Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Meanwhile, I have more than a thousand eggs on freaking Rowlet, and it still refuses to hatch...

I decided that I will breed for it again when its hidden ability is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokémon Sun & Moon - Battle Competition

Registration for the next Battle Competition has begun. This is the 2017 International Challenge April competition. This is a Double Battle competition using VGC 2017 rules requiring the Alola Pokédex only. Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna, Necrozma and Zygarde are not allowed. Mega Stones are also not allowed. Registration will be open from April 19th at 00:00 UTC to April 27th 23:59 UTC and battles will run from April 28th to April 30th. All entrants will get the Sceptilite, Blazikenite and Swampertite Mega Stones. Players that are part of the Play! Pokémon program will also earn Championship Points if they rank high enough.

Finaly some usefull megastones.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Moved and had a lot of real life things going on, that kept me from playing most any game. Finally got around to getting Moon.

Absolutely loving it. Decently challenging without looking up any spoilers, my son is playing Sun and has found it pretty hard but fun. Ended up with a really big fighting weakness, A-Rattata, A-Meowth, Magnemite, and A-Diglett. So the first Kuahna absolutely wrecked me.

My one and only complaint is the starters. I've always found at least one starter I like, and I like Litten but... that third evolution. No thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Made a random Showdown name and got up to 1400 in random battles. Was pretty fun, but I had the single greatest play I've ever made I think.

My Gorebyss vs my Opponents Mewtwo Y to start.

Just drop a prayer on substitute. He uses something and misses. I shellsmash he destroys my sub. Baton Pass to Metagross, promptly go Mega with a Shell Smash stat boost and sweep everything.

Gonna be honest, I haven't played SuMo since January. I just got bored of it after grinding the battle tree for so long. Haven't even transferred in my pokemon from gen 6. What are you guys doing these days that keeps you playing? Shiny hunting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Gonna be honest, I haven't played SuMo since January. I just got bored of it after grinding the battle tree for so long. Haven't even transferred in my pokemon from gen 6. What are you guys doing these days that keeps you playing? Shiny hunting?
    Mostly just getting into a game and trowing pokemon into tree to lvl up. And egg hatching for shiny from time to time.
    I have quite a few inperfect shinys that still need fixing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokémon games lack casual longevity. After you beat the game, only thing you can really do is (competive) PvP, and that's a saltmine.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Well locally a hobby shop started a weekly pokemon battle in addition to their friday night magic and pokemon tcg night. Compete and you get cards for the pokemon tcg, and my son has had a blast doing it so I've been helping him breed and just play SuMo in general since I'm still new to this generation. This past week was a monotype round robin tournament. He drew bug which worked for us since we had plenty available from Gen 6. He didn't win but went 4-3 losing to normal mono, flying mono and rock mono. He beat Poison, Fire (arachnid put in work), Electric and Ghost.

why would i keep playing pokemon when i havent finished breath of the wild.

I finished my living dex for gen 7 theres no point in playing until stars comes out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I took a break beginning of the year so am still in the process of completing the alola dex. I do miss the restaurant battles in X/Y for faster leveling but oh well...

Yeah I've been struggling to enjoy them. Not interested in pvp/battle tree so there's no reason to pick it up.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo 2DS XL
    A new model of Nintendo 2DS has been announced by Nintendo. This model is the New Nintendo 2DS XL and will release in Japan on July 13th, Australia on June 15th and Europe & North America on July 28th. This device is the same size as a Nintendo 3DS XL but comes at a cheaper price, lacking the stereoscopic 3DS feature of the Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS models, but also includes amiibo functionality, stronger processor and the right stick that you can find in the New Nintendo 3DS models. It'll retail for 14,980¥ and $149.99 upon release.

Not all too sure what to think of this, what about you guys?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Not all too sure what to think of this, what about you guys?
    Cheaper model as a last Swang Song of a outgoing hardware. It's similar to GBA Micro and Wii mini that their successors were already on the market when these last revisions were released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt I didn't explore the game well enough. So I started a new game, and named all my pokemon relevant Fairy Tail characters. Turns out, nah, not really, there wasn't really anything I missed the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Cheaper model as a last Swang Song of a outgoing hardware. It's similar to GBA Micro and Wii mini that their successors were already on the market when these last revisions were released.
    There was a Wii Mini? I remember the GBA Micro, but no Wii Mini. But anyway, you raise a good point.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    I took a break beginning of the year so am still in the process of completing the alola dex. I do miss the restaurant battles in X/Y for faster leveling but oh well...
    Just to follow up, got plenty spares HA Dratini and HA Eevee all in love balls and carefull eevee in the luxury ball (for umbreaon) if anyone would want some.

That really depends if they plan to replace 3DS/2DS after all or not. They claimed several times that switch isn't a replacement for their handheld line. I know that doesn't have to mean much but considering they're gonna release the new 2DS xl might confirm that.

For me it's a good step, finally a reason why to get 2DS. The old one wasn't bad but the design was just meh and the display felt really small in compare to 3DS. Plus at least for me it wasn't that comfortable to play with either. So thumbs up for the new one, especially if they put IPS panels into them like they did with N3DSXL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    That really depends if they plan to replace 3DS/2DS after all or not. They claimed several times that switch isn't a replacement for their handheld line. I know that doesn't have to mean much but considering they're gonna release the new 2DS xl might confirm that.

For me it's a good step, finally a reason why to get 2DS. The old one wasn't bad but the design was just meh and the display felt really small in compare to 3DS. Plus at least for me it wasn't that comfortable to play with either. So thumbs up for the new one, especially if they put IPS panels into them like they did with N3DSXL.
    3DS is ancient machine at this point. Sure it has huge library of games, but the hardware is weak and outdated. Nintendo should really be looking at the next step for their handheld market. Releasing smaller Switch with controllers fixed to the machine would be perfect fit to fully replace 3DS line.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I felt I didn't explore the game well enough. So I started a new game, and named all my pokemon relevant Fairy Tail characters. Turns out, nah, not really, there wasn't really anything I missed the first time.
    Ya I can't help but feel like SuMo was a big let down. I was tired of it after that 2 hour slogfest of a tutorial first island

I got SuMo as a self Christmas present, beat it in a week or so, and have barely touched it except to update my living dex with Alola Pokemon.

I'm not sure what it was but it just didn't hold my attention. Every other Pokemon game prior has kept me sucked in for countless hours after, whether it be ranked battles, collecting, post game, or even Showdown. But this gen I just can't find myself giving a fuck. Even the normal game play through just felt like a slogging my way through at times.

I was impressed by the new Pokemon, the characters being likable, and the heavier RPG vibe but still never felt that attachment or willingness to continue playing once I was done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Simpsons EP 600 was hilarious.

3DS is ancient machine at this point. Sure it has huge library of games, but the hardware is weak and outdated. Nintendo should really be looking at the next step for their handheld market. Releasing smaller Switch with controllers fixed to the machine would be perfect fit to fully replace 3DS line.
    I do agree. And hopefully they're already working on a replacement, though I doubt we'll see it this or next year. I thought you meant the platform was dead. Truth to be said depends how much improved it can be. Sure, they could put better HW inside, full HD display and what not. However then they'll face a problem all mobile devices have these days - batter life. Better HW will have bigger energy consumption and the battery will last less. Just look at switch. Or mobiles. And I'm not sure if having better handheld with battery life of 2 hrs would be a win.