Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    winterspring is mostly unchanged, moonglade is completely unchanged (from a non druid perspective) its still got nothing to do, silithus is almost the same as it was, the mini holiday changed it the most. arathi highlands is mostly the same aswell

some dungeons are still the same, uldaman, razorfen kraul/downs, maraudon, black rock depths, lower black rock spire
    diremaul is mostly the same, just level retuned.

then theres the battlegrounds, warsong gulch, arathi basin and their associated reputations are still the worst grind in wow.

i think thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    years and years of taking candle!!!
    I'm amazed we haven't had a Kobold expansion yet. Premise would be perfect.

"The Kobolds are finally pissed off with you taking their candles after 13 years and have merged their alliances with the Snobolds of Northrend".

World of Warcraft: STOP TAKING CANDLE!

Revamped Eastern Kingdoms and Northrend. ICC is overrun by Kobolds and renamed "Koboldcrown Citadel"
    Level cap increased to 120
    All Eastern Kingdom dungeons revamped with either a Kobold or Candle theme.
    New race. Kobold. Some Kobolds and Snobolds have broken away from their tyrannical race and have joined the Alliance and Horde as a new neutral race.
    New Profession. Waxsmith.
    4 new zones. All Kobold themed.
    Max level zone themed around Candles.
    Final boss is "Mister Candlestick-Maker"
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-29 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsboll View Post
    the raids, BWL MC and AQ are as far as i can tell completely unchanged.
    and aq got changed to aq20 to aq10 afaik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    People that keep complaining how much better vanilla was.
    ^pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm amazed we haven't had a Kobold expansion yet. Premise would be perfect.

"The Kobolds are finally pissed off with you taking their candles after 13 years and have merged their alliances with the Snobolds of Northrend".

World of Warcraft: STOP TAKING CANDLE!

Revamped Eastern Kingdoms and Northrend. ICC is overrun by Kobolds and renamed "Koboldcrown Citadel"
    Level cap increased to 120
    All Eastern Kingdom dungeons revamped with either a Kobold or Candle theme.
    New race. Kobold. Some Kobolds and Snobolds have broken away from their tyrannical race and have joined the Alliance and Horde as a new neutral race.
    New Profession. Waxsmith.
    4 new zones. All Kobold themed.
    Max level zone themed around Candles.
    Final boss is "Mister Candlestick-Maker"
    I'd preorder that so hard!!!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VolksDK View Post
    This is all actually pretty interesting to hear, I didn't know about the vehicle thing. I guess that's why the first fight of Ulduar is so vehicle focused?
    No that would be the last boss in The Oculus, Malygos fight & Intructor Razuvious in Naxx (10 / 25) where it was first introduced

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valsharia View Post
    winterspring is mostly unchanged, moonglade is completely unchanged (from a non druid perspective) its still got nothing to do,
    There is an entire holiday that takes place in MoonGlade. The other thing that changed is the new dragon to take us into Hyjal for the first time. Also, we lost all of our class quests when they made class trainers obsolete by adding auto-learned spells. Personally, I miss meeting with the bear spirit, or having to dive to the bottom of the lake without dying for my aquatic form quest. Compared to what it was in TBC, Moonglade is very different.

Deleted
    I hope they add vanilla timewalking for raids that newer players missed

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VolksDK View Post
    I hope they add vanilla timewalking for raids that newer players missed
    They'll be letting players timewalk and kill the original world bosses in 7.2.5-Dragons of nightmare, Kruul and Azuregos.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Arathi Basin and Warsong gulch.

Deleted
    Dustwallow Marsh - While the goblin town got added later, much of the zone is still in its Classic view.
    Arathi Highlands - besides Trollbane being turned undead and his new little camp next to Alterac/Hillsbrad, the zone is the same.
    Silithus - while the zone got an update with the whole Shifting Sands patch, it was not updated since.

These are the only zones still mostly similar (90%) to Classic.

Now, on to quests they forgat about:
    In Darkshore, at the south-eastern edge, next to Ashenvale but in a ravine, there's a random night elf archer. This was from a Classic quest, which she still gives. They forgat her there even if there's another instance of her.
    Stormwind - the little "town" quests to get a wine and take the sewing supplies to a boy still exist.

There could be others but I can't remember now. some questlines are similar but altered. For example, the whole Darkshire abomination thing, that was there in Classic too, but less interactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Most of the Quests are the same (like 80% perhaps), but almost all endzone Quests are new with cata (vehicle combat did not exist in vanilla, nor did any of those Quests where you fly and throw bombs on mobs).

