Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/28...-his-head.html

Who else can spot immediately why the robbery would have failed if someone knowledgeable in guns saw this unfold.

As it happened I immediately saw it. How about you?

@Ghostpanther
    @Svifnymr
    Yeah, not like they had a lot of options at the time anyway, but at least they weren't really in immediate danger! Guy had his finger on the trigger the entire time...

That one scene with the Ruger p90 in Desperado always bugged me, where he slowly chambers the round. Also why I don't carry a gun I'm not comfortable carrying loaded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    But I just got a chunk of character points and I need a holdout weapon by tomorrow. I was hoping you people with actual gun knowledge (not fake like mine) might suggest something a six-foot human might realistically concealed carry.
    I'm 6' and can conceal just about any handgun. I've carried a 1911 government inside the waistband before. Realistically, it's easier to go with something like a Glock 19, Beretta PX4 Compact, SIG 3200, anything similar. My Unknown Armies character 15 years ago had a pair of STI 38supers just so I could carry around 24X2 rounds...

Intimidating, hard to judge, maybe a 44magnum revolver just for the one-liners. They make some compact stuff like a 329, not sure if GURPS has recoil rules.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Intimidating, hard to judge, maybe a 44magnum revolver just for the one-liners..
    Not convinced I can sell that as a holdout weapon.

10+ Year Old Account

Who else can spot immediately why the robbery would have failed if someone knowledgeable in guns saw this unfold.

@Ghostpanther
    @Svifnymr
    Stupid criminal 101, Lesson 1: chamber a round BEFORE trying to rob a store, else you might get a misfeed that jams the gun.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Because it's so close to his hand that if he were also a ninja he could disassemble it in 0.03 seconds, long before anyone could pull a trigger.
    Well, he could have cleared it in a second most likely, if he was competent, but if he was competent he wouldnt have jammed it in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account

@Ghostpanther
    @Svifnymr
    i saw it right away but if you try and grab it and it goes into battery you're fucked
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I have no actual idea what I'm looking at. I'm just making stupid posts about ninjas.
    When he racks the slide he doesnt just let it snap forward, thus resulting in the round not feeding correctly and jamming the gun. If it had properly chambered the round, you would not see any of the bear metal of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i saw it right away but if you try and grab it and it goes into battery you're fucked
    Yea jams like that are either hard locked (require slide to move rearward to undo) or you can hard tap the rear to force it into battery.

We do a lot of tap/rack/bang admin drills when training.

If you have the balls in this case you could simply grab the slide with a death grip to keep it from going into battery.

Believe it or not the human hand can also hold the slide shut even if a round is fired. You'd be surprised how little manipulation of a pistol slide will completely render is out of battery or unable to shoot additional rounds.

In training they teach you if you have to fire point blank don't press the pistol into the target because even a little movement of the slide will put it out of battery. You even have odd-ball handguns out there that address this:

Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-04-28 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some good news for gun rights the last few days. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/03...cent-wins.html 14 states now allow their citizens to carry concealed a firearm without a permit. The list keeps growing.
    Yeah well here in NJ we "might" be able to buy stun guns/tasers.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea jams like that are either hard locked (require slide to move rearward to undo) or you can hard tap the rear to force it into battery.

We do a lot of tap/rack/bang admin drills when training.

If you have the balls in this case you could simply grab the slide with a death grip to keep it from going into battery.

Believe it or not the human hand can also hold the slide shut even if a round is fired. You'd be surprised how little manipulation of a pistol slide will completely render is out of battery or unable to shoot additional rounds.

In training they teach you if you have to fire point blank don't press the pistol into the target because even a little movement of the slide will put it out of battery. You even have odd-ball handguns out there that address this:

I much prefer a revolver. No high tech battery, slide to worry about. lol. Very simple to load and know if it is. A gun for dummies I guess. But I also feel like they are very safe. And I have personally never had any of my revolvers to jam in decades of use. After who knows how many rounds fired thru them.I know they can. Just not happened to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah well here in NJ we "might" be able to buy stun guns/tasers.
    Aww. That sucks. I do not see things in NJ, New York, Conn, Illinois, RI or Maryland changing. Not a favorable political crowd in control in those states. But there are going to be more states to follow the 14 who have adopted Constitutional carry laws I predict.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-04-29 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

