so against trying to fix it.
    Last edited by v1perz53; 2017-04-28 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    It is the difference between one addon putting a bunch of confirmation boxes in one spot that you click yes on ~5-6 times versus moving your mouse to the right of the screen, right clicking the WQ, clicking "find groups", clicking a group, moving the mouse to the bottom of the window and clicking apply, moving the mouse to the next group etc. Even if it saves 5 seconds per WQ, that is over 3 hours saved if you've done 2500 WQs (an achievement tons of people have). It's no different than when they broke AH addon automation to buy things and made it require one press per purchase, it is still WAY faster to have an addon put the confirmation boxes in one spot (and maybe bind confirm to scroll wheel like TSM does for AH stuff) and you just click one button a bunch than to move the mouse between 2 spots a few times. No different than how annoying the Blood of Sargeras vendor used to be versus how much better it is now.

It would be trivial to add this functionality to WQGF (as I've confirmed with a couple other addon authors) and it would make the addon only a tiny bit worse than it used to be, but still reasonably better than the default option, not really sure why the author doesn't want to add this. But I'm gonna see if I can get some other author to pick up addon development from him and add this if he is really so against trying to fix it.
    3 hours in comparison to the time it'd take to do 2500 quests without it is a drop in a pond. And I'd argue it wouldn't even save 5 seconds. More like 2-3. It's an improvement, obviously, but not something most people wouldn't notice too much, especially considering how short most WQs are, even solo. The convenience of clicking the same spot, however, is pretty valid, I'll say.

i can see why it needed something to be done about it.. it's been like a week ago or something since i came back and i found this addon and thought it was awesome.. til everyone using it ended up on the same shard(lagfest deluxe).. i'm guessing that's the problem with it.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.