Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Guess it depends on the country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproductive_coercion#Law it's def illegal in sweden, and if assange ever gets called to trial the law will be tested to see if it is rape.
    "tested" how lol ?

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Are you carzy..... girl say lets fuck but use a condom, threading on a condom on you, when she does not see you intentionally take of the conomd and insert your dick, thats rape, it do no matter that she feel it 0,0001 second after you insert your dick that you are not whering a conodom....
    While I agree that it's abhorrent conduct, I think watering down the term "rape" to mean "any conduct that wasn't explicitly agreed to" is a generally terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    "tested" how lol ?
    Law tested perhaps the wrong verbiage. Essentially whether or not insemination = rape will depend upon whether or not a trial upholds that it is. Certainly as it stands lawyers believe it is. As soon as a court agrees, assuming it doesn't get overturned, precedent is set. So the viability of the rape charge is "tested" in a court of law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While I agree that it's abhorrent conduct, I think watering down the term "rape" to mean "any conduct that wasn't explicitly agreed to" is a generally terrible idea.
    What would you call it? I'm all for a system similar to the murder degrees. Or I guess just sexual assault, sounds as bad as rape though
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess it depends on the country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproductive_coercion#Law it's def illegal in sweden, and if assange ever gets called to trial the law will be tested to see if it is rape.
    Of course it depends on the country. After all, some countries are more biased than others.

Point is we can armchair lawyer this all day, but if something like this ever goes to court, you bet your ass they're going to push for it to be rape.
    Perhaps. But it's pretty sad we've come to this point in this first place. Way too much pussy worship going on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda weird that we're at the point where anything that the female doesn't approve of now qualifies as "Rape", but stuff like poking holes in a condom is just too bad, buddy. It's your kid now, pay up.
    That's kind of the modern feminist thing. "Ghosting" will be next. Meet a girl, hit it off, bang her and then ignore her calls? Rape, because she thought you would keep calling her.

People don't seem to understand how that works. They think if they use a word with a serious connotation to describe something that's not as serious, they're making the latter more serious when the opposite actually occurs. Expanding the definition of a word only weakens its connotational value, as word has only as much value as its weakest connotation.

Maybe this just some weird way to fabricate this so-called "rape culture". Devalue the term by classifying inane shit as "rape" and then cry "rape culture" when people become apathetic to its use. Or hell, even just expanding the definition to cover inane shit would suffice as it makes "rape" more prevalent. Regardless, it's stupid.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-04-29 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Perhaps. But it's pretty sad we've come to this point in this first place. Way too much pussy worship going on the world.
    Yea i can agree in most cases. Though I'd also be all for accusing a women of rape or sexual assault or whatever you want to call it for poking holes in a condom. Arguably a worse thing to do considering you've essentially enslaved another human being for 18 years (the guy) into paying you tribute tax(child support)

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea i can agree in most cases. Though I'd also be all for accusing a women of rape or sexual assault or whatever you want to call it for poking holes in a condom. Arguably a worse thing to do considering you've essentially enslaved another human being for 18 years (the guy) into paying you tribute tax(child support)
    I mean, you can't legitimately do one without doing the other. Otherwise, it's inherently discriminatory/sexist. And yes, it's definitely worse because the guy can't abort. But if they're going to start including false premise as grounds for "rape", it has to be gender-neutral. Also be prepared for a shit storm of stupid cases tying up the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I mean, you can't legitimately do one without doing the other. Otherwise, it's inherently discriminatory/sexist. And yes, it's definitely worse because the guy can't abort. But if they're going to start including false premise as grounds for "rape", it has to be gender-neutral. Also be prepared for a shit storm of stupid cases tying up the system.
    All for equality. Not entirely sure that's what everyone wants these days.

7+ Year Old Account
    All for equality. Not entirely sure that's what everyone wants these days.
    Rest assured, it's not what those pushing this drivel want. This is mostly people hopping on the "professional victim is the new dot com" train.

I'm torn on this. It seems obvious that this should be illegal, but given what women can choose to do with their bodies without the consent of a male, I don't feel like this is actually an issue that needs legislation.

I see a lot of tweets about this but none of them seem to cite any, you know, statistics?

I'm sure this happens, but calling it some kind of new "trend" seems a little weird.
    Beta Club Brosquad

What would you call it? I'm all for a system similar to the murder degrees. Or I guess just sexual assault, sounds as bad as rape though
    I think sexual assault is fine. It denotes unwanted sexual conduct as opposed to forcible penetration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    How is it sexual assault? The sex was consensual, you can't go back and say only 'protected sex' was consensual. We can't keep redefining rape because of irresponsible men and women.
    Ah, ok. So if i hook up with someone and then they chain me up and shove things up my anus while tickling my toes it's not sexual assault because i wanted to have sex.

