Poll: would you like a Warcraft 4 being an open world game a la Skyrim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Massive single player online game could work.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    the problem with rts is only old wow fans would be enticed to buy it, on the other hand a single player game similar to skyrim has much more potential in refueling the interest in warcraft franchise (and eventually could attract more player into the mmo).
    That is a valid point, RTS games on the whole are less popular than they were as a result of the rise of MOBA's, but then it wouldn't be WC4. It would be called something else. It'd be something like Warcraft: Heroes of Azeroth or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    If prefer it to be an FPS dating sim with big boobed anime girls.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I would like WC4 to be similar to WC3. New graphics, new campaigns, new maps, new race, new heroes, same old game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't an RTS I wouldn't be interested in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually one of my dream games. An open world single player action/RPG Warcraft game either playing as a custom character or an already designed character that you can choose among other characters to play as. I'd also like it if they made it a Diablo style game. I think that would be badass.

I wouldn't mind it being another RTS either though.

Not open world like skyrim.

Possibly open world like witcher 3.

There will never be a Warcraft 4, deal with it.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    On a different note, can you suggest a game with a better story?
    Objectively or subjectively and from a MMO perspective? I love most of the class stories in The Old Republic even though it's often burned at the steak for simply existing.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-04-29 at 01:36 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    True, but you said the expansions were bland.

On a different note, can you suggest a game with a better story?
    To be honest, its pretty hard to encounter a good written game nowadays.
    I'd say that Witcher 3 had an amazing story, DA:I can be good if you're invested in the universe and characters.
    A lot of people would count Skyrim as a game with a good storytelling but I personally like to distinguish game story and game universe. In that regard Skyrim as a game is pretty boring but TES universe is amazing overall.
    Gothic 1&2 has small but cozy and detailed world with a bunch of cool characters and details.

Its just what comes to mind first when I think of games that I like for its story.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am confused, since Warcraft can't be like Skyrim, as they are two complete different genres. If there was a WC4, it would have to be RTS, else it wouldn't be a WC4.
    Skyrim like game in warcraft universe, i called it Warcraft 4 what i mean is a single player game separated from the mmo who keep expanding warcraft story in a way the mmo would never be able to do for all the restriction we already know; i also took skyrim as an example because bathesda has created an mmo from the elder of scroll franchise but hasn't abandoned it's single player products, same goes for the Final Fantasy franchise.
    Can you think how much potential a game like that could have? My two cent it could smash Skyrim, Fallout, Witcher, FFXV etc.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2017-04-29 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    the problem with rts is only old wow fans would be enticed to buy it, on the other hand a single player game similar to skyrim has much more potential in refueling the interest in warcraft franchise (and eventually could attract more player into the mmo).
    Even Blizzard aren't that foolish.

Skyrim is not a huge selling PC title. Huge selling PC titles are basically, games that you can only really enjoy with a mouse and keyboard or games that have low requirements - because the majority of PC gamers do not have decent PC's. Skyrim is a console game with a cult PC following/mod community.

Creating a "Skyrim"-esque game that would release on all platforms? That may do well. You wouldn't call it Warcraft 4 though... why would you? It isn't the 4th game in the series, it's the first. You would call it Warcraft.

It is unlikely going to be worth the money spent developing the game for the amount of people you draw to a declining genre. It would have to be a new venture and I honestly don't see them doing it. It's a very costly endeavour and they already have a thriving MMO where they can explore the Warcraft narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    i'd love a single player open world RPG with an indepth talent system set in the Warcraft Universe.
    That would be just wow without the MM part.

huh? Warcraft four would be an RTS otherwise it wouldn't be "four."
    Is that a serious question?

Would I like a single player RPG in WOW's world? No, just fix the single player elements of wow.
    I would very much like a modern RTS like wc3 or even age of empires 2 though for sure.
    Everything that comes out feels so cheap.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Would love Warcraft 4X. Like Endless Legend/Total Warhammer Style.

Deleted
    No. I don't want it to be like Skyrim..
    Why would I want Warcraft 4 to be a steaming pile of bugged shit.

Blizzard likely won't do single player game. Their core philosophy is gameplay over everything. The essence of a single player game is its story. Other aspects all come together to compliment the story. Annoying things sometimes stay precisely because it enhances immersion which make experiencing the story better. Blizzard's games on the other hand have all parts come together to compliment the gameplay. They favor multiplayer games.

If there ever was a Skyrim clone, it would never be "Warcraft 4". Their story vehicle for Warcraft is WoW, there is really no need for a Starcraft with Warcraft skins.

I want to take elder of scroll example here, they have made an mmo but there is no sign of them dropping the single player series to concentrate only into it and so i wonder if given the fact that rts genre is dead, blizzard could expand warcraft universe by providing an AAA single player open world titles much like skyrim.
    Pro:
    story could be written and balanced without all the constrain we have in an mmo
    each zone could be way more detailed and expanded without again all the problem of an mmo
    class/spec could have interesting development without the pvp/pve balance
    old zones who are frozen in time into the game could see a huge development

Cons:
    a single player game like that could very well need blizzard to put ton of resources into it, i don't think it could impact the mmo but i'm not to sure about it.
    or you could stop being so stupid and realize the infinitely better idea would be for blizz to take over the rights to kingdoms of amalur and actually make it a complete game without changing its core
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day