Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Nope that's right. Warlocks are considered great leaders in some Horde groups, like Jubeka or Ted for instance. The truth is we need warlocks to help control and fight demons. The Alliance and Horde leaders recognize this but know their practice of fel magic can go wrong. Kanrethad.
    XD

There is actually a Great Warlock leader named TED ?! XD haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Human Death Knights: They didn't volunteer, none chose to become a DK. The whole reason they were initially accepted was a combination of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and being vouched for by Tirion. The latter more than the former.
    Orc Warlock: Gul'Dan is the reason they exist, they're all students of or students of students of Gul'Dan. I'm not entirely sure on the details but if I remember correctly they are tolerated due to their eventual help during WC 3. That and because Thrall is a softy who wants everybody to join hands and sing songs.
    Human Rogue: This one is just silly. Rogues are not just bandits, they are also spies and operatives. Ever heard of SI:7? Besides,

Along these lines you could say there no longer should be Human Mages (Medivh) or Priests (Archbishop Benedictus)
    Ehm that was sarcastic response to that guy, who said Draenei warlocks cant be playable because Kil'Jaeden..

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Draenei Warlocks could exist but they'd cease to be Draenei and would be killed on sight. If there is any stretch on lore for gameplay reasons here it's that Draenei work together with Warlocks from other races. I'd guess their stance on Demon Hunters might be more along the lines of pity as most Demon Hunters are born out of desperation and powerlessness, grasping at the very last possibly venue of retribution. They still won't like them though.
    Why draenei cease to be draenei when they become warlocks? Do orcs become fel orcs when they become warlocks?
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-04-29 at 09:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Why draenei cease to be draenei when they become warlocks? Do orcs become fel orcs when they become warlocks?
    Because orcs are a race. Draenei are a faction of eredar who are anti-warlock.

Deleted
    High Elves, Night Elves and Highborne also has an assorted history with fel-powered casters. It isn't exactly impossible to find out about demons for other casters... With the inquisitive and curious nature of gnomes it's a surprise there isn't a story of the gnomes first encounter with demons, followed by the words explosion... And with the goblins always searching for the next big explosion... That there isn't a story about their first encounter with demons and how that resulted in some sorta fel bomb is also a surprise.

That there are people who know about demons or are warlocks or another kind of fel-caster prior to orcs coming to Azeroth is not inconceivable, in fact it's quite likely. Actually it's pretty much confirmed there have been other fel-casters on Azeroth before the orcs came in the first war.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    XD

There is actually a Great Warlock leader named TED ?! XD haha
    ¨
    Tehd Shoemaker... You run into him all over Azsuna and other places on the Broken Isles together with a demon hunter named Marius.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I just want draenei rogue :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    I just want draenei rogue :|
    There's precedent with the Rangari, at least (stealthy, dual-wielding, primarily wear leather, work as scouts and saboteurs). With warlocks, right now there's no precedent for draenei eredar who take up using fel magic that haven't defected to the Legion and become man'ari--even the ones we see in Draenor all became disciples of Sargeras.

On-topic: Humans, dwarves, and gnomes are known for having a wide array of morals; human warlocks are mistrusted and work in secret, dwarf warlocks were taught by the Dark Irons who are known for being morally-shady, and gnome warlocks come in two flavors: embittered by the constant harassment for their size by the 'stupid, lesser' races, or super-curious bookworms learning about fel magic to better understand and combat it. Worgen warlocks come in the same flavor as human warlocks, seeing as how they're corrupted Gilneans; by the time you begin playing your Gilnean, however, you're in the middle of a crisis scenario and the warlocks are pulling their weight alongside everyone else, so they don't get much more than the occasional side-eye. Draenei and night elves have a much less flexible moral outlook, and pandaren culture on the Wandering Isle is pretty much antithetical to the sort of environment that would leave someone open to pursuing forbidden knowledge (and odds are good that forbidden knowledge simply doesn't exist on Shen-Zin Su in the first place).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    There's precedent with the Rangari, at least (stealthy, dual-wielding, primarily wear leather, work as scouts and saboteurs). With warlocks, right now there's no precedent for draenei eredar who take up using fel magic that haven't defected to the Legion and become man'ari--even the ones we see in Draenor all became disciples of Sargeras.

