Page 1 of 2
LastLast

20 fps on guldan with asus GTX 750 Ti and gygabite GTX 1060

I purchased an "upgrade" today and Iam quite dissapointed so far. No improvements in performance whatsoever.

Is it my old motherboard talking ? or i just happened to buy a shitty video card.

PS video settings are exactly equal on both cards

edit. just tested Overwath. significant increase. so GPU is fine.
    Last edited by Useful; 2017-04-28 at 08:01 PM.

need the rest of your specs before anything can be determined.

Deleted
    I'd suggest a clean reinstall of your GFX drivers for starters

Had you asked before you purchased the part we could have told you raid fps is determined by CPU not video card. GPU only really has to do with open areas questing etc, but unless you have a 144hz+ monitor you wont see any gains there either. If raid fps is important to you, you likely should return the GPU and buy a new cpu/motherboard/ram, depending on what your current parts are.

But remember even the fastest PC's overclocked to the max by someone who knows what they are doing, cannot overcome WoW's old engine. There is a limit to that, and no amount of money can fix it, only alleviate it slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Had you asked before you purchased the part we could have told you raid fps is determined by CPU not video card. GPU only really has to do with open areas questing etc, but unless you have a 144hz+ monitor you wont see any gains there either. If raid fps is important to you, you likely should return the GPU and buy a new cpu/motherboard/ram, depending on what your current parts are.

But remember even the fastest PC's overclocked to the max by someone who knows what they are doing, cannot overcome WoW's old engine. There is a limit to that, and no amount of money can fix it, only alleviate it slightly.
    yea sounds good. thatns for the tip. new motherboard is next station =)

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    yea sounds good. thatns for the tip. new motherboard is next station =)
    Whats your current cpu? Its possible you can overclock yours and gain a decent amount of FPS in raids.

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 8 Gb Ram 64 windows 7
    Last edited by Useful; 2017-04-28 at 08:38 PM.

try disabling all your damage meters, in raids these put a real strain on your CPU and can cause FPS drop

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Your bottleneck is your CPU.
    2400 should still do better than 20 fps though.

OP post your settings.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 8 Gb Ram 64 windows 7
    That's overall still a decent CPU, my advice is drop down raid settings to 4 and see what that does for FPS.

iam currently at minimum on everything exept particles details (or something like that) Raid setting is 3. its deffo CPU//motherboard issue. will try to disable scada in next raid.

Windows 7 might be old enough to start causing trouble if there's a lack of support behind it.
    Other than that, what screen resolution are you playing at?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Windows 7 might be old enough to start causing trouble if there's a lack of support behind it.
    Other than that, what screen resolution are you playing at?
    1600x900 resolution

Out of curiosity, how big is your WoW folder?
    Super casual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    Out of curiosity, how big is your WoW folder?
    5 and a half inches raid buffed
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry bro, but WoW barely uses your graphics card. The game is made from a time when GPUs played a lesser role.

The CPU is your bottleneck. It is i5 and only 2 cores. It is NOT a gaming CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Sorry bro, but WoW barely uses your graphics card. The game is made from a time when GPUs played a lesser role.

The CPU is your bottleneck. It is i5 and only 2 cores. It is NOT a gaming CPU.
    sorry 'bro', but you literally have no clue and i cba explaining you why.

iam currently at minimum on everything exept particles details (or something like that) Raid setting is 3. its deffo CPU//motherboard issue. will try to disable scada in next raid.
    By chance is your Windows OS 64bit version?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Having gone through the exact same gpu upgrade (750ti to 1060) and went from a similar cpu to a better one, i can say the CPU made a far bigger difference. If you raid 20 man raids i'm fairly certain CPU is your bottleneck.

Your CPU is bottlenecking your entire system. CPU>GPU when it comes to outdated builds.

Always upgrade CPU first when it's that outdate, GPU second.