In terms of quests the zones havent changed to much but the order you get the quests and the overall flow of the zone is changed alot. Also many zones got new visuals.

Dustshallow marsh and Silithus are indeed probably the two least changed zones.
    Have you even been playing Classic? I mean, if you mean that quests aren't changed in the way that you're still doing the whole collect/kill thing, sure, but in new zones most (like 90% of quests) are different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Warsong Gulch had the graveyard at the same level as the upper level originally, so you could ress and run to protect your flag directly or run around if your team was spawn-farmed. That was changed. For a battleground so small, that's a huge change.

Nearly all of Elwynn Forest is the same, Teldrassil is mostly the same, A good 2/3rds of the dwarf starting zone is the same though the gnomes got their own 1-5 zone now which they once shared with dwarves, as orcs and trolls shared the same starting zone.

Cant speak for Mulgore but it seems mostely unchanged, Tristfal got a moderatley big facelift though some of its origional quests are still there in a new form. Durotan got a moderate change after the first 1-7 experience.

Winterspring is largely the same, unphased by time.

The memes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    Wailing Caverns intact? It's like half the size it used to be. They removed the entire right hand side labyrinth bit.

Current: https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...9bd85f9dadb3c8
    Old: https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...73057a897c3dc9
    Whoops meant uh... Blackfathom Deeps. I knew Wailing Caverns had been updated to remove the confusing section but I always get those two dungeon names confused. If I'm looking at the maps correctly, nothing was changed to the dungeon layout, they simply added the whole... Twilight's Hammer/Old Gods thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    .... Wailing Caverns has been changed with since Vanilla.......
    Got the name confused with Blackfathom Deeps lel. Been doing that since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Have you even been playing Classic? I mean, if you mean that quests aren't changed in the way that you're still doing the whole collect/kill thing, sure, but in new zones most (like 90% of quests) are different.
    Your in the same place, killing the same kind of mobs for the same quest items, in most of the quests. The strucutre is change d but the quests themselves are mostly the same (except for the places where entirely new stuff have appeared. Its like 1 Qline per zone that revolve around some new landmark brought on by the cataclysm.

If 90% of the quest you are doing is new then i wonder if youve played vanilla.

IN elwyn forest we still kill wolfs, we kill kobolds, we kill bandits, we light out fires, thats a new one!, we kill a fucking pig called princess, we go into a mine and kill kobolds, loot their candles and kill a named cobold. We kill hog... oh wait, we dont, we send him to jail.. mybad that ones changed very slightly. But we do collect the bandanas from the surrounding mobs. We kill murlocs for clams and we run to the logging camp where we are tasked with killing cats and bears aswell as loot a footlocker around some more murlocs. The Q to collect lumber is new thou, also the Q to kill some bandit casters in a ring.

So all in all id say 80% old Qs and 20% new ones for that zone at least.
    You claim that overall 90% of quests are new is bogus, name me one zone that has 90% new quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    People that keep complaining how much better vanilla was.
    Most of which are bandwagon sheep who never experienced it themselves

It wasn't THAT Great lol. I MUCH prefer the faster leveling process probably my #1 on the list of things > Vanilla
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graphics models and textures changed a bit, but what changed the most is gameplay.

Back in TBC corpse running was alot slower in comprasion to WOTLK (back in WOTLK corpse-running was increased) and in Cataclysm corpse running speed was increased even more.

Being ganked or dying in TBC wasnt 30sec corpse run like now, it literally was taking about 2-4mins so people was taking World PVP way more seriusly.

Also mobs was hitting playerers alot harder pre WOTLK, and sometimes you had to carefully aggro only certain mobs without aggroing whole pack to avoid dying on low level char.
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Warsong Gulgh actually was revamped couple of times in last expansions, back in TBC there was big cliff close to graveyard.

BACKPACK!!!

That old satchel will outlive the universe let alone WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The only other zones I can think of that really didn't change was Silithus, which mostly remains intact today (which leads me to believe that it actually has potential to be made into something else at some point)
    Silithus had about three quarters of the quests removed in Cataclysm. And all the wind stones were disabled.

Blizzard never explained why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Most of which are bandwagon sheep who never experienced it themselves

It wasn't THAT Great lol. I MUCH prefer the faster leveling process probably my #1 on the list of things > Vanilla
    Then we like the exact opposite thing. I always liked the leveling process where it took some time to complete a quest, it has always been the main game to me. Stuff like raiding was just something to do once you were done, but I preferred to just level another character or work on my professions. Its also why I prefer the old zones and questing over the new ones, even though the new ones are much better narratively driven with some better mechanics.