Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodd117 View Post
    Why would anyone in this world have five fucking alts, especially in this expansion? Jesus Christ.
    Because even Blizzard themselves admitted due to "ClassFantasy(TM)" tons of content they prepared is locked to a specific class, so if you want to see the full experience of Legion, all of the lore, you need several if not all classes.

If there was no class campaigns, class mounts and other stuff that is class-locked and you could collect and see everything from 1 main, it would be a different story.

Then there is also the "limited time" to obtain various artifact variants / tints for transmog, that limited time is until Legion is over, unless we have 100% confirmation otherwise, it's safer to try to collect as many as you can, in case you switch your main in the future and then feel screwed over like people do now on MOP sets if they only did it on a class they no longer play.

So far what we know is you can use artifact look as a transmog after Legion if you unlocked it in Legion, so it's time-limited, class and spec specific content.

For collectors, artifact skins and class mounts were THE reason to level alts, no one really raids or hardcore grinds on 5+ alts except maybe super tiny minority, but collectors are a big part of wow (and any MMO) landscape, why would Blizzard add mount, pet, toy, wardrobe tabs if not to cater to collectors? People actually like this stuff, and Blizzard gets their money. Wardrobe unlock system again promotes having at least 1 of each armor type classes, which didn't exist pre-Legion, transmog wasn't something measurable "how much % completion I have".

I'm personally not a hardcore collector, I don't even have "lord of the reins" mount achievement, but I can see benefits from Blizzard catering to collectors, first they're the segment of casual (non hardcore raider non hardcore pvper etc.) playerbase who don't immediately unsub after they consume the frontpage content, because they stay to pursue their collection goals. Second, they fuel the economy both in gold making (they often spend lots of time playing the AH or farming since they're non-raiders non-pvpers) and in gold spending on big ticket items like rare transmogs, mounts, boosts for specific achievement / mount. Third, they often are the people who go back to old content to farm transmogs, pets, mounts which means they're less likely to run out of content. Fourth, they're probably the prime target of Blizz store with mounts, pets, transmog helmets and such.

Many MMOs live off collectors, I played GW2 and SWTOR and their "cash shops" were always full of transmog gear, which means, this sells and keeps the game running. I would expect it's no different in other games of this type.

Damn, Blizzard themselves is overhauling HOTS and "overwatch-ifying it" with loot crates, tons of collectibles etc. I bet that means only 1 thing - Overwatch system paid off.

Back to the subject of alts in WOW, I wouldn't be surprised if majority of "alts" are not being "played" for AP or gear just for achievements and extra collection unlocks, they used to have a point for gathering as well but now with flying herbs are getting more manageable in price. Well, there's also a niche to have alts for order hall missions, if they didn't want people to level alts to do this, why did they carry over the mission table system from WOD to Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    they take like 11 weeks to get right?
    i'll probably never get it still anyway, having to do 1 questline a week, when i don't get the chance to play every week is just too annoying, so still "meh"
    The initial time gate is 11 weeks. You can do up to the current week on all of your alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So fucking wrong.

WoD catered to the raiders wanting NOTHING to do outside of jumping straight into raids. WoD was an expansion where it was easy to level, but absolutely nothing to do once reaching max level with alts.
    Can people stop repeating this myth?

WoD did not "cater" to anyone. WoD was a lazy piece of crap and raiders happened to suffer the least downsides because raiding eats up a lot of time so they didn't have quite so little to do as all the people who refused to touch raiding beyond LFR.

Blaming WoD on raiders is stupid and it has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What a shock. Caving to whiners who can't put the effort in as per usual.
    As far as rep grinds go, Legionfall isn't particularly bad to do once. But on all the characters you want the class mount on? No thanks.

I am glad they did this. Having to farm all (or as many as I can) artifact skins before Legion ends and they become unavailable is already time intensive enough, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    You expect us to gain exalted on all 12 classes? are you nuts?

