Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So you think what he did is acceptable? Why didn't he go to a shelter?
    lmao... have you ever tried looking for a shelter that accepts men?

10+ Year Old Account
    The suspect alleges that the domestic violence lasted a decade. Why didn't he leave?
    You really need to educate yourself on domestic violence cases where men are the victims, there are so few resources for them, yet countless ones for women. There are videos online of staged domestic violence acts where men and women abuse one another in the street, and while people come to the defense of women, almost nobody comes to the defense of men.

https://youtu.be/SzfLVyNHJgQ

And just as a for instance, if the case here was reversed, where it's the man who was abusing his wife for years, and she killed him in self defense, would you be so quick to make an angry post calling her a monster, or would you cheer her on for killing her abuser?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-04-28 at 04:59 PM.
    #boycottchina

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada...n-self-defence

Can you believe this? Basically trying to make a mockery out of the justice system!
    Let's hope the judiciary doesn't stand for this.
    Women physically abuse men all the time. While it might have been self defense, burying her body in the house instead of calling the police was a poor choice.

I have no trouble believing that he's been the victim of abuse, but he kind of screwed himself by hiding the body...
    Hoping there will be some evidence, if he's the victim and really did act in self-defense, he shouldn't go away for murder...

The suspect alleges that the domestic violence lasted a decade. Why didn't he leave?
    Why don't women leave their abusive husbands/boyfriends?

You saying it's somehow easier as a man? On what grounds? Abuse is often EXTREMELY psychological as well. The abusive part will often make damned sure to isolate the victim socially and mentally. I know one case where a woman found out what triggered her boyfriends panic attacks, and held him hostage through that. Anyone having experienced a panic attack, would know just how cruel she was.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-28 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are other contributing factors, domestic abuse victims often suffer from Stockholm syndrome, preventing physiology from detaching themselves from their abuser.
    #boycottchina

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I have the feeling, that this would be a non issue if the roles were reversed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    LoL you nonchalantly refer to the internet like it is some microculture, or subculture, and not like everyone you know and people you don't use and are part, in some way, of the "internet" community.

Lets start with some facts.

Internet users equal close to 3.6 Billion and rising every second.
    http://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users/

Of that Twitter as your example (which I only use to harass WoW Developers and Ghostcrawler) is ranked 10th in social media outlets, with a monthly user base of 318 million. 4% of the world population. Small community indeed. In comparison the population of the United States is 321 million
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...mber-of-users/
    As we know Twitter isn't the only place people visit, and if paradigm shift has been noticed by this small little community of MMO-C, its a safe bet it has permeated other areas of the internet.

This isn't a new concept. The only thing that is laughable is that you think this is somehow the brainchild of my own making. Here is a poll from 2 years ago that shows the growing trend.
    http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womeninth...ts-poll-shows/
    18% of Americans view themselves as feminist.
    85% of Americans believe in "equality for women".

If people believed the two were the same, they would answer those questions the same.

Your anecdotal, "I know lots of self proclaimed feminists," doesn't account for a growing trend in the millions. As I have pointed out... MMO-C (a relatively small niche of the internet) has already caught wind of such changing definitions. I'm sorry if this is news to you... but I didn't just pull it out of my ass.
    1) the total amount of twitter users doesn't really mean anything when you need to consider that twitter is what you make of it. Twitter has its own communities and people with different interests talking about different topics that have nothing to do with social justice or politics in general so you would need the data on the amount of users discussing the subject as well as the amount of people in disagreement.

2) As for the poll I'm not going to nitpick because we both know how that goes with either side showing polling. All I'll say is okay fine, a lot of people don't label themselves feminists yet they still stand for the basic principle. A principle in which a lot of people... even here... still disagree with since some people think women are already on the same level as men or even above them with greater privileges and in some cases they are as far as custody disputes go and sexual assault cases.

So okay ditch the feminist label that's been "tainted" by all the nutters. Where does that leave the regular people that don't subscribe to modern feminism and are still lambasted for pushing "equality for women"? Does it also not work the other way around where even the anti-feminist people can't differentiate between the two?

If he was abused for a decade, it's unlikely no one noticed something was up, so this should be provable. In which case yes, he'll get those circumstances on his side. There should be no difference between genders there, even if there is, currently.

However, it'll still need to be proven that this wasn't premeditated. And that he couldn't just have left without dangerous repercussions.

Even if that's all true, and it turns out his life was legit in danger, and the murder wasn't planned, in self-defence. Then he'll still have to go to jail for covering up her murder however.

If he was actually defending himself then he did the right thing. If he had called the police they would have ended up arresting him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If this is a jury trial he's fucked. Nobody believes that women can abuse people. Despite emotional imbalance.
    Yes, people DO believe that women abuse people. That's not why you're right. You're right that he's fucked in a jury trial because he buried his wife in their house afterwards. That typically doesn't point to innocent or accidental behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think you kinda lose the ability to use "self-defense" as a defense if you proceed to hide the body afterwards : P
    ^ Pretty much this. You can't feign self-defense if you have a premeditated exit plan.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yes, people DO believe that women abuse people. That's not why you're right. You're right that he's fucked in a jury trial because he buried his wife in their house afterwards. That typically doesn't point to innocent or accidental behavior.
    It could be explained away readily though. A man like this who lives in fear of an abusive woman and potentially all women would absolutely try to hide the body for fear of getting treated unfairly. Also with the advent of crime shows these days it's not completely out of the ballpark for him to fear going through any of that knowing nobody would believe it was self defense anyway.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

lol this sounds funny for some reason

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    How exactly do you strangle someone in self defense?
    I'm sure there's an explanation beyond the boundaries of "he lost it". This isn't the case, although if he was like let's say abused for a decade then he would have somehow wanted to do it at a subconscious level.

Take into consideration that (unless you are a serial killer) you have no way of knowing how you'd react. He hid the body prolly because it was the best thing his brain could process during the shock state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP starts the thread by making assumptions. Sure the wife is now dead, but I have no context to judge the husband on. All I know is he confessed to the actual act of killing his wife.
    It can be that the OP has mental issues as well? If not mental issues, a serious case of "I judge people based on whatever I heard" issue... stay tuned.
    Last edited by mmoc3b4b68ecda; 2017-04-29 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    How exactly do you strangle someone in self defense?
    rage, lots of rage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    ^ Pretty much this. You can't feign self-defense if you have a premeditated exit plan.
    How do you know it was premeditated and not something caused by the shock?

So you think what he did is acceptable? Why didn't he go to a shelter?
    If the genders were reversed and someone posted this, you would be screaming "victim blaming!"

That being said, his story smells like bullshit.

male's really have no support when it comes to domestic abuse, currently a coworker is a situation where he showed up to work with bruised lips, he cant do anything becasue she is much smaller then he is and if he touched her even to self defense and she gets hurt he will go to jail, he cant divorce because he doesnt want to lose his children, and if she files domestic abuse against him the court will take her word over his anyway and he will lose his job.

The hiding it was the bad part here.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty.

Do you not have that in Canada?
    We do. I'm sorry that Tennisace is what people associate with Canada on these forums. We do have rational people in this country who do things other than post on this forum all day, every day.