Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Maining in Holy worth it for PvE?

I'm looking for a new healer class and I was curious on how people like Progression and M+'s with a paladin healer and if you could rank top 3 heals right now what would they be?

Deleted
    resto druid ahead of resto druid and resto druid

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    resto druid ahead of resto druid and resto druid
    You seem to have forgotten resto druid. So i will suggest resto druid.

I love my holy paladin for M+, in raids most of the time our resto druid outshines me though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Almost all guilds run a holy paladin and a resto druid. Both are top tier choices. I also think resto shaman bring a lot to thee table in healer utility, not necessarily throughput.

As always holy paladin is in a very good spot for all activities.

I main a Paladin, but rolled a resto Druid for healing, and here's why:

Paladin's cannot be Resto Druids
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Deleted
    If you only care about meters, druid is the way to go. On he other hand, I wouldn't want to raid without a HPally, they are more or less the only good choice when it comes to tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtown24 View Post
    I'm looking for a new healer class and I was curious on how people like Progression and M+'s with a paladin healer and if you could rank top 3 heals right now what would they be?

If you want your tanks to live with minimal effort. Yes you want a holy paladin.

My ideal comp if 4 healing is:

Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Priest

Mistweavers are low on the chopping block because they have mana issues, and honestly some serious throughput issues. There are also very very few of them in the game right now.

Holy Paladin's do great at M+. I don't know how high you are looking to go but I know from personal experience the guild I am in regularly pushes +17s - +20s. When I stepped in for one of our regular druids the group was surprised how a holy paladin could so well.

As for raids my team should be 5/10 M this week and I consistently beat our our shaman and monk in healing, but I can never seem to beat out the druids.

TLDR: Holy paladins are in a great spot for all things PVE.
    Last edited by Timadin; 2017-04-25 at 11:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm inclined to agree with HPLathus. The 4 he listed are top contenders in just about any fight right now. Druids are the kings of throughput and raid healing. Hpal has some insane burst and an ability to tank heal/spot heal that is arguably second to none. No progression guild I know of lacks those 2. Resto shaman would be next most important on my list. Most groups run melee heavy making them slightly more appealing and their raid cooldowns can stabalize a raid in a way others cant. Holy priests seem to have some pretty stong raid healing as well but I personally haven't seen them do anything a druid cant do better... disc and mw are both so rare that it is hard to comment on them. Mw look like they need some help in regards to throughput and or mana efficiency and disc currently has really strong burst aoe heals but require high skill, lots of set up, and ideally well coordinated innervates to perform at their peak. Plus disc looks like its about to be gutted so I'd stay away at the moment...

The only con of Hpally in my opinion is that its about as boring as it gets. Shockadin helps but... in general it can get boring. I like it, but i know some players who want a bit more of a challenge.

Holy is in a good spot, but like Nuniqt said, it can be boring.

I personally have played holy for many years now, and suddenly feel like i want to reroll to shaman. (guess i miss my mace and shield lol)
    But i mean, for pve we are great, amazing burst, and every raid will have a spot for one or even two of them on certain fights.
    We also do great damage when it comes to M+ or even a raid boss where dps might matter more. ( i think we beat all heals in dps )

After maining a RSham for years I rolled an HPal and am really falling in love with the class.

I've really only used my HPal in 5 mans and they are a very solid choice. Yes Druids are better but do you always want to go to the best class? I actually don't like using the best class all the time and the other healing classes are pretty balanced and fun.

But to answer your question I think HPal is a great choice right now.

I main Hpally and currently doing M prog and we run with 2 rdruids and a holy priest, offspec shaman and Im usually top 3 being hpriest ontop then druid then me. Thats not to say I still get top heals on movement fights like trill due to our LoTM. It can be boring sometimes like in H or N but its completely fine when doing M prog. I usually do M+ as Holy to but its not that enjoyable and would prefer to go ret.

7+ Year Old Account
    VinnieHD and Nymrohd bring up great points as well about mythic raiding. Ive noticed that normal and heroic nighthold incoming damage feels so light that most of my hpal heals feel like overkill and my druid/shaman partners are moping it all up with hots and smart chain heals. I find that my healing is way more useful in mythic raiding where tanks are getting trucked and there is always a dps on the brink of death. Its kind of a numbers inflation game but hpally does shine when lots of damage is going out because we can bring our large single target spells to bear without the risk of overhealing.

Depending on the content, if you are a heroic raider (and there is no provlem with that), you might find another class more appealing/effective.

We do have the option to shockadin which is nice for those fights. I find i can pull reasonable damage (over 300k?) And then still blow healing cds for spike damage to help out. Its not fistweaving but its not as boring when doing *easier* content.

you also bring many positives to raids. Eg: Chrono u need devo aura (Mythic ) to survive power overwhelming as to counter the high damage, also when doing Krosus Sac Aura is the best in healing after soak and slam. So its also to keep tanks up but we bring alot of abilities to the raid which can help with the encounter. AoS is one of the best raid healing spells and can easily heal a whole raid to full if done right, devo is also amazing when there is high amounts of damaged to be soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnieHD View Post
    you also bring many positives to raids. Eg: Chrono u need devo aura (Mythic ) to survive power overwhelming as to counter the high damage, also when doing Krosus Sac Aura is the best in healing after soak and slam. So its also to keep tanks up but we bring alot of abilities to the raid which can help with the encounter. AoS is one of the best raid healing spells and can easily heal a whole raid to full if done right, devo is also amazing when there is high amounts of damaged to be soaked.

You don't need devo aura for mythic chrono. You can get away with it, but Aura of Sacrifice is a better option if you know how to use it.

90% of fights in mythic nighthold don't call for devo or sac. They call for mercy, it's more consistent throughput for the less burst fights.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure I'd agree. I think in the right hands sac is probably the most useful across nighthold. I agree devo isn't necessary but its not the worst tool in progression as 20% reduction raid wide is not a tool many others have. Mercy is never a bad option and its natute of fire and forget makes it easy to use, but a well timed and executed sac is an insanely powerful tool, not to mention stacking near tanks can provide them with some mitigation via transfer to you making the overall healing easier to accomplish.

Mercy is never bad but I think when used properly sac can have a better healing output and devo can blunt damage at the cutting edge of progression.

Not really mate sac is way better that mercy, if u know how to use it its way more beneficial to than mercy and i said devo because if u push it liek our guild does we use devo so that we can go further than guilds who dont have devo which technically we spend more time in fast phase

Deleted
    real difficult to press 2 buttons as much as possible within an 8 sec window

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In Mythic raiding (and honestly if doing Heroic raiding without overgearing it) a holy paladin keeps your tanks up like nothing else. Nighthold has several bosses that hit like trucks.
    what's a druid