Thread: [Music] Metal

New Shadow of Intent is decent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    This album just got out. Last one was 2008 so it's been a while. Melodic Black metal.

Still listening so I don't know the best tracks so far but I'm liking what I hear.

Okay! Deff one of my favourite albums so far from this year. Amazing album. Pleasant surprise after so many years!
    I found this album quite okay. It had some really good moments. Thanks for linking it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I found this album quite okay. It had some really good moments. Thanks for linking it!
    You'll probably enjoy their older album more. I really liked it, it has plenty of sick melodies for me to enjoy personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mybackhurts View Post
    New Shadow of Intent is decent

Yeah, I listened to it. Not as sick as Primordial (That album was just amazing) but I really loved their instrumental track. It's The Great Schism at 41:22. I absolutely dislike deathcore, but this band is something different. So many awesome melodies. I just don't like when the very obvious deathcore elements come in (Like breakdowns, I mean, why do people enjoy these so?). The vocalist is sick as hell though, so many variations, from typical deathcore vocals, to melodic death and even his black metal vocal style is on point. Truly amazing.

New Nuomena is out.

And Carrion Vael (Not all tracks are on youtube, if you like this, listen to Resurrection of the Doomed on Spotify, best track imo!).

Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2017-04-28 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Come on, now you're just trolling.
    Eh, if I wanted to do that I'd post Linkin Park.

letlive. have broken up. Outside of metal but there is no post hardcore / soul punk thread.
    Fucking gutted. My favorite band gone.

- - - Updated - - -

In happier news, While She Sleeps have just charted at number 8 in the UK on a self released album. Nuts.

Plenty of bangers on that record - Steal the Sun my pick of the lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Those guys don't slow down. Can't say that I'm a huge fan but I'm still interested.
    Not a fan of 30sec previews either, tbh...

Deleted
    new Cold Insight track released. One man band. The same dude who's also in Fractal Gates and Enshine. Atmospheric melodic death with a bit of doom. Good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

Moonsorrow meets Immortal meets Manilla Road meets Mercyful Fate.

Havukruunu's new album just came out and it's apparently incredible. I'll jam it later when I finish going through the Motorhead albums I haven't heard.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, now that I'm pretty much done listening to it.

It's got some great ideas. There's awesome riffs and all that...

Just the one thing that bugs me - feels like they want to do all the things. Damn thing is all over the place.

Newest Full of Hell is brilliant. Just brilliant.

Probably their most complete album to date.

Deleted

Linked this before (One of my favourite releases from last year) but I finally got around to buy this CD/shirt package. Something that I've been wanting to do for a while now.
    https://hyperionblacklion.bandcamp.c...hirt-cd-bundle

Will make a nice addition to my ever expanding collection.

Also went ahead and finally bought this package too.

http://oracles.bigcartel.com/product...igipack-bundle

Been a while since I treated myself with some new merch. I need more moneys

Holy flipping balls. Vendul's Black Magic Black Night is sensational! What a recording!

Edit: This dude is like playing a goddamn melotron over the sickest wraith-lord vocals and scratched maxell-tape guitars. Glorious. Fuck yes.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-05-07 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Ruins of Beverast might be the best in the whole discography. It's a combination of all his albums, with the pure evil of Rain Upon the Impure being the dominant driving force, with a little bit of the ritualistic side of Foulest Semen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I've listened to it about 5 times now and I think it's his best. I would've liked to hear some more black metal on it but the atmosphere and doom have definitely reached a new level of quality. The only thing I can fault it for is being a bit too eclectic, actually. Bag pipes, synths, female clean vocals, samples, opera singing, it's all a bit much and makes the album less cohesive. The songs are still pretty strong individually though.
    I think all that extra flair is kinda like the cherry on top. Gives it an extra dimension, and it even works well with the ritualistic atmospheric theme of the album.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished my first spin and I'm much more impressed than I thought I would be after the initial preview. Will reserve my judgement until after a few more spins, but so far it's looking promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT!

IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT! IT'S OUT!

8 YEARS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Eagerly awaiting the new Limbonic Art, though I thought Phantasmagoria a bit disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

8 YEARS.
    Not on Spotify yet, but just because it is Nokturnal Mortum, I'll listen from YouTube.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster
    Moonsorrow meets Immortal meets Manilla Road meets Mercyful Fate.
    Personally really digging this album, even though it is a little allover the place. Some of the songs are incredible. There's even a touch of Dissection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is nothing new but linking it here anyway. Fates Warning had two special 30 year anniversary shows with the original lineup, ie John Arch on vocals and them playing tracks from their first three albums. The result is amazing. John Arch still sounds phenomenal (to imagine Dream Theater turned him down in favor of LaBrie). This is one amazing album if you are a fan of the old days of Fates Warning.

Awaken the Guardian is one of my all time favorite albums, it is just spectacular.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2017-05-12 at 06:29 AM.

Deleted
    Now this is atmospheric black metal that I absolutely love!

Skip the first track if you want to really know what it's about, it's somewhat of a lengthy intro, go to 13:22.

Haven't finished listening yet but this stuff is too fucking awesome. Also check out this channel, he uploads a lot of great black metal bands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Below - Upon a Pale Horse releasing coming Friday.

If you are into traditional doom metal (Candlemass) you should check it out. I am really digging the few songs I have heard. This looks to be shaping up as one of my favorite releases of this year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Now this is atmospheric black metal that I absolutely love!
    Listened to this album but couldn't really get into it.