Yeah OI in particular really grew on my as it was one of my first few legendaries. I swap to IFE/OI for ST fights and IFE/LATC for AoE and both perform really well. When I'm with groups with not so great healers I'll sometimes use prydaz because it gives a pretty nice buffer.

Edit: Oops, meant to quote @Polarthief :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Yeah OI in particular really grew on my as it was one of my first few legendaries. I swap to IFE/OI for ST fights and IFE/LATC for AoE and both perform really well. When I'm with groups with not so great healers I'll sometimes use prydaz because it gives a pretty nice buffer.
    I have been really trying to force the shoulders with shards but no luck. I can't stand the ED playstyle since the nerf and with how wonky it feels when using Metronome/Whispers I tend to go OI and Prydaz and swap out prydaz for IFE if I have a fight that can churn me out one more CD with Incarnation. Most of our fights are really short now so IFE isn't seeing much use.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    "It doesn't, but it does if you're close enough to the effect" what? Regardless, it splits damage, Crit will only be "buffed" for (a portion of your) ST, once you have the 2P, and I don't think it'll be buffed beyond Mastery/Haste levels.
    "It doesn't hit me whenever I use it from range, it might do damage to you if you stand litterally in the boss asshole, I haven't checked"
    Sorry if that was unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I have been really trying to force the shoulders with shards but no luck. I can't stand the ED playstyle since the nerf and with how wonky it feels when using Metronome/Whispers I tend to go OI and Prydaz and swap out prydaz for IFE if I have a fight that can churn me out one more CD with Incarnation. Most of our fights are really short now so IFE isn't seeing much use.
    Just keep trying buddy, it'll happen eventually It's pretty rough when you have to rely on shard tokens though. It took 8 legendaries to get the one I really wanted (IFE) but I did eventually get all of them. Was finally able to start switching to resto loot spec try try for resto gear and by some freaky streak of luck got the healing trinket as my #9. Fights are getting pretty short though but even just one more CD is usually pretty worthwhile. Most of them are pretty good these days though so it's not as much of a big deal to switch them around which is definitely nice. Should have been more like this from the beginning really but better late than never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iunno, as someone with every boomkin legendary minus the trinket I don't really like using ED. It may perform the best on ST but unless your group is okay with you just totally ignoring mechanics any kind of movement totally wrecks the rotation. IFE with either the shoulders/wrist or even prydaz just feels much better to use. OI feels really nice to use while getting lots of procs and prydaz is always great, especially as a boomkin because of how squishy we are.

I was much more keen on getting ED before I actually got it. Once I did I realized that the others really aren't so terrible.
    Same for me. I am glad I am not alone in this.
    I still lack IFE and Latc, but I feel it's just a matter of time : my last legendaries were belt, boots and chest...

Just keep trying buddy, it'll happen eventually It's pretty rough when you have to rely on shard tokens though. It took 8 legendaries to get the one I really wanted (IFE) but I did eventually get all of them. Was finally able to start switching to resto loot spec try try for resto gear and by some freaky streak of luck got the healing trinket as my #9. Fights are getting pretty short though but even just one more CD is usually pretty worthwhile. Most of them are pretty good these days though so it's not as much of a big deal to switch them around which is definitely nice. Should have been more like this from the beginning really but better late than never.
    Yeah I've just been unlucky with legos period, I got some of the key ones like IFE/OI so I haven't complained much, but I'd really love to try out the shoulders for M+ and just speedier content in general.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Same for me. I am glad I am not alone in this.
    I still lack IFE and Latc, but I feel it's just a matter of time : my last legendaries were belt, boots and chest...
    For sure, legendaries are much easier to get these days. Just do your weekly NH clears and emissaries and you'll have them in no time. I think I was averaging one every couple of weeks or so. Good thing about those others is that they're really useful for the other specs until you can afford to try for their respective spec specific legendaries. The chest/belt in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I've just been unlucky with legos period, I got some of the key ones like IFE/OI so I haven't complained much, but I'd really love to try out the shoulders for M+ and just speedier content in general.
    I'd like to say I know the feeling but obviously I really can't anymore having 9 but I had a lot of the worst before the buffs so yeah. The shoulders are very, very nice but not so great that I would feel lost without them but IFE really is a game changer when you're talking about raid content. Legendaries were implemented pretty poorly to begin with bug you've gotta give them props for what they've done with them since then. There's not many truly terrible legendaries anymore.

