Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    BM hunter. It's definitely better than before but the other 2 specs are something disgusting compared to MoP/WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I'm still upset because of the way they treated Demo just to promote the new DH class (and I don't even play demo). It's just unfuriating.
    basically i give up this spec mid levelling, i cannot stand this demonic bard role where my main job is spam buff for the pets and summon them

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Funny how so many people here go 'MoP Locks and Mages were the best' without realizing that you liked it so much because you were ridiculously overpowered from start to finish. In the same way I as a DK main 'liked' WotlK DKs -- not because class was good but because it was steamrolling.

Objectively speaking all 3 DK specs feel like they have more defined design and 'roles' now, with blood in my opinion being the best it's ever been. The only things I want back is death coil minion healing, and 2h frost. Dual Wielding just doesn't feel right from a purely visual standpoint.
    granted i play only unholy and spamming death coil is really boring only the abo saved it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Warlock
    Aff: better now
    destrio: worse now
    demo: not same spec anymore so w/e (I liked mop demo alot)

I looooooved my prot pally in MoP.... I miss holy power =(
    Resource management was such an important thing and I loved it, knowing when you could safely use EF/WoG, making sure you were banking enough HP to stop AM mechanics like dread slash and radens 1 shot without wasting your HP generators. Always trying to push for better and better uptimes on SotR before it was just "judgement on cd".

Also vengeance cause being the top dps in the raid was hilarious (even if it made no sense)

DK main since Wrath. Love the new changes to frost so that it doesn't just spam Howling Blast forever and ever and ever.

Prot & Ret Paladin. I don't like what they did to Consecration and Judgment in Legion, but it could be worse much worse. I prefer MoP's Prot and WoD's Ret, though.

Holy pally.

I've played holy pally/pally in general since I started in late 08. Honestly, holy pally in MoP was pretty OP. We had a toolkit for Aoe heals and a fairly large one, we had really strong ST heals and we had some really good CDs like wings, GoAK, etc. Our mastery was also a proactive absorb shield which was also fairly OP especially since you could build it up ooc.

However I really enjoy legion Hpally. I'd say it's about tied for me however MoP had a lot more spells and such. We had HoTs, DRs, it was a pretty good time. I like both versions though

Warrior main - began playing seriously in WotLK as prot, learned Fury, didn't touch arms until Cataclysm.

Prot warr was pretty bland in WotLK days, "Can you hold aggro y/n? Do you have enough defense stat y/n? You can tank." The additions of real active mitigation really made the spec *pop*, and frankly I think prot has been in a great spot permanently since then. As my warrior co-tank in early Cata (before AM really became a thing) would say, his line upon pulling the boss and establishing enough of a threat buffer was "OK, AFK masturbating" because there literally just wasn't anything to do class-wise. Gladiator was an exceptionally fun diversion in Warlords, but alas, it too was removed. Prot as a tank is quite enjoyable in Legion. The same can not be said for the other specs.

Fury warrior was weird in WotLK, and I didn't get a great grasp of it until ICC. Once I learned it, it was a fun, fast-paced spec. Then Cataclysm came, and ramped the fun up to 11 with Colossus Smash, real rage management, burst windows and timed trinket activations, it felt goooood. Then in Mists, warriors learned more tricks, actually had things to contribute to the raid besides just damage, had the mobility so solve problems and defeat some mechanics in handy fashion. It was fast, it was powerful when played correctly, it had good high moments and reasonable rest periods. Then with Siege of Orgrimmar and the Galakras' Eye / Thok's Tail trinkets, we went from 11 to 12 in terms of power and fun. It was amazing, everything lined up beautifully, rage flowed and ebbed in a beautiful fashion. And then everything was taken away from us... Warlords stripped my warrior who over 6 years had learned and grew, took away the rage release valve, took our burst windows from every 20 seconds to every 2 minutes, destroyed our rage and enrage management, and gave us a braindead rotation that never changed except for "hit all the CDs" moments every 2-3 minutes. My warrior is not the same character that I played back then.

Arms was a similar situation. Having only picked it up in Firelands in the middle of Cataclysm, it felt like a cousin to Fury, and it was good - Fury had a 4/4 beat, arms had a 3/4 beat, both rotations were like playing the piano with different time signatures. Arms was playing a different, but neeearly as good song as Fury was. Arms received tools and utility the same as Fury in Mists, but became a bit too slow for my taste and so I went back to Fury. In Warlords they made both Fury and Arms have the same beat timing, and the specs no longer felt very different, both felt rather dull, as Arms still had Colossus Smash, but did not have the rage mechanics to take full advantage of it. Then in Legion the removal of a rage generator skill just destroyed any fun I might have had with it. Focused Rage is neat, but it just doesn't work without real resource management; standing around waiting for autoattacks is bullshit.

