Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    on the bright side...Thor actually looks like he'll be somewhat viable in this game.......

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    And they think Modern Marvel AKA "what do you mean our constant events to push movie ticket sales are killing interest, it must be the sexist mysogynerds!" will allow them to take space away from the inevitable MCU forced in shit like guardians of the galaxy to be meme characters?

But hey maybe we get the all new Magneto whos the holocaust survivor turned nazi? that modern Marvel writings got legs for minutes!
    I was honestly trying to get back into western comics before all this shit started happening, you know?

Heh, remember when people complained about the whole Marvel Vampires shit, saying that was a terrible event with bad writing? Man, if they knew what they were in for down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I was honestly trying to get back into western comics before all this shit started happening, you know?

Heh, remember when people complained about the whole Marvel Vampires shit, saying that was a terrible event with bad writing? Man, if they knew what they were in for down the road...
    Oh western comics are fine, Marvel is just in the shitter and deep in it too. Theres some fascinating articles with interviews from comic stores saying that their sudden shift in art direction to "be more manga like" and bringing in a bunch of inexperienced writers that replaced all characters personalities with their own personal political soapboxing both drove away existing customers and barely brought in new ones. The tumblr tier writers started going "well that just shows those old white men need to get out of the way of the right side of history" but in recent months even they have gone over to a stance of "i hear fans say they read my comics on tumblr and how am i supposed to eat when none of them buy the books?!?" and that comes down to comics that push away the people buying them and dont bring in new folks bar the odd tween buying one offs like ms marvel and even those suffered dramatically from yet another renumbering event.
    They turned their entire media empire into tie in adverts for movies and the actual socjus writers -the real deal not the go to boogeyman- end up being, as usual, closet bigots out for a bias agenda like most socjus writers with more faces than the town hall clock. They just had to fire one muslim writer for example for making sure jewish character kitty pride was surrounded by a bunch of elements from religious text in the background currently used as anti semitic propaganda in the middle east which they snuck in without telling anybody. Moment they were fired they started talking about "the jews at disney" which goes to show 9/10 people in the socjus clique are bigots in disguise riding a gravy train of naive but wistfully well meaning audiences till they slip up.
    Unfortunately for Marvel this is not rants on twitter or tumblr but their product which people stopped buying. Because its very easy to just read Image, Dark Horse or to a lesser extent the few solid DC titles and just avoid this painful white noise echoe chamber of cringe altogether. Good for the consumer bad for Marvel.
    Now they are pulling a 180 with this "legacy return to the meat and potatos" desperation move while stating "maybe our bigoted customers hate diversity" and hoo boy did that do them no favours.

But at least it was nice to see an almost unanimous social media reaction for once of "Maybe its the constant events to shill movies and renumbering you do every 5 months and not one of a dozen spidermen being black thats ruining you?" even in the modern age of binary tribalism us vs them as the norm you still get suits in marketing saying something so dumb everyone agrees now and then

But strangely marvel seems to be going full bioware with this idea that token characters -and lets be honest some of them are pure token characters, for every Miles or Kamala you have characters like femthor existing as strange criticism barriers- no more sincere or caring than the "HELLO THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WE ARE MEETING I AM TRANS, I AM TELLING YOU THIS BECAUSE THIS IS HOW TRANS PEOPLE ACT RATHER THAN AS NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS LIKE REAL LIFE BEEP BOOP PLEASE DONT LET EA CONSUME US BEEP BOP BOOP THIS MAKES US ALLIES PRAISE US BOP BEEP" in recent bioware games- and are an attempt at complete deflection for all of the god awful writing and eventshit critcism which has no basis on if a character has a dick or vagina or sexual preference.

Strange thing is people at large finally got so tired they arent scared of the "if we call them sexist/bigots then its a rallying cry for free brand defence online and then the consumer will be afraid of social media backlash and stay silent so we appear succesful!" faux witchunts companies like bioware,white wolf and now marvel use to silence valid criticism anymore and its only their sales that suffer since there is plenty of independent comics in the west still very much worth looking into and supporting.

They are currently in a huge shitshow. They 'massaged the worldbuilding' to get rid of x men -ironically their earliest allegory for mistreatment of minorities and the fight for civil rights- to spite foxes film sales which only harmed them, they got rid of all their classic characters for a time which only harmed them, they outright insulted the consumers they want back which only harmed them and its gotten so bad with the MCU tie ins even a marvel vs capcom is being expected by many to be utterly devoid of beloved characters like the x men and just another marketing vector characters like rocket raccoon nobody cared about before the movies made them meme characters they use as company mascots to remind people to buy movie tickets. Which only harms them.
    They've had to give talks to their investors and distributors about it lately and things look pretty grim for Marvel, not 2000 era pre sam raimi spidey flicks "are they going bankrupt" grim but they are on a decline i can only compare in videogame terms to the xbone after the monstrous success of the xbox 360.

Its cringe and its entirely their own fault but never let the shitshow of marvel dissuade you from asking your local comic book stores about the fantastic indie publications coming out in the west which sadly get ignored for "EVENT THAT ALTERS THE UNIVERSE AGAIN TO FIT THE NEXT PHASE OF MARVEL MOVIES. AGAIN" books that have only led to consumer fatigue.

Some of them even include minorities. As people and not tumblr quote bots. Imagine that! minorities as people in comics!

/simpsonscomicbooknerdvoice
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-04-29 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post
    Poor Chun.
    Yeah, she looks really odd in MvC, especially her lower leg from that picture. Not sure why they're not reusing her SF 5 model - It's much better looking and allows them to reuse a lot of her content from SF 5 to cut some corners. It's not as if a game from 2016 is horrendously dated by "modern" standards or anything. Sure, people might call them out for it, but at least it looks a hell of a lot better than this model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, Iron Fist was in Ultimate MvC 3 already, and he was a pretty interesting character overall, so I don't see why they wouldn't bring him back.
    I'm sure they'll include him - Only as a DLC character when his Netflix show is due for another Season so they can piggyback on the free publicity. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do the same with all DLC characters and release them to coincide with a Movie/Show so they can capitalise on the added interest in said superhero/villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it and fighting games in general peaked on the Dreamcast, which was basically a home version of the arcade games.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultron looks a bit overpowered....

Also Chris redfield? Does that technically mean Marvel characters could meet t-virus zombies?...

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Eh, it and fighting games in general peaked on the Dreamcast, which was basically a home version of the arcade games.
    lol no, fighting games peaked in the 09-present era with SFIV and Marvel 3 in particular bringing out the biggest audiences the FGC has ever seen. Even smash didn't take off much until the capcom gen 7 fighters grew tournaments to astronomical levels.

In the dreamcast era fighting games where relegated to dying arcades and bingo halls for tournaments. It's now in massive convention centers and arenas. You should look up the definition of the word "peak".

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You know what I want to see in a Capcom vs game? Some MALE members of the Darkstalkers cast. Demitri, Jedah, John Talbain, Lord Raptor, lots of good choices.

Just anyone BUT Donovan. Fuck that guy.
    Lord Raptor and BB Hood are my top choices for Darkstalkers for sure. Morrigan's nice and all but I wouldn't complain if I never saw her again, tbh. She gets way more coverage than necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol no, fighting games peaked in the 09-present era with SFIV and Marvel 3 in particular bringing out the biggest audiences the FGC has ever seen. Even smash didn't take off much until the capcom gen 7 fighters grew tournaments to astronomical levels.

In the dreamcast era fighting games where relegated to dying arcades and bingo halls for tournaments. It's now in massive convention centers and arenas. You should look up the definition of the word "peak".

Fighting games quit making sense post DC era.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-04-29 at 10:50 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Fighting games quit making sense post DC era.
    MKX: 5 million sold
    Smash 4: 8 mil sold
    SFV: 1.5 mil sold

Injustice 2 and Marvel Infinite both expected to sell over 2 mil. Tekken 7 should easily break 1 mil in it's first month.

Yea, it quit making sense to make all these million seller fighting games. Must have also quit making sense to have tournaments on ESPN, CW and TBS oh wait... they didn't have those during the dreamcast.

10+ Year Old Account
    MKX: 5 million sold
    Smash 4: 8 mil sold
    SFV: 1.5 mil sold

Injustice 2 and Marvel Infinite both expected to sell over 2 mil. Tekken 7 should easily break 1 mil in it's first month.
    Yea, it quit making sense to make all these million seller fighting games. Must have also quit making sense to have tournaments on ESPN, CW and TBS oh wait... they didn't have those during the dreamcast.
    Selling well to me doesn't mean it's well into its prime, I'm mostly talking about when a fighting game made you go "WOW". Also factor in I don't know the amount sold of previous fighting games from older generations.

I see that as being a different fanbase though.

The original fighting fanbase loved it for the gameplay, graphics, gore, fighting with bros.

The post DC/GC/PS2 era fanbase is all about looking cool at tournaments or seeming like a badass more than fun.

The enigma is the Smash fanbase, I don't know how to categorize them as technically don't actual Smash fans refer to the game as being its own genre ?