For sure, legendaries are much easier to get these days. Just do your weekly NH clears and emissaries and you'll have them in no time. I think I was averaging one every couple of weeks or so. Good thing about those others is that they're really useful for the other specs until you can afford to try for their respective spec specific legendaries. The chest/belt in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to say I know the feeling but obviously I really can't anymore having 9 but I had a lot of the worst before the buffs so yeah. The shoulders are very, very nice but not so great that I would feel lost without them but IFE really is a game changer when you're talking about raid content. Legendaries were implemented pretty poorly to begin with bug you've gotta give them props for what they've done with them since then. There's not many truly terrible legendaries anymore.
    Heh I wish I could say just do NH clears and emissaries and bam you are Legendaried out.I am fairly sure I'm an outlier with just poor luck since I have 6 at the moment. Since emissary quests have been a thing I've maybe missed 10 total emissaries I'd say out of the what 200 or so if it is one per day and expansion been out 7-8 months now. I clear NH on normal/heroic every week and do the highest M+ required for the weekly box (usually taking 2-3 runs a week to get the keystone to 10 at this point). I don't really want to do LFR nor join pugs to do EN farm clears but I know those could up my chances. I'm exalted with the new rep already so I was grinding out plenty of supplies to turn in for more chances and using shards to craft items. TL;DR RNG sucks sometimes.

I know IFE is really good but it shaves off like what, 60 seconds off of the 3 min CD? Sometimes I don't even get to use 3 in a fight and on fights like those the ring has no impact so I'd like to have better options to use with OI at that point. I totally get how strong the ring is during longer fights, progression and mythic raiding, however. I don't mind the lego system too much but I'll be happy when it switches to something else next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    "It doesn't hit me whenever I use it from range, it might do damage to you if you stand litterally in the boss asshole, I haven't checked"
    Sorry if that was unclear.
    I think they just messed up the tooltip, since it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. "split between your target and all nearby enemies." would be a lot more sensible. After all, why would it hurt you when it isn't anywhere close to you.

Heh I wish I could say just do NH clears and emissaries and bam you are Legendaried out.I am fairly sure I'm an outlier with just poor luck since I have 6 at the moment. Since emissary quests have been a thing I've maybe missed 10 total emissaries I'd say out of the what 200 or so if it is one per day and expansion been out 7-8 months now. I clear NH on normal/heroic every week and do the highest M+ required for the weekly box (usually taking 2-3 runs a week to get the keystone to 10 at this point). I don't really want to do LFR nor join pugs to do EN farm clears but I know those could up my chances. I'm exalted with the new rep already so I was grinding out plenty of supplies to turn in for more chances and using shards to craft items. TL;DR RNG sucks sometimes.

I know IFE is really good but it shaves off like what, 60 seconds off of the 3 min CD? Sometimes I don't even get to use 3 in a fight and on fights like those the ring has no impact so I'd like to have better options to use with OI at that point. I totally get how strong the ring is during longer fights, progression and mythic raiding, however. I don't mind the lego system too much but I'll be happy when it switches to something else next expansion.
    Yeah clearing NH is just a starting point really. Before I had the ones I wanted I was clearing NH N/H, EN, every emissary a dozen or so M+ every week, daily heroic every day, world bosses and anything else in between raids I could manage to do to farm BLP. It's a constant grind if you really want decent chances at getting them but once you do you can really relax and not worry so much about them. But yeah, RNG does suck and seems like it's all stacked against you sometimes

Well besides the effect the ring has really great stats as well. I'm not sure about most boomkins but I was personally having issues maintaining a decent amount of haste because of the shitty itemization in NH for us and despite clearing NH every week since release I've still yet to get a damn metronome. I've also not gotten hardly any titanforge procs over 900 that are usable for my MS and I was using EN relics up until recently because they literally just weren't dropping for me. Even then I'm still using 885 relics with mediocre effects.

So, I have a question, and keep in mind I don't have ED or OI.

Are Promise of Elune a viable ST option? They seem more ST focused than OI, LatC, and I really dislike Cinidaria bc the first 10% is usually the fastest 10% bc of trinket procs, pre-potting, CDs, and fights that use hero right away.

I currently use Promise and IFE on my ST fights. Plus having that heal is nice. Just wanted a second opinion.

Cinidaria is pretty much worthless outside of Odyn and Tichondrius-padding. Promise is perfectly viable and provides a useful oh-crap button as well.

Don't underestimate Prydaz, either. Might not be the best damage wise, but on high-level content the shield can save your life several times over. Dead DPS still do 0 damage.
    It's also great for Bursting, since you can't just keep nuking anyway.

Shittidaria, as the nickname I gave it implies, is shit. IT'S SHIT! IT'S RAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!! *clears throat*

PoE isn't too bad, but the damage output it gives is very lower compared to a few others.

Prydaz is amazing if you're not too concerned about DPS (at worst, it's a very nice overbudgeted stat stick with both of our best stats!), and I'm considering switching back to Balance so I ensure getting it as it's now my last legendary for the spec (unless someone ensured me Luffa Wrappings or the tank trinket was my next legendary lol). People need to consider legendaries as more than "doing more DPS", which Prydaz and PoE aren't about.

Shittidaria though, no there's literally 0 redeeming qualities about that pile of garbage. It's the only legendary I have out of 10 (1 is resto) that I'm like "I will NEVER use this in any circumstance", unless a boss comes out and it only stays above 90% HP at all times for some insane reason. I could see me using Ekowraith sooner than Shittidaria.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-30 at 07:42 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I lack legendaries for tanking so Cindaria is one of em - I actually enjoy its healthreturn on chainpulling lowlvl crap/wq'ing (ofc I would prefer luffa but it's still noticable over a normal epic).

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    I lack legendaries for tanking so Cindaria is one of em - I actually enjoy its healthreturn on chainpulling lowlvl crap/wq'ing (ofc I would prefer luffa but it's still noticable over a normal epic).
    Well yeah as a Bear it's not bad for dungeons. Still better choices from Balance though (like LATC and KJBW), but it's not horrible... for Guardian. Just shit tier for Balance.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    PoE isn't too bad, but the damage output it gives is very low compared to a few others.
    Not sure what numbers your looking at, but every sim I see (including my own character) PoE are 3rd for single target about 2% behind IFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Not sure what numbers your looking at, but every sim I see (including my own character) PoE are 3rd for single target about 2% behind IFE.
    "A few others", like ED, IFE, and OI. Sims also aren't perfect and cannot sim things correctly (like OI, especially).

"Very low" might have been a slight exaggeration, but there's still better options regardless. Also keep in mind that as soon as you start introducing more targets that randomly spawn or whatever, PoE starts to go down. Pre-Mythic Trilliax is the only true pure single target fight in all of Nighthold for the record (Mythic you have 2-target for a decent period). Even Krosus being a huge DPS check still has adds that you can cleave down, which also drops PoE a bit. Idk about the fights in Tomb, but if they're anything like NH, most fights will at least have an add or two or even a pack occasionally, all of which drops PoE's damage value, if even slightly. It's still worse than ED/IFE/OI, and in decent/frequent cleave or the occasional adds cases, worse than LATC, too.

That said, you're trading some damage for an emergency heal and a slightly better-than-bracer slotted piece (on top of behind Haste > Mastery which definitely helps). IFE also doesn't have Intellect on it either. Though when you consider just the stat value of legendaries, you also have to consider what you currently have equipped. For example, I have a 925 boot, so PoE definitely loses value over say my 905 non-OI bracer, my 905 tier shoulder, or my 905/910 rings. Still though, always worth a consideration (especially when deciding if Ekowraith, Prydaz, or unproccable Sephuz are worth it since all 3 are just heavily reliant on their base stats to pick up their DPS-lacking skills).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-30 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    I would consider using LATC all the time over PoE if our tier shoulders weren't so godly and gloves so atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Fuck me in the ass with rough 2x4... they're gonna give us more legendaries in 7.2.5? And I'm still missing ED... it will be nice to get all those shitty new ones before I get the most essential piece of gear in this whole damn expansion...
    Farming like i have never done in all my years in wow and still only have Seph, Impecc and Eko as legendary's.. . oh blizzard
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCitra View Post
    Farming like i have never done in all my years in wow and still only have Seph, Impecc and Eko as legendary's.. . oh blizzard
    Then you have done 0 farming ever before this. That or you started this month.