I still tank on my warrior, as that feels impactful and responsive, but I just cannot shake the feeling that as DPS, he is but a shade of what he once was.
    Last edited by Bradders; 2017-04-28 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Played Rogue at Legion launch. They fucked Sub up, went Sin to hold on to my Rogue... but couldn't. Feels bad.

Switched to Shaman... feels bad.

Kinda stuck with the Shaman at this point. Feels bad.

Legion... kinda feels bad.
    /agree

I main a sin rogue but also have every other class...they all feel fine but not better with the changes. While I am able to cope with the changes I think this is my least favorite xpac of the game so far for everything except the lore. The story in this xpac is great! But the filler in between story is bad imo.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    So basically you liked Demonology after it was gutted? Then you must really love it now.
    Yea unfortunately I didnt get to play my warlock in MoP, just Cata

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Yea unfortunately I didnt get to play my warlock in MoP, just Cata
    Ah. That might explain it and that's really sad to hear. Mechanically speaking Warlocks have never been more fun than they were in Mists of Pandaria and I say this as someone who has had one since vanilla. The only specialization I didn't like then was Affliction but I didn't like it much after Wrath of the Lich King anyway. It's a bit more tolerable now except for Soul Effigy but thankfully they're finally getting rid of that. Though the talent they're replacing it with doesn't seem like it'll fare much better considering it's literally our PvP talent but gimped.

Deleted
    Current main: DK. well since i didnt play DK during MoP... cant say anything
    Old main: Disc Priest, nope disc was more fun during mop

Back in the days when you killed a regular wolf it felt amazing. Now, you can kill a hundred and feel nothing. Because in the past that one wolf was a challenge, now those hundred are just a nuissance. I always mained Retri, and played Arms on the side. The two are buttonmashers. Only way you run out of mana as Retribution is if you decide to start spaming Flash of Light, but with all other defensive capabilities at your disposal you'll probably do it once out of fight in order to regain lost health and continue fighting mobs right away. There is no resource management. You're genereting holy power by truckloads and spending it as you go. Sure, it's fun but forgetable as all hell, because you know you're not that good, it's just your skills are that strong.

Windwalker monk: Except for aoe. Yes it's much better, feels more active.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Windwalker monk: Except for aoe. Yes it's much better, feels more active.
    What's more "active" about it exactly?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    No one that has played their class for longer than 2 expansions enjoy the legion changes to their class ( given that they've mained the class since ), I noticed the ( few ) people who do probably did not play that specific spec at end game ( either because it wasn't viable or they simply couldn't play it properly).

The issue isn't class design to be fair, it's more like a revamp of the game itself, commercialization of the game keeps pushing for a more mainstream philosophy, one that favors less complications and more repetitive farming as a business retention model, as such we're simply viewing the side effects of such changes.
    I played Ret since BC , and whilst I main a DH now, Ret is still my most used alt. And Legion Ret beats most incarnations. Better than BC ( 30sec seals that dissapear after judgment , nasty nasty), WotlK, Cata or WoD. MoP Ret was about on equal footing, but since Legion Ret has Ashbringer it still wins for me. Also ret was ALWAYS one of the least mobile specs. Hell a long time ago, we had 0 gap closers. Like actually 0. So double cavalier talent is pretty good in comparison.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had a main. I have a 'main' of each class, but I also have several of each class. Altaholic. For what little time I played Legion, nothing felt right. Yeah, with a new expansion always comes relearning your class, to some extent. Legion was almost a completely different game. They added CDs and cast times to spells that never had them before, completely scrapped entire toolboxes, removed abilities from baseline and/or made talents baseline only for some specs...everything felt clunky again like I was playing back in Vanilla because nothing worked like it used to.

I'm all for them simplifying the classes, because I'd much rather enjoy the game than hyper focus on which fucking keys I'm pressing. But this was just too much change too quickly.

I think the worst so far is mage. Over the years my mage has switched specs quite often - whichever I feel works the best, feels the most fluid. He's been frost for the past several expansions, with arcane secondary. In Legion, ever spec felt like it hit like a wet noodle, and the rotations all felt clunky. By the time I got to 110 on my mage, I couldn't decide which spec I hated the LEAST. I capped his level and immediately switched to another class, and never touched him again. He was the first character on my account, I guess you could technically call him my main, though he's one of the least played characters on the account.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-04-29 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    They've kind of ruined both Warlock and Protection Warrior for me. Love Vengeance DH though so it's kind of fine.

I play a mage^^
    And while we dont dominate the meters to the same extent as we did in mop, atleast we arent so fucked up by mechanics as we were in mop

Mop was basicly:
    "Night gathers, and now my rune begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no step, avoid no damage, never help soak. I shall live and die in my rune. I am the DPS in the rune. I pledge my life and honor to the rune for this night and all the nights to come."

Mostly Fury Warrior since Wrath and I've only enjoyed myself more with each expansion.

Then again, I generally don't remember much about the past expansions and how classes truly worked then. Don't care. I just try to enjoy myself in the present and so far I haven't been able to complain much about being a Fury Warrior.