Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Death Knight - no

They removed nearly half of my spells as a frost DK for the sake of "class fantasy" and I feel more like a frosty warrior than a death knight. Death knights are supposed to like, ya know, raise dead, spread diseases, bring utility, etc., kinda like how they WERE ORIGINALLY DESIGNED.

Demon hunter and yes

BaDaTum

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest and yes its a lot more fun than previous expansions imo. The surrender to madness time wasnt all that fun, but now its pretty great. Fast paced and fluid

Shadow Priest: No

Alts I play alot:
    Mage - Yes (all specs)
    Monk - BrM: No, MW: Yes, WW: Yes.
    DK - F: Yes, U: Yes, B: No

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage in general, I miss Altered Time, which I'm sure not everyone would agree with.
    Frost Mage: About the same
    Arcane Mage: Better now
    Fire Mage: Worse

Holy Priest: Better now
    Disc Priest: Worse - I really liked how Atonement healing was weaved in to some fights but not the complete focus of the spec
    Shadow: Better now

The only class I played EVERY xpack is hunter (was rarely my main but was always there) and this time around it took make months to get it to 110 cuz everytime I logged on it I felt like puking everywhere and ended up logging off.

My DK is a lot more fun than in MoP and WoD, it will never be as cool as blood DPS in wrath but oh well, gotta move on at some point.

Unholy DK, and no.

I think every one would have the same response, classes are definitely no where near as fun as they once were.

I'm a warlock so no, mists was the most fun I have ever had in an mmo, possibly any game...

Destruction's burning embers lighting your body ablaze, and being able to farm them with rain of fire, made you feel immensely powerful! Being able to move while casting Incinerate, while I understand might have been a little op, gave the class the much needed mobility we have always, and still lack. Soul shards just don't work for destruction in the least, they never will, and I just don't understand why bringing back burning embers would be so god damn hard.

Demonology Being able to turn in to a demon and passively summoning imps, while devouring everything in sight in Chaos wave/ immolation aura was orgasmic! Also just being able to always have demon wings, I will always miss.

As for Affliction, I didn't play much of it in mop since the other two specs were so fun, and you know only two saved specs to switch between. However I actually like the new way it plays, life tap is still a pain though.
    Last edited by Silent One; 2017-04-28 at 06:44 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple class player here so will discuss a couple. Main DK.

Warlock (Destruction) - I said this in a previous thread that I don't think I've ever seen a better designed spec ever in the game than MoP Destruction Warlock. Great resources, design, playstyle and fun.

Hunter (Marksmanship) - Loved MoP's iteration. Had great fun with the spec and whilst levelling my hunter now I just don't feel like it actually works. I feels clunky at best.
    Hunter (Survival) - Another great MoP spec. Don't dislike the idea of Legion SV Hunter but don't feel it matches the brilliance of MoP.

Mage - No Rune of Power/Invocation and such. Didn't dislike MoP Mage but Legion is well made for each spec.

Rogue (Combat) - Think the title sums it up. I always enjoyed Combat, and Legion's Roll the Bones RNG fest just leaves a dark cloud on me with the reliance on certain buffs. Hopefully some of the 7.2.5 changes help it.
    Rogue (Assassination) - Decent spec now. Do miss dispatch, made the spec more fun. Would like to see dispatch return (proc) and poison bomb an ability and it could be a great spec.
    Rogue (Subtley) - Heavily dislike short Shadow Dance. Can't remember Sub much honestly.

Paladin (Retribution) - Spin to win a din now. Dislike the mobility compared to things like LAotL and I do miss Hammer of Wrath, but it's okay I guess.

Warrior (Protection) - Lost more and more through the expansions. Was always a solid designed class and really fun. Right now I just don't enjoy it as much as I previously did.
    Warrior (Arms) - Focused Rage makes me sad. Functions, but I did like Arms in MoP.
    Warrior (Fury) - Don't remember MoP much but Fury in Legion is well designed. Happy with the spec.

Death Knight (Frost) - Plays well and works fine, but I don't find the spec perfect. I prefer the option of choice between ST and DW and miss that option.
    Death Knight (Unholy) - I do like the idea of Legion Unholy, but the RNG of wounds is frustrating and the resources are annoying to juggle. Legion has potential.
    Death Knight (Blood) - A case of what were they thinking. I loved Blood in MoP and it was decent in WoD, but I cannot love Blood in Legion. I miss the resource management, design, playstyle and talent/glyph choices. I play it from the need to tank in Legion but, compared to MoP, it's a shadow of the spec I fell in love with.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Funny how so many people here go 'MoP Locks and Mages were the best' without realizing that you liked it so much because you were ridiculously overpowered from start to finish. In the same way I as a DK main 'liked' WotlK DKs -- not because class was good but because it was steamrolling.

