Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    As it stands right now, you can use the addon for exactly what you're describing. Did you even test it? There's nothing to fix that can be fixed. People used the addon for the auto-group function, which is the part Blizzard permanently broke. Now, it saves barely any time over just using the standard Group Finder.
    This comment is so stupid i just lost IQ points... It's like saying "Why use a bike, you already have legs?".

Joining a group with the standard UI is rather clunky, but i do agree, it only takes maybe 5 seconds. THE PROBLEM IS THAT SOMEONE HAS TO MANUALLY CREATE THAT GROUP!!!! Type in the name, chose "Questing" in dropdown, chose other options, create the group, having to open the group finder every 5 seconds to invite players, having to manually check if it's just a realmhopper and then removing this guy, and i could keep going. All things WQGF did with 1 click and then forget about it.

All this functionality is perfectly available in game, but it's about as smooth as cleaning your floor with a toothbrush - which i have to remind you IS perfectly doable.

Honestly i cant even...
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Blizz logic as usual:

/fun detected
    /fun disabled
    This was removed because of technical problems. The lag I had yesterday (before the hotfix) was ridiculous. It took like 3 seconds of lag before I could do anything. Literally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgrim View Post
    There was no whining in his post at all, just the facts.
    Everybody sees facts as whining in 2017.

Doing WQ is boring.
    Stop whining.

Getting stunlocked is annoying.
    Stop whining.

An apple is a fruit.
    Stop whining.

My ass is sore cuz my dad loves me too much.
    Stop whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post
    This comment is so stupid i just lost IQ points...
    Don't think so low of your own posts, man.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT SOMEONE HAS TO MANUALLY CREATE THAT GROUP!!!! Type in the name, chose "Questing" in dropdown, chose other options, create the group, having to open the group finder every 5 seconds to invite players, having to manually check if it's just a realmhopper and then removing this guy, and i could keep going. All things WQGF did with 1 click and then forget about it.

All this functionality is perfectly available in game, but it's about as smooth as cleaning your floor with a toothbrush - which i have to remind you IS perfectly doable.

Honestly i cant even...
    "I can't even" either, because you know what, the addon still does this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The primary utility of the WQGF addon was that it would automatically create or join groups when you entered a world quest area. This meant that there were always groups for any given world quest and you would automatically group with other people. It's a more social experience than soloing and more importantly made WQs faster too.

Now that the user needs to make a positive action to create a group, there will be far, far less groups to join. That sucks.

Blizzard should have rate-limited or throttled automated group creation/joining, not killed it entirely.

@Onikaroshi: He could do that, but the need to do so basically renders the addon moot. People could just click the eye.
    There won't be fewer groups for players who didn't use the addon though as the groups created by the addon were worthless to anyone without and served no purpose other than to clutter up the group finder tool.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    There won't be fewer groups for players who didn't use the addon though as the groups created by the addon were worthless to anyone without and served no purpose other than to clutter up the group finder tool.
    Yes, that's true. It wouldn't invite anyone who wasn't using the addon. That protected against server hoppers.

Joining a group with the standard UI is rather clunky, but i do agree, it only takes maybe 5 seconds. THE PROBLEM IS THAT SOMEONE HAS TO MANUALLY CREATE THAT GROUP!!!! Type in the name, chose "Questing" in dropdown, chose other options, create the group, having to open the group finder every 5 seconds to invite players, having to manually check if it's just a realmhopper and then removing this guy, and i could keep going. All things WQGF did with 1 click and then forget about it.
    The name of the quest and category, etc., are auto-populated. Click auto-invite, don't convert to raid, quest is probably done after the first 2 people join.

I am using WQGF the same exact way I did except for when I create a group.

When searching for a Group it works the exact same way it did (if you did it the manual way) You left/right cick the WQ Icon on the map. It'll pop up on the Quest Tracker list. Right click it on the Quest Tracker and select "Find Group". From there it'll show you a list of all currently available WQ under that name. I prefer'd using it that way before the change as for i know what groups I am queing for. I know if its auto accept or not. So there is virtually no change there.

When creating a group tho its different. Before it would obviously auto create a listing if none were available. But its still very much so easy to create one. Follow the steps above when searching for the WQ you want. If no listings are up just simply highlight the text of the WQ name in the search field, Ctrl + C it (copies the name) Click back, Start a group (Questing will already be selected) In the title Control + V in it (Paste) do the same in Details if you want, and hit list group and select auto invite. There. You searched for the WQ, and created the WQ as a group if none already made, in under 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    I am using WQGF the same exact way I did except for when I create a group.
    Everything you just described is part of the default UI.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    When searching for a Group it works the exact same way it did (if you did it the manual way)
    This isn't using the addon at all. That's how the base game works.

Also there's a "create group" button in the base UI so you don't need to do the copy/paste stuff.

Good. Glad they broke it or are trying to. Cancerous to the stability of servers (Ion explained what the yoyoing of people did) and the leechers are bad.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Yeah, because killing the addon will fix leeching. The logic is irrefutable!

