Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is no "one of the best".

There is only 2 viable traits for relic stacking.

They're nerfing one so there will only be 1.

All it does is shift the face palm vs hot blooded debate into you always want face palm.

I could deal with it if they nerfed facepalm and buffed a number of the rest of our traits, but they're all in general so damn worthless it's actually providing FEWER options then before.
    But they did nerf tiger palm trait. At least they said it before. Not sure if they implemented it already on ptr or not.

Edit: Can't find it in ptr calculator, but I'm pretty sure there was a talk about it before. Or may be they will nerf 4p set and decide not to touch tiger palm at all.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-04-27 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    But they did nerf tiger palm trait. At least they said it before. Not sure if they implemented it already on ptr or not.

Edit: Can't find it in ptr calculator, but I'm pretty sure there was a talk about it before. Or may be they will nerf 4p set and decide not to touch tiger palm at all.
    i havent seen anything up to this poinbt about nerfing facepalm. also, people tend to run them for damage - the brew generation is a nice added bonus.

and if t20 goes out as it is they will have to nerf t19 (because people will want to keep it forever)

Deleted
    perfect time to ask my question then:

905 BoS relic (+3% crit) or 890 face palm?

Does the FP relic (at -15 ilvls) outweigh the BoS one from a DPS perspective?

Face Palm -> than any other trait at any ILVL.

Weapon item level basically doesn't matter for DPS. Each BoS relic adds 3% crit to BoS, for what is around a 2% DPS increase to BoS. Each Face Palm relic adds a 10% chance for TP to basically do a super crit (which can itself then crit). It's overall about an 11% DPS increase to TP. The boosts each relic provides is not in the same neighborhood. Face Palm is far, far superior.

Hot Blooded and Dragonfire Brew - Baseline, Hot Blooded is very strong. 1% DR per bronze trait is already on the extremely strong side. The Legendary chest was created with Hot Blooded in mind as its defensive benefit. But that gets a little out of hand when we added 4th points to Bronzes, and you min/max relics, increasing it to the massively-OP level of 7% DR for a legendary. Then the 7.2.5 changes also add more Elusive Brawler stacks to that. We're going to adjust these two traits in order to better balance trait and legendary values: Dragonfire Brew will also increase the duration of Breath of Fire's DoT by 100%, giving it defensive value. Hot Blooded will now be active the whole time, instead of ~half the time without the Chest, and so is changing to 1% DR per point to compensate.

So, rip chest as the best legendary? Extra elusive brawler stack from the breath dosn't really justify it.

The chest will still be a very strong legendary for dps, as well as raw stats. I still don't see myself equipping something else over it.

Never really thought the 100% uptime on hot blooded even mattered. I pretty much always used the chest just because it's strong as hell for dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it will be a DPS legendary for sure. Using ring/belt/wrist combinations will be "better" defensively. But most likely you won't need 2 of those and go with chest for damage/"utility".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Well it will be a DPS legendary for sure. Using ring/belt/wrist combinations will be "better" defensively. But most likely you won't need 2 of those and go with chest for damage/"utility".
    Don't under sell the head. There are a few fights where having a 2nd shieldwall is really nice.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Don't under sell the head. There are a few fights where having a 2nd shieldwall is really nice.
    I totally agree and head is also a major slot with a lot of stats.

Braces can also pull a lot of dps, especially in m+ with big pulls and special delivery.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-04-28 at 02:29 PM.

I think it'll be kind of nice - the point of the legendary system at this point is that you have a bunch and you can mix and match them depending on the fight. Right now if you have the chest, there's never going to be a time where you unequip it. This change will make things more flexible, where you can use the chest for more dps but switch to more defensive options if you need it. The helm is super good on some fights but not great on others. You can even do some things like wearing the chest for trash in mythic+ and switching to other options for bosses. More options are good.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Defensive boosts from legendaries are pretty much whatever.

The chest has pretty much always been BIS because it's a very large dps increase, not because of a minscule amount of up time on 6-14% DR(if you talent BOC anyways).

If you wanted to wear the best defensive legendaries you shouldn't have been wearing the chest at all to begin with, especially with BOC talented.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-28 at 09:16 PM.

Yeah, I agree, not like pure defensive ones like stagger ring or brews bracers are ones of the best around or anything.

The chest has pretty much always been BIS because it's a very large dps increase, not because of a minscule amount of up time on 6-14% DR(if you talent BOC anyways).

If you wanted to wear the best defensive legendaries you shouldn't have been wearing the chest at all to begin with, especially with BOC talented.
    The purify belt is pretty powerful on every aspect of tough aspect of Nighthold progression and will probably still be next tier. Prydaz is the gift that keeps on giving. Wrists are hard to beat in M+, both offensive and defensively. Archimonde's is pretty incredible for certain fights (and scumbagging).

Do you play brewmaster or just talk about it?

Could I get an armory?

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    The purify belt is pretty powerful on every aspect of tough aspect of Nighthold progression and will probably still be next tier. Prydaz is the gift that keeps on giving. Wrists are hard to beat in M+, both offensive and defensively. Archimonde's is pretty incredible for certain fights (and scumbagging).

Do you play brewmaster or just talk about it?

Could I get an armory?
    I'm not sure you even read my post, or you're still butt hurt that I called you on the WoD challenge mode claims months ago?

I'm not asking for your crap tier advice, you don't need to see my character. You can look at my post history and know full and well I have played a brewmaster since the very start of MoP. If you want to stalk someone you can feel free to go about with whatever random brewmaster you can find on wowprogress I'll pass.

The hilarious part is I actually agree with the majority of your post and it had jack shit to do with what you replied to. The irony when a guy posts a screenshot of his character blacking out his name is asking you for an armory though.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-29 at 02:24 AM.

hey guys,

New brewmaster. I was wondering if popping all 3 ISB and then Ox brew was an actual opener that people use?

what opener do you guys do?

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkzthebonerogue View Post
    hey guys,

New brewmaster. I was wondering if popping all 3 ISB and then Ox brew was an actual opener that people use?

what opener do you guys do?
    yes this is the usual opener (until 7.2.5 caps ISB duration anyway)
    Tho I normally go 4 ISB > Ox since the first cooldown tends to be almost done by the time I pop the 3e charge.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'm actually trying out the fast brewing and limiting myself to like 1-2 duration of ISB. Feels not that bad actually. I don't like non-obvious and clunky limitations like capping ISB, but in reality it's actually even more fun to always keep tracking of your ISB duration, if you ask me.

I'm not sure you even read my post, or you're still butt hurt that I called you on the WoD challenge mode claims months ago?

I'm not asking for your crap tier advice, you don't need to see my character. You can look at my post history and know full and well I have played a brewmaster since the very start of MoP. If you want to stalk someone you can feel free to go about with whatever random brewmaster you can find on wowprogress I'll pass.

The hilarious part is I actually agree with the majority of your post and it had jack shit to do with what you replied to. The irony when a guy posts a screenshot of his character blacking out his name is asking you for an armory though.
    I don't remember you or that, but I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. I want to know what sort of experience you've got with the class/spec, as what you've said so far establishes that you don't know shit and/or you're just trying to stir the pot because you're bored.

The defensive gains of the legendaries are more than 'meh' and that concept should be pretty clear to anyone that has at least a little experience with the spec. The defensive gain of the chest is also pretty great, apart from the dps gain.

Stating in a monk thread that they're less than what they are just because you don't need them for the content you are overgeared for, or carried through, doesn't mean much here in reality.
    Last edited by stross01; 2017-04-29 at 12:00 PM.

FYI, the datamined Brewmaster T20 bonuses are an old draft. New draft is this:

2T20: Drinking a Brew triggers Gift of the Ox.
    4T20: Gift of the Ox orbs also purify 10% of your staggered damage.
    hmm, looks pretty strong on first view imo...