Edit: I expected them to make it like everything else i.e Gain exalted on main and you unlock the class mount quests on your alts. Didn't really expect them to remove it all together
    Agreed. This would've been preferable, really. I'm fine with how it is now, and it certainly is a whole lot better than grinding to exalted on 12 characters, but I think at least one character exalted would have been a fine requirement to unlock the class mount quests on every character on that account.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind farming the rep.... glad to hear we don't have to be exalted. But 1 character maybe 2 at the most. The faction grind is just bleh some days, other days its ok. Like someone said above, exalted will most likely come easy and unexpected as a side affect of grinding the WQ's there

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    What is the point of the legionfall rep?

to buy a 10000k shard tabard?

seems worthless to gain rep
    There's that Repurposed Fel Focuser for when you have alts that don't use flasks, or already have Oralius' crystal. There's also a pet from the paragon rep box.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Great news indeed, horrible if you had to grind to exalted on every alt....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    It required exalted, now there is no mount that requires exalted. Sounds like a reputation mount to me.
    Thus why it was changed, it was designed as a Class mount rewarded for doing your class hall quests not for getting exalted. Blizzard could add a Legionfall mount if they truly wanted

It is debatable how much repetition is deemed "effort".
    Such a requirement only further gates it for those starting later.

If you want to go get the reputation first, then that is your choice.

The "experience" presented by the exalted grind is something that only really needs experienced once I would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What will be more interesting is those that have already reached exalted, will be absolutely livid that they went all out only to have the rug pulled out from under them so to speak..

This is great for alts. I'm OK with getting Exalted on my main, but I stopped doing daily caches on my alts a long time ago. and I wouldn't have liked to go through even more WQs on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. Then again, OP is the same guy who wants to do away with a single click to loot a body so...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    This is a god send! I no longer have to farm Legionfall reputation on all characters, excellent move Blizzard
    Just because you don't need exalted doesn't mean you don't need to do the quests

Quote Originally Posted by strongyp View Post
    Just because you don't need exalted doesn't mean you don't need to do the quests
    Doing the quests in a timely fashion is perfectly possible on alts.

Farming Exalted is not, especially since Legionfall isn't exactly the most thrilling reputation to farm in the first place.

11 weeks campaign means 3 months sub. That is $45 for a mount.
    That is a good "price" for Blizzard.
    There is no need to ask more grind. It may upset someone and lost that $45.

Blizzard doesn't get anything extra, because you did a daily.

I am sure the sub is slowly decreasing.
    Blizzard wants to give more rewards with less WORK.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you still need to be Exalted with all other Factions on Alts and farm another 10K to get the Cache.

So i don't see how not needing Exalted with Legionfall changes this one bit, since most people are Exalted by now.

Deleted
    You still have to put in effort, completing the whole Legionfall campaign. It's now just at a more reasonable level.

Requiring people to get to exalted on every character was ridiculous. Even just making it accountwide, like people requested, would have meant people have to put in effort. People didn't even ask for the requirement to be removed completely, accountwide alone would've been fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    But you still need to be Exalted with all other Factions on Alts and farm another 10K to get the Cache.

So i don't see how not needing Exalted with Legionfall changes this one bit, since most people are Exalted by now.
    Wait.

1) What cache?
    2) Most people are exalted with Legionfall rep by now? No. Certainly not. Most people are probably revered by now, but not exalted. Not even I am exalted with Legionfall rep, and I have every character at level 110, and have 9/15 story with all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    11 weeks campaign means 3 months sub. That is $45 for a mount.
    That is a good "price" for Blizzard.
    There is no need to ask more grind. It may upset someone and lost that $45.

Blizzard doesn't get anything extra, because you did a daily.

I am sure the sub is slowly decreasing.
    Blizzard wants to give more rewards with less WORK.
    The mount will not be available until then anyway, so what does it matter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    What will be more interesting is those that have already reached exalted, will be absolutely livid that they went all out only to have the rug pulled out from under them so to speak..
    I was already pretty much Exalted and don't care,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    Pretty much. Then again, OP is the same guy who wants to do away with a single click to loot a body so...
    Yet if Blizzard suddenly made it Exalted again because of 'whining' I imagine you wouldn't object

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strongyp View Post
    I never mentioned quests I said reputation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post

What cache?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Yet if Blizzard suddenly made it Exalted again because of 'whining' I imagine you wouldn't object
    It's only a GAME. If I am unhappy, I can unsub. Otherwise, I just keep playing and don't complain. Best part about being an adult for me: Opting whether or not to do something and not acting petulant in spite of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    It's only a GAME. If I am unhappy, I can unsub. Otherwise, I just keep playing and don't complain. Best part about being an adult for me: Opting whether or not to do something and not acting petulant in spite of it.
    Yet you're complaining about Blizzard listening to people complaining...