On-topic: Humans, dwarves, and gnomes are known for having a wide array of morals; human warlocks are mistrusted and work in secret, dwarf warlocks were taught by the Dark Irons who are known for being morally-shady, and gnome warlocks come in two flavors: embittered by the constant harassment for their size by the 'stupid, lesser' races, or super-curious bookworms learning about fel magic to better understand and combat it. Worgen warlocks come in the same flavor as human warlocks, seeing as how they're corrupted Gilneans; by the time you begin playing your Gilnean, however, you're in the middle of a crisis scenario and the warlocks are pulling their weight alongside everyone else, so they don't get much more than the occasional side-eye. Draenei and night elves have a much less flexible moral outlook, and pandaren culture on the Wandering Isle is pretty much antithetical to the sort of environment that would leave someone open to pursuing forbidden knowledge (and odds are good that forbidden knowledge simply doesn't exist on Shen-Zin Su in the first place).
    And then there's the draenei rogue you fight against as a rogue. Akaari Shadowgore or something like that.

Draenei rogue is the one thing I still don't get why we don't have as there's so much lore behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because orcs are a race. Draenei are a faction of eredar who are anti-warlock.
    Yes and night elves are anti-mage... oh right, cataclysm happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    And then there's the draenei rogue you fight against as a rogue. Akaari Shadowgore or something like that.

Draenei rogue is the one thing I still don't get why we don't have as there's so much lore behind them.
    They're a, pardon the unintentional pun, shoe-in for the next round of playable race/class combos, at this point. I'd also wager on night elf paladins with the Moonfangs' precedent (Delas in particular).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    night elves accepted the arcane back into their society, mostly.

and nelf mages dont require a new starting zone.

Formerly known as Arafal

Dont require a new starting zone? They are Shendralar from Dire Maul as i recall. I dont understand why is someone against cool race/class combos.. Draenei warlock is certainly more plausible than tauren paladin before cata.. Everything is up to blizzard, how they make their lore, but i dont see Draenei warlock as bending of lore.

Also Draenei and orc demon hunters are possible.. It always depends on individuals, it is pointless to look at the races as a whole.. IF they made Illidan good guy, then they could expand that lore, that he taught draenei and orcs to be demon hunters.
    You will bassicaly play as a broken draenei, who accepted gift of the fel which transforms you back to eredar (same as arakkoa in WoD were cured from their curse by accepting fel).
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-04-29 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    They're a, pardon the unintentional pun, shoe-in for the next round of playable race/class combos, at this point. I'd also wager on night elf paladins with the Moonfangs' precedent (Delas in particular).
    I certainly hope so. Draenei rogue would be enough for me to want to play again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont require a new starting zone? They are Shendralar from Dire Maul as i recall. I dont understand why is someone against cool race/class combos.. Draenei warlock is certainly more plausible than tauren paladin before cata.. Everything is up to blizzard, how they make their lore, but i dont see Draenei warlock as bending of lore.

Also Draenei and orc demon hunters are possible.. It always depends on individuals, it is pointless to look at the races as a whole..
    You can't really compare Night Elf Mages to Draenei Warlocks. We know the effects of Fel on Draenei that and considering how anti warlock they are it makes sense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to just assume you mean Darnassians. NElves never stopped being mages. Uh huh, mages fought on their side against the Legion and helped save Azeroth during the WotA. Also, Goldrinn protected the Shen'dralar. Darnassians' history with mages is mixed.

What happened with the Draenei? Oh right, they were hunted for 25k years by the warlocks because they rejected that power. Every Draenei who became a warlock, left the Draenei and joined the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Draenei and orc demon hunters are possible.. It always depends on individuals, it is pointless to look at the races as a whole.. IF they made Illidan good guy, then they could expand that lore, that he taught draenei and orcs to be demon hunters.
    You will bassicaly play as a broken draenei, who accepted gift of the fel which transforms you back to eredar (same as arakkoa in WoD were cured from their curse by accepting fel).
    The Shen'Dralar are from Dire Maul, the playable NElf mages are not Shen'Dralar. They are new mages being trained by the Highborne.

