Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Just confirms what I have thought all along, he's going to be a 1 term president. Republicans better start eyeing a replacement candidate for 2020.

Personally, I have had enough of your two party system. Next election I am voting for someone that will place global warming and our environment at the top of their concerns. Possibly Green.

Republicans better start listening to one of their own, the ultimate badass, Gen. Maddog Mattis.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...ional-security
    The Dems are going to run roughshod in 2018 and take both branches back by 2020. Even if Trump is outed before hand, Pence is not a party leader. The Dems still need a solid candidate for 2020 - and it can't be Hillary - CAN NOT - regardless of her actual qualifications. That ship sailed twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Pretty soon they'll just start reporting what he's eating for lunch everyday because some people seem to have some strange infatuation with everything he says and does.
    That happens with every President. Trump has his own quirks, and I've never really cared about them - or thought to make fun of him (although I admittedly thought the steak thing was odd, not now, but when it first came up).

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol, I figured you obfuscate and deter - that's how you roll. If you can't keep track of a basic conversation about a single point, I'm not sure we can help you any more. But I'll give it another try.

I said he was stupid because he doesn't read his briefing materials - you see that "s" at the end of "material" - that means multiple material - or materials. So my claim was:

You provided his daily schedule - which is NOT proof that he is exchanging oral briefings (don't get confused by that "s"!) for his admitted dismissed written briefing material. Trump admitted to not reading his briefing material - still - you need to provide proof that he is instead getting that information, on multiple issues, through oral briefings. Or admit you lied about what you claimed.
    You stated that he wasn't taking oral briefings and I showed you that he was. There have been several President's who preferred oral briefings instead of reading them as Obama did. Doesn't make them stupid.

And now you're actually going to argue that these daily intelligence briefings are NOT proof that he is exchanging oral briefings? Really? WTF do you think they're doing...shooting the shit about golf and grandkids? Intellectual honesty does not appear to be your forte it seems.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    You stated that he wasn't taking oral briefings and I showed you that he was. There have been several President's who preferred oral briefings instead of reading them as Obama did. Doesn't make them stupid.
    And your link for this? You keep spouting bullshit but no one believes it - you can't even meet your own standards. Show me the Presidents who have preferred their information on subjects near and far to be oral rather than written. Please. We'll wait.

And now you're actually going to argue that these daily intelligence briefings are NOT proof that he is exchanging oral briefings? Really? WTF do you think they're doing...shooting the shit about golf and grandkids? Intellectual honesty does not appear to be your forte it seems.
    Intelligence briefings, called the PDB, are always oral with written backups. I'm talking about all the other issues - which is why we had that discussion about "s" - I thought maybe you'd understood, but I guess not.

You have provided NO proof that Trump is taking his information orally rather than in written briefings that he himself admitted he eschewed - ALL, not just intelligence briefings - that was my original claim. So far the only evidence, again from Trump's own mouth, is that he doesn't need facts to make decisions.

Until you show us that he is taking in the monumental amount of information a President needs to govern orally, we'll just sit back and continue laughing at your ridiculous and completely unfounded claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty soon they'll just start reporting what he's eating for lunch everyday because some people seem to have some strange infatuation with everything he says and does.
    Well... I put put fecalphelia on par with his political acumen, so yes if he ate a bowl of shit every day for lunch, it would be reported on.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

That happens with every President. Trump has his own quirks, and I've never really cared about them - or thought to make fun of him (although I admittedly thought the steak thing was odd, not now, but when it first came up).
    It doesn't happen with every president. The media gave the past administration a lot of leeway and did not report on various scandals or controversies.

I don't think the Reagan administration could have survived using the IRS to go after Tea Party groups. I don't think the Bush administration could have survived controversies over a dubiously legal drone program or mass surveillance program. I doubt Jeff Session's Justice Department could survive a Fast and Furious Scandal that Eric Holder basically walked away from unscathed.

The Dems are going to run roughshod in 2018 and take both branches back by 2020. Even if Trump is outed before hand, Pence is not a party leader. The Dems still need a solid candidate for 2020 - and it can't be Hillary - CAN NOT - regardless of her actual qualifications. That ship sailed twice.
    I honestly don't believe she will ever run again by choice. She took enough of an emotional beating from the regressive primordial stupids that infest our country, and probably lost any interest in helping the stupids ever again and will instead focus on their current charity work for people who are actually grateful for her help and want it.

