Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

The adventure continues.

Deleted
    I had a DK2 for a while but while other people praised it, all I saw was a blurry mess.. Also the whole thing was to cumbersome both in setup and actually wearing it... I am far more interested these days in more elegant solutions like the Hololens. And yes, I know that is AR not VR...

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I had a DK2 for a while but while other people praised it, all I saw was a blurry mess.. Also the whole thing was to cumbersome both in setup and actually wearing it... I am far more interested these days in more elegant solutions like the Hololens. And yes, I know that is AR not VR...
    I tried one of the pre-consumer occulus versions and didn't even get where I was in the game (it was a pod racer game with custom made peripherals and was a university project). I simply couldn't see anything and left a sour taste in my mouth. My vive is a whole other ball game, oh boy!

10+ Year Old Account
    The new gun that comes with Farpoint is great (the game is ok), but the gun lets you move easily around while shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Virtual reality headsets and games were the trend last holiday season. A fiscal quarter later how is the market holding up?

Is there a lot of support for headsets? VR games?
    VR won't be successful until sometime the next decade but damn I remember the first(?) VR helmet back in '92 and that was some impressive shit for it's time.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-05-22 at 11:27 AM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)