Objectively speaking all 3 DK specs feel like they have more defined design and 'roles' now, with blood in my opinion being the best it's ever been. The only things I want back is death coil minion healing, and 2h frost. Dual Wielding just doesn't feel right from a purely visual standpoint.

Every WW player who enjoys Legion WW obviously hasn't played the class in WoD or MoP lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Funny how so many people here go 'MoP Locks and Mages were the best' without realizing that you liked it so much because you were ridiculously overpowered from start to finish. In the same way I as a DK main 'liked' WotlK DKs -- not because class was good but because it was steamrolling.

Objectively speaking all 3 DK specs feel like they have more defined design and 'roles' now, with blood in my opinion being the best it's ever been. The only things I want back is death coil minion healing, and 2h frost. Dual Wielding just doesn't feel right from a purely visual standpoint.
    I still feel like they've only taken away all the baseline iconic DK aspects from Frost and replaced them with... absolutely nothing. Think about it. What's new exactly for Frost DKs? Frost damage on autohits? Remorseless Winter now dealing damage? The only new things that are kinda fun to use are Glacial Advance and Chillstreak (but the latter is a PvP talent). Comparing these few abilities to the sheer amount of stuff that we've lost makes me wonder what exactly Blizzard was smoking when they redesigned this spec. The thing that upset me the most though was the fact that they were thinking frost mechanics were "solid" when it was actually one of the most boring specs during WoD and MoP. But at least you could switch between DW and 2H which spiced things up a bit.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-04-28 at 07:23 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Blood was better every other expansion.

All the classes I've enjoyed in the past are notably less fun / interesting than in previous expansions. Frankly, MoP's class changes weren't very good either for some.

Rogue - much less enjoyable now.

Druid - love every single spec now, especially balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post

Ignoring your ignorance for a moment, this coming from someone who plays a Death Knight is hilariously ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Ignoring your ignorance for a moment, this coming from someone who plays a Death Knight is hilariously ironic.
    Yeah, Frost Dks during WoD were absolutely retarded. They were good in arenas and unstoppable in duels (except for really good WW monks maybe).
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Guardian - Legion. Prefer the reducing the damage I take over spending my rage on a small chance not to take damage.
    Balance - Legion. Was just never a fan of the eclipse system since cata.
    Feral - WoD. Legion kind of made feral a little less fun to play. Savage roar has way to short of a duration and blood talon feels clunky and mandatory.
    Resto - Didn't dip my toes into it till legion, so no prior experience.

Hunter
    Beast Master - Legion
    Marksmen WoD (Was never a big fan of this specc to begin with though)
    Survival - Tough one. Since I really like Melee survival, but I would drop marksmen in a heartbeat for old survival.

Warlock.
    Affliction - So, I kind of feel like I prefer Legions affliction. Like the new unstable affliction and wasn't a fan of the colossus smash like window of old haunt, but I do feel like something is missing. Not sure what.
    Destruction - Don't truly have an opinion. Never truly found the spec fun.
    Demology - MoP. <3333. R.I.P sweet prince..

I've been highly against prunning from the start (WoD), so I have to say none of the class/spec combos feel better now.
    All are just shades of their former selves.
    (I am not refering to Demon Hunters, due to obvious reasons, just have to say b4 someone mentions it....)

BM/WW monk is still tolerable, but still...

Ele shaman main from mid-late TBC to mid-WoD.

The spec went to dogshit in WoD compared to MoP. Kinda easy since Ele in MoP was the pinnacle of the spec in terms of toolkit and viability (the WotLK glory days were simply from Lava Burst smashing the shit out of people compared to any time afterwards).

Same can be said regarding alts I played a lot in MoP and prior, namely dps warrior and affliction/destruction warlock. Was never a fan of gladiator warrior for the time I played WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Yeah, Frost Dks during WoD were absolutely retarded. They were good in arenas and unstoppable in duels (except for really good WW monks maybe).
    Not to mention when they were first released or how even after all this time they've been a solid class where as Warlocks and Mages have had numerous ups and downs (more so the latter than the former). The reason people actually liked them back then is because they were substantially better in terms of mechanics and Warlocks in particular actually had fun spells that made the class enjoyable to play outside of endlessly killing enemies with the same two abilities as we do now.