I think one of the better examples would be MK post SNES era.

When I see 'Tekken 7' I'm numb to it, if this was 1998 my reaction would be TEKKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually do have a friend that's obsessed with fighting games because he likes to compete and has gone to EVO once (never won I think), but all he cares about is winning, not fun.

You can probably tl'dr this as 'Oldschool fans played for fun and the experience, the new generation plays to be famous'

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

Also Chris redfield? Does that technically mean Marvel characters could meet t-virus zombies?...

Chris was in 3 with Wesker and Jill...I kinda expect Wesker to come back in this game

..and if you want Overpowered you should see Vergil in MVC3

Deleted
    Some star gladiator characters would be cool

15+ Year Old Account
    I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!

Seriously though, I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!

No Juggernaut, no go for me. Sucks how much Capcom loves that character and wants to put him in, but Marvel can only CBA if their characters are sucking movie and merchandising dick.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

The original fighting fanbase loved it for the gameplay, graphics, gore, fighting with bros.
    You definitely didn't play in arcades in the 90s.

The post DC/GC/PS2 era fanbase is all about looking cool at tournaments or seeming like a badass more than fun.
    Uhh, fighting games have always been about head to head competition.

The enigma is the Smash fanbase, I don't know how to categorize them as technically don't actual Smash fans refer to the game as being its own genre ?
    You got it wrong, it's a large portion of the fgc that doesn't accept smash. Smash scene very much wants to be recognized as a fighting game, hence their large push that got them at major fgc events such as Evo, CEO and Final Round.

When I see 'Tekken 7' I'm numb to it, if this was 1998 my reaction would be TEKKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody is trying to argue or care about your opinion. Your generalized statements are false. That is all.

I actually do have a friend that's obsessed with fighting games because he likes to compete and has gone to EVO once (never won I think), but all he cares about is winning, not fun.

You can probably tl'dr this as 'Oldschool fans played for fun and the experience, the new generation plays to be famous'
    Never won Evo? What a scrub, I mean it's so damn easy to win Evo amirite? Not even sure what you're trying to prove with this comment, there was literally near 10k people who competed at evo last year and won jack shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You definitely didn't play in arcades in the 90s.
    I did, but for fun. It was just a few people standing around a machine playing the winner.

Uhh, fighting games have always been about head to head competition.
    I'm not arguing that,

You got it wrong, it's a large portion of the fgc that doesn't accept smash. Smash scene very much wants to be recognized as a fighting game, hence their large push that got them at major fgc events such as Evo, CEO and Final Round.
    This is what I wasn't sure about. My friend that went to EVO is mostly obsessed with Smash.

Nobody is trying to argue or care about your opinion. Your generalized statements are false. That is all.
    Well technically you are, and vice versa to you.

Never won Evo? What a scrub, I mean it's so damn easy to win Evo amirite? Not even sure what you're trying to prove with this comment, there was literally near 10k people who competed at evo last year and won jack shit.
    You misunderstood.

I don't know much about EVO except for what I watched the day he was there and what he's told me. I know he went there, waited in line, fought someone and lost and never even appeared on the stream so he must have lost some super low level entry match or something like that. He then just enjoyed the rest of the trip. Mentioning it probably seems weird, but I thought it helped my point of view as he really only seems to be into Smash since he thinks other fighting games haven't made sense in a long time. Your point of view is that he's not even playing a fighting game, apparently.

Again, this is all my point of view/subjective opinion, I never acted like it was fact.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-04-30 at 01:31 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.. I've been hoping for an actual RPG or Action adventure game of MvC. Thought this may have been it.

Yet just another boring fighting game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

Chris was already in MvC3. So probably.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Sigh.. I've been hoping for an actual RPG or Action adventure game of MvC. Thought this may have been it.

Yet just another boring fighting game.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris was already in MvC3. So probably.
    I get it, but it's rude to expect a franchise to change genre because you don't like it. The fans should be put first.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I get it, but it's rude to expect a franchise to change genre because you don't like it. The fans should be put first.
    Oh, I don't expect them to change Genre, I'd just like to see something Marvel V Capcom that wasn't the Fighting game. Since nearly all the characters in said fighting game come from RPG/Action adventure games. Would be nice to see those characters doing stuff like that together.

Dante and Thor joining forces to take down Hel. Cap' America and Chris Redfield going on a Covert Mission to stop Wesker and Red Skull from making an army of T-Virus Hydra agents.

The possibilities would be endless and awesome.

And I know you say the Fans should be put first, But I am a fan of literally all of those characters. Just not so much the genre anymore.