Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    To be fair the dragons in WoW are all poorly voice acted