Draenei are not a race. They are a faction of eredar whose identity is about being anti-warlock. Any Draenei that becomes a warlock (has happened) stops being a Draenei.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-04-29 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can't really compare Night Elf Mages to Draenei Warlocks. We know the effects of Fel on Draenei that and considering how anti warlock they are it makes sense.
    In rogue campaign, you cooperate with eredar. Surprisingly he is aware of his actions and he isnt constantly speaking about destroying the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'm going to just assume you mean Darnassians. NElves never stopped being mages. Uh huh, mages fought on their side against the Legion and helped save Azeroth during the WotA. Also, Goldrinn protected the Shen'dralar. Darnassians' history with mages is mixed.

What happened with the Draenei? Oh right, they were hunted for 25k years by the warlocks because they rejected that power. Every Draenei who became a warlock, left the Draenei and joined the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

The Shen'Dralar are from Dire Maul, the playable NElf mages are not Shen'Dralar. They are new mages being trained by the Highborne.

Draenei are not a race. They are a faction of eredar whose identity about being anti-warlock. Any Draenei that becomes a warlock (has happened) stops being a Draenei.
    Yes you play as a darnassian, so i meant darnassians. They were against mages because they caused opening of the well of eternity for the Legion. I think it is pretty big deal, yet they let them in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you play as a darnassian, so i meant darnassians. They were against mages because they caused opening of the well of eternity for the Legion. I think it is pretty big deal, yet they let them in.
    ...the majority of mages fought against the Legion. Yes, the Darnassians feared mages, but they weren't driven from their homes and hunted by them for 25k years. Darnassians never had every new mage turn against them and join the Legion.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-04-29 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Give warlocks to draenei and tauren at this point. Some eredar have decided to help free their race from the legion and started teaching a new generation of draenei warlocks. The feltotem with the loss of their leadership and overall decline have decided to throw their lot in with the Horde, they start teaching tauren the arts of the warlock
    Neither of those situations require that though.
    Nothing is actually stopping Draenei from learning fel magic from a Human, aside from their own personal beliefs, so a Eredar suddenly showing up to teach them isn't going to suddenly change their mind. Same for Tauren.

You'd have to write it off as "You ARE the Eredar/Feltotem".

This is pointless. A lot of people said, that demon hunter will never be a thing, that they will never be accepted, that they are low in numbers... And yet, here we are, we play as a demon hunter, who is elite member of few demon hunters.. Blizzard is the one who makes lore. With all these retcons, i dont really see a problem to make lore, how draenei became warlocks.

Kind of different really...The level of hatred manifested in the different scenarios.

Prior to the war of the ancients the Draenei had already been founded and were being hunted to extinction across the void by the Eredar that took the Legion's deal. Those Draenei basically identify themselves as not corrupted and untainted by the fel. And for some reason every draenei that later goes through with the steps to practice fel magic also has to go on a mindless power trip killing everyone.

THe night elves and fel magics came to an understanding that the highborne elves were fucking insane/retarded and not just arcane users were to blame for the events that transpired. A few millenia of exile and people mellowed out and came together and realized... maybe the ability to toss fire from your fingers isn't so bad and mana bread tastes pretty good.... still made more sense than the night elves being buddy buddy with the guys they used as mobile arrow carriers and pincushions for no damn reason.

But anyways the ideological chasm between Draenei and the rest of the eredar is much deeper than any other rift between races and would need a retcon like what the Nathrezim and Lothraxion got JUST to clear things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pointless. A lot of people said, that demon hunter will never be a thing, that they will never be accepted, that they are low in numbers... And yet, here we are, we play as a demon hunter, who is elite member of few demon hunters.. Blizzard is the one who makes lore. With all these retcons, i dont really see a problem to make lore, how draenei became warlocks.
    I'd say most ppl here never argued the demon hunter would never be a thing so that isn't an argument. Yes Blizzard makes the lore but there are many things that are set in stone, not everything but many.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi