Thread: Black Claws

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Black Claws

After i got the new golden trait , i feel that i am so much more not in control of my character. There are times when my pet burst 3 wounds in a row and this makes me use a lot more FS instead of CS ( for which i have stacked 88% mastery ). I am not sure if having this talent is a dps gain since i have to reapply wounds instead of using more CS. I play with EF and Necrosis , but now i think i have to change to BS and IC and i hate it. One other option would be to reset the talents and get black claws at the very last point . Opinions?

Deleted
    Ofc the talent is a dps gain, if it wasnt you wouldnt be using FS to begin with. In fact its around 2-3% dps and slightly more for AoE.
    Alot of people have been complain about the gameplay, though. I personally like it (mostly because I prefer BS/IC anyways), but I can see why people dont like this trait.

One of the reasons i play UH over Frost is because i like to manage dots. Even tho there is just one dot as UH , keeping it up all the time when using EF can show really good results after reaching over 70% mastery. But without the EF talent , the dot duration is so long it almost has no managing. This makes me feel in control , on the other side , the other spec is RNG based , and we all know that UH has already too much of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 wounds one more fss for apoc, 3... 2... 1... come on timmy!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    4 wounds one more fss for apoc, 3... 2... 1... come on timmy!
    So eventually you get two runes, you pop another FE and...get to SIX wounds. Then what almost always happens before you can pop sr + appoc? Of course fucking pet pops a wound so you're on 5 wounds and no runes left...

I think this game play just proves bliz really don't play their own game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Ofc the talent is a dps gain, if it wasnt you wouldnt be using FS to begin with. In fact its around 2-3% dps and slightly more for AoE.
    Alot of people have been complain about the gameplay, though. I personally like it (mostly because I prefer BS/IC anyways), but I can see why people dont like this trait.
    I think people mainly dislike it because, while being a reasonable dps increase, it just adds more rng to an already frustratingly rng opener.

Deleted
    This talent alone justifies it being taken off GCD. Being able to pop this when we deem fit, without it already interfering with our hectic rotation is a must. If it's off GCD no DK worth their salt would blindly macro this spell with others, since appropriately timing when to use this is key to maximising our dps.

Just wondering : I assume you're all taking the Pestilent pustules talent right ? Why don't you take Blighted Runes Weapons ? I never had a problem casting Apoc thank to this. And if Timmy is bothering you that much, why don't you tell him to not attack until you get apoc ? Make a macro or something so that the pet attack after casting apoc.

I second the recommendation to try BRW. Helps tremendously with dark transformation and it being an active ability could give you more sense of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Just wondering : I assume you're all taking the Pestilent pustules talent right ? Why don't you take Blighted Runes Weapons ? I never had a problem casting Apoc thank to this. And if Timmy is bothering you that much, why don't you tell him to not attack until you get apoc ? Make a macro or something so that the pet attack after casting apoc.
    Or just hold the DT for after you use apoc, one more gcd wont hurt your dps that much.

Deleted
    Raiz, Gultar - yeah i really should give brw a go. I'm just being lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Or just hold the DT for after you use apoc, one more gcd wont hurt your dps that much.
    I pop it pre pull to save that gcd. my haste has dropped a lot recently, i need all the gcd's i can get on the pull. I'll see how brw goes, then look to delaying DT.

Thanks for all the replies.

I dont know why everyone hates it, i love it! Our aoe is even more potent than before. I tried brw to fix the apoc issue but i felt rune starved without PP, i just delay DT until i get apoc off OR apoc at 7+ wounds like we used to. If you have the 4pc, you can throw a deathcoil or two in there if your festering strikes dont apply enough wounds. The abom popping wounds is great when i have bad rng popping wounds for SR without apoc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcaard View Post
    I dont know why everyone hates it, i love it! Our aoe is even more potent than before. I tried brw to fix the apoc issue but i felt rune starved without PP, i just delay DT until i get apoc off OR apoc at 7+ wounds like we used to. If you have the 4pc, you can throw a deathcoil or two in there if your festering strikes dont apply enough wounds. The abom popping wounds is great when i have bad rng popping wounds for SR without apoc.
    dont get me wrong, i like the perk specially in aoe, its just those moments when you want to apoc and lose 2-3wounds because of it or accidently summon 5 is the annoying part, that ofc mostly just happens on pull
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

This is the new rotation on pull : Army at 7s , Prepot and Gargoyle at 1s , VP , 2x FS , SR and Apocalypse , and after this use DT with BRW. Basicly every time when we will use DT we must also use BRW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldro View Post
    This is the new rotation on pull : Army at 7s , Prepot and Gargoyle at 1s , VP , 2x FS , SR and Apocalypse , and after this use DT with BRW. Basicly every time when we will use DT we must also use BRW.
    This is not strictly true. In fact BRW, since its off GCD should be cast on pull, there is no guarantee to get 6 wounds if FS gives you only 2 wounds per cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    This is not strictly true. In fact BRW, since its off GCD should be cast on pull, there is no guarantee to get 6 wounds if FS gives you only 2 wounds per cast.
    Indeed, just use it whenever you really need the wounds for apoc. After that, just use them on CD or when you know you'll be casting another apoc soon. It's off the GCD, abuse it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    im pretty sure u can precast brw 10sec-15sec~ to have its cooldown lowered, since the buff itself lasts 30seconds

Deleted
    You mean shift when it comes off CD, I didn't consider that. With good FS rng, you may only need to cast one FS before SR and Apoc.

havn't played unholy this xpac yet becasue most of the time I prefer frost gameplay, but I have to say I really dislike dragonbreath specc... Just reading this discussion makes me want to go unholy over frost T_T

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Just macro BRW to Dark Transformation for an easy life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Just macro BRW to Dark Transformation for an easy life.
    Basically we just use BRW as a bandaid then?