I don't think the Bush administration could have survived controversies over a dubiously legal drone program or mass surveillance program.
    and yet, they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    and yet, they did.
    Those were not controversies during that administration. They hardly survived any controversy, they are the most despised administrations of the past few decades.

So he sits out by the swimming pool sipping maitai's all day charging it to the US taxpayer and this is more difficult than his previous job ?

Heck, I can't even come up with a snarky response for an easier job than this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The job has a learning curve...surprise! And the OP calls Trump an idiot for being honest about it. That's rich....as well as being ironic.
    Trump certainly isn't an idiot for being honest about it. He certainly is an idiot for not realizing there is a learning curve before he ran for office. If you talk about how easy being president is and then act all shocked that it's hard after you win then you deserve all of the shit you receive for it. If you're too stupid to realize that being president has a learning curve then you're probably too stupid to handle said learning curve.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And to be fair, he took office in a stranger time than when he started running two years ago. Syria has gone from being mishandled to the worst foreign policy blunder since the Iraq War, possibly Vietnam. The economy is in a strange position. He needs to fulfill the difficult promises he got elected on against more opposition than he thought he would have.

Edit: Also North Korea is flaring up out of nowhere.
    Kinda makes me wish someone qualified to handle international relations won. Maybe someone who wanted the job for more than ego stroking and showboating. But, that might just be me.

#butheremails
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Because the retard thought the Presidency would be a Dictatorship and he could do whatever he wanted.

Now that he realizes he cannot, and has to act within the confines of the law (With virtually all of his law proposals being shot down), he's acting like a 16 year old who got his first job and doesn't like to actually work. Because that is basically what Turnip is. A child who inherited his money and made more fucking everybody else over and hoarding money for himself.

we're talking about the guy who, according to his own biographer, didn't have the attention span to sit for a 15 minute conversation for a book he commissioned about himself

is anyone surprised that he's not doing so hot in a job that substantially involves taking meetings and reading for hours on end?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Sure, this is technically news, but it's not news to any of us. Everyone who wasn't coerced already knew he was clueless.

He's 100 days in and still has about 1300 to go, right? What are the Americans gonna do about it? Is he going to do anything he said he would? Is he going to give up? Will Americans make him vacate the premises?

*shrug*
    I frankly see Trump giving up within the next six months and falling into a depression. His ego can't take being president, because it's not a job for someone with an ego.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

When you literally miss Dubya the gentle clown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I frankly see Trump giving up within the next six months and falling into a depression. His ego can't take being president, because it's not a job for someone with an ego.
    Bue he was gonna be the best president ever, believe me! He was gonna score 100s and end above par! 3 pointers all day! He said so!

I know it's been pointed out time and time again but it's quite shocking that so many Americans just bought his shit wholesale. Whether it was apathy or stupidity...it can't be good. Wonder what will happen next since the bar has been set so low.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

he sounds like he's totally bored with it.

honestly, this is kinda disheartening. i always figured there was hidden secrets that the president would learn, like secret contact with aliens or inter-dimensional beings, or some ancient alien technology we've been studying for years. or even global cabal shit, idk. something.

but he makes it seem like there's nothing interesting at all about it. just boring speeches and paperwork.

Clearly we need to make sure we never elect anyone who hasn't been a lawyer their entire life right? Also we should only elect people who have been in the establishment forever, infact establishment families like bush!
    Ofcourse a document as freakishly huge as the healthcare law will freak people out including trump, lawmakers have already admitted to not reading laws before signing them.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he sounds like he's totally bored with it.

honestly, this is kinda disheartening. i always figured there was hidden secrets that the president would learn, like secret contact with aliens or inter-dimensional beings, or some ancient alien technology we've been studying for years. or even global cabal shit, idk. something.

but he makes it seem like there's nothing interesting at all about it. just boring speeches and paperwork.
    Or because it was only about getting richer and being a star.. anything else even how grand it might be is useless to him?

I didn't know that playing golf every weekend was hard. But if the Trump says so, it must be true.