Being forced into something you didn't agree to in that context does fall into sexual assault, assuming you can prove it wasn't an accident. I'm not talking about retarded things here like "He touched my bum while we were having sex and i never explicitly told him he could do it", this is about agreeing to sex under certain conditions and then those being broken unilaterally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

It's strange because I had never heard of the term before and then suddenly I saw a bunch of posts and articles and tweets about it all in a two-day span, calling it an "epidemic" and other similar words.

Seems to happen a lot nowadays.
    Yeah that's what seems weird to me. I had never heard of this being a widespread thing and then all of a sudden it's a "trend" but there's no actual statistics that I can find. It's not like condoms or sex or even awful horrible men are new things so I am skeptical of this all of a sudden becoming something that dudes are doing en masse. But you're right, it seems like anything that anyone gets wind of now is dubbed a "trend" or epidemic.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    If sombady say that you that you shall use a condom or put on a condom on you there are no doubts that she want you to use a condom. If you intentionally remove the condom you break the "deal"

If we turn the coin she want to ram a dildo into your ass and you say you are not into that stuff and she still do it? What will you call it?

If sombady say that you that you shall use a condom or put on a condom on you there are no doubts that she want you to use a condom. If you intentionally remove the condom you break the "deal"

If we turn the coin she want to ram a dildo into your ass and you say you are not into that stuff and she still do it? What will you call it?
    I wouldnt call her back, thats for sure. Speaking of which, if the condition is calling her the next day and I don't, is that rape? What about when we get into unspoken contracts?

Where do we cross the line between criminal case vs civil case?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Everything is artificially prolonging the game, it's called the game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Ah, ok. So if i hook up with someone and then they chain me up and shove things up my anus while tickling my toes it's not sexual assault because i wanted to have sex.
    Swing and miss. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Being forced into something you didn't agree to in that context does fall into sexual assault, assuming you can prove it wasn't an accident. I'm not talking about retarded things here like "He touched my bum while we were having sex and i never explicitly told him he could do it", this is about agreeing to sex under certain conditions and then those being broken unilaterally.
    Well I have no issue with it being classified as [a minor variation of] "sexual assault", it's really only valid if it's universal. If last-second removal of a condom is "sexual assault", lying about being on the pill and even more so, poking a hole in a condom, is "sexual assault" because they fall under the same exact context: False pretense. If the former scenario results in charges being filed, the latter scenarios should, too. And if a pregnancy occurs in the latter two, the man is exempt from responsibility.

That said, consenting under the belief that a condom is in use when it's not is not being "forced" into sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post
    I wouldnt call her back, thats for sure. Speaking of which, if the condition is calling her the next day and I don't, is that rape? What about when we get into unspoken contracts?
    I imagine that this is the end goal - Classifying any "using" of a woman for sex or as a "sex object" as "rape".

Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post
    Where do we cross the line between criminal case vs civil case?
    This is another important issue. If we start classifying one "shitty-but-not-a-big-deal" thing as "sexual assault" or "rape", then countless other items will be brought up as comparable, even the most inane things. I realize that it's a bit slippery-slopey, but we really don't need mundane issues with intimate encounters to be legislated. Honestly, this is one of those things that should fall under "personal responsibility". You may have agreed to sex with a condom, but you're still responsible for making sure that the condom stays in play. If you can't feel the difference, visually check. Also, get stitches.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-04-29 at 10:13 PM.

On the other hand, people can just stop banging douchebags and they'll be fine.

My position is that "rape" should mostly be used to refer to forcible penetration and that various degrees of unwanted sexual contact are various degrees of sexual assault. I think the in context implications are clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm sorry but I call bullshit, women can absolutely tell the difference between a dude wearing a condom and a guy not wearing one.
    My wife reports the same, although to be fair, probably not when you're black out drunk which is when 'stealthing' occurs.

I'm fairly certain it isn't a couple in a relationship or a married couple that are 'stealthing' its Sally the town bike and the random guy she choose to be her automatic dildo for the night

15+ Year Old Account
    "Survivors [of stealthing] describe..."

People should stop misusing the term "survivor" to mean anyone who has ever experienced anything bad.

On topic though, it's a horribly thing to do to someone and should definitely be prosecuted. Aside from potentially tricking someone into getting pregnant, you can also give them all sorts of serious diseases. Luckily there's no reason to believe this is a trend on this rise.

Something trending on Twitter doesn't mean it's become more severe in the real world.