@Ghostpanther
    @Svifnymr
    Yep but I don't think I'd take the risk anyways in that position. Guy could easily take a step back, make sure it chambers and now he's pissed that I attempted to either disarm him or ignored his demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I much prefer a revolver. No high tech battery, slide to worry about. lol. Very simple to load and know if it is. A gun for dummies I guess. But I also feel like they are very safe. And I have personally never had any of my revolvers to jam in decades of use. After who knows how many rounds fired thru them.I know they can. Just not happened to me.
    It's like the guys that swear they can pull the slide off a Beretta. If someone pulls a semi auto on you, you push the slide out of battery and the gun won't fire. With a revolver, grab around the hammer and/or cylinder and hold the mechanism so it can't fire. Good luck with all that. I mean, if you're fighting with someone with a gun, go for it, but it's pretty last ditch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's like the guys that swear they can pull the slide off a Beretta. If someone pulls a semi auto on you, you push the slide out of battery and the gun won't fire. With a revolver, grab around the hammer and/or cylinder and hold the mechanism so it can't fire. Good luck with all that. I mean, if you're fighting with someone with a gun, go for it, but it's pretty last ditch.
    For sure. I guess my main point was, if you have a revolver, and it is loaded, all you do is pull the trigger. So even for crooks, it is the easier firearm to use. But meh, still one of preference.

In the case of the robbery, the clerk did the smart thing. But if he was knowledgeable of firearms, he could have easily seen the guy was not able to shoot him by simply pulling the trigger. Should he have done anything different if he could tell? No. But it would at least make him feel less threatened.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-04-30 at 12:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...74388932599370

For the gun owners in commiefornia it's a shame something like this has to exist but can't fix stupid and Cali govt is filled with that
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...74388932599370

For the gun owners in commiefornia it's a shame something like this has to exist but can't fix stupid and Cali govt is filled with that
    Well it worked well in the clip (no pun intended) I guess they will just have to ban everything but muskets to get their desired effect.

@Ghostpanther
    @Svifnymr
    This the out of battery Jimmy John's heist? Don't have time to click it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    This the out of battery Jimmy John's heist? Don't have time to click it.
    Yes it is.

Did you guys see the reversal on the shouldering braces the ATF put out? Cliff Notes: Ok to do now.

I don't own any as all my SBR's have been stamped. But you know I'm not gonna let this go without the obligatory:

Did you guys see the reversal on the shouldering braces the ATF put out? Cliff Notes: Ok to do now.
    I have one 9mm AR with a shockwave brace. I also have a 9mm ar sbr. Just tinkering with various options. While I'm sure many folks use the shockwave to shoulder, it really DOES work as claimed. You point the gun ahead, using the brace blade to rest against the inside of your forearm and it provides some stability, even without a strap.

Not sure if you read the new letter, but it's a bit overly wordy for my liking.

First Letter: Okay to shoulder
    Second Letter: Shouldering it is a redesign
    Third letter: It's not a redesign to sometimes shoulder if the brace is used within operational parameters noted at time of creation of theory regarding braces to be used within specific conditions and at certain times depending on phase of the moon, but redesigning by using it outside of specific conditions that may or may not be obvious to whoever decides to fuck with you today is perfectly acceptable within the agents decision based on what he had for lunch.

I mean, obviously the new letter says you can occasionally shoulder without it being a stock, but it also made mention of using the brace in ways it's not intended resulting in it being redesigned as a stock.

AR with brace, normal use, I think, but if you've seen some of the uses where they add the brace to guns that otherwise don't need/ have any such system, would that be a redesign? I'm thinking of those israeli things that you put your glock into and now it's a giant handgun along with a brace that isn't really designed to be a brace anymore. Sure, with anything you might be able to fight it in Court, but why risk things and spend the money?

I'll stick with my "don't post a video of yourself shooting from the shoulder" stance and you should be fine.

Georgia Campus Carry is being signed into law by Nathan Deal after being rejected last year and re-worked.

Good news.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-campus-carry/

10+ Year Old Account
    Georgia Campus Carry is being signed into law by Nathan Deal after being rejected last year and re-worked.

Good news.

Yeah. But there are several areas within the Campus they will not be able to. So a criminal/attacker can just pick those zones to do their dirty work.

Good news.

Sometimes I think American is on a different planet, lol.

How is something like this seen as normal? Your culture is weird.