I don't think you understand how big of a deal "a few extra clicks" is, OP, when you're doing 100+ world quests per week. Now instead of clicking twice, essentially you are clicking 5+ times since you have to manually sign up for EVERY group. This "solution" doesn't solve anything. Sure, it's slightly faster than manually typing out the quest name, but the number of clicks required just to sign up for ONE group + the extra clicks you'll need to sign up for additional groups (because it's extremely likely you won't even get into the first group you sign up for) really does add up to a lot of extra time and frustration.

The bottom line is that world quests are NOT FUN content. They are a chore and people do them because they are rewarding and one of the largest sources of weekly AP through not only AP tokens but Order Hall Resources as well.

The addon was made to automate the process and infinitely make it quicker and LESS of a chore. Now that its primary function no longer works, its usefulness has been severely diminished and world quests are back to being a chore once again.

There are several problems here. 1. Blizzard's idea of #content is a chore and a bore and they still haven't learned after all these years that people don't like an infinite daily grind, and 2. Instead of working on fixing their tech and how it interacts with their servers, they just completely disable any addon that doesn't play nice with it.

One of the nice things about WoW is that it allows addons. A lot of mmo's don't. If we continue down this path that we've gone in Legion (With Blizzard disabling every single helpful addon such as location markers and now WQGF) I wouldn't be surprised to see the day when Blizzard's almighty, never-wrong, completely self-righteous dev team disables all addons ever because they only want you to play their game the way THEY want you to play it. Screw personalization. Screw quality of life. Everything Blizzard does lately is to cause you to spend more time in their game so you stay subbed longer. It doesn't matter to them if the experience is more frustrating or less fun. As long as you're there, and as long as they are getting your 15 dollars a month, they really don't give a damn how fun, engaging or exciting their content is.

This comment is so stupid i just lost IQ points... It's like saying "Why use a bike, you already have legs?".

Honestly i cant even...
    Yeah, that is my problem with this. The standard UI for making groups is fucking trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    THE PROBLEM IS THAT SOMEONE HAS TO MANUALLY CREATE THAT GROUP!!!! Type in the name, chose "Questing" in dropdown, chose other options, create the group, having to open the group finder every 5 seconds to invite players, having to manually check if it's just a realmhopper and then removing this guy, and i could keep going.
    So after testing this myself to verify, you clearly have no idea how the Blizzard WQGF works. You're giving input on how bad a feature that you've never used or seen is. Lets dissect it, though.

Type in the name
    It automatically fills out the name.

chose "Questing" in dropdown
    It automatically lists it as a quest.

chose other options
    It automatically has the only option that matters enabled, Auto-Invite.

create the group
    It automatically creates a group.

having to open the group finder every 5 seconds to invite players
    Auto-Invite has been here since WoD. Catch up on the times.

having to manually check if it's just a realmhopper and then removing this guy
    You mean the same issue that WQGF had? Ignore.

All things WQGF did with 1 click and then forget about it.
    It takes 4 clicks now to accomplish the same thing. Woooooow!
    Last edited by Lime; 2017-04-28 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    You mean the same issue that WQGF had?
    No, WQGF could be set to only invite users actually on the WQ. That's one of its major advantages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No, WQGF could be set to only invite users actually on the WQ. That's one of its major advantages.
    Was this enabled by default? I'm curious because I never saw it.

Regardless, that "counter" can be ignored.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So the creator basicly did a F U and broke the addon himself with the last update saying "goodbye"

This morning I was still using the 27/4 version which still semi-worked, todays version however, gg its basicly deleted if you install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    So the creator basicly did a F U and broke the addon himself with the last update saying "goodbye"

This morning I was still using the 27/4 version which still semi-worked, todays version however, gg its basicly deleted if you install it.

No. Blizzard reworked the WoW code to where addons can not access the Premade finder anymore, essentially making WQGF absolutely useless. So the creator can't do anything about it, even if he could bypass the restriction, its obvious Blizzard does not want Addons to do that anymore. So hes done with WQGF.

I posted this elsewhere, but:

I don't know anything about coding but the addon is partially usable as is (and the default option Blizz put in), in that it allows you to click on any WQ (not just the Elite ones) and find a group. Here's my huge issue with it, I don't know if it's just me: I can't CREATE any at all. If there is ONE group up, even though it's a full party of 5 and I can't join, I have no options anywhere (not even blizz UI) to just create a group, without of course going back and filling in all the details manually. A "Create group?" button applied even if groups are present would alleviate of alot of the annoyance I am currently having. For instance:

1 group up with 3 people that isn't auto accepting
    1 group up with 5 people that can't accept more
    1 group up with 5 people that keep accepting more and it converting to raid

The biggest part of WQGF for me was avoiding all of this on it's own. I had already turned off autp accepting anything, and had it pop-up to ask me. If I need to click a few buttons that's fine, as long as my listing still "creates itself" and I don't have to type in a title, just click "Create". If you weren't invited to a group in a reasonable amount of time, I think WQGF just prompted you to make your own group.

I simply can't do any WQ with a group where a lot of people WANT to join. So there are several groups made, all have 4-5 people. Every single time I join, someone else has joined with me, pushing it to 6 people and it automatically converts to a raid and everyone leaves. This is horrible. The default group finder literally destructs itself because it's not smart enough not to convert groups it made for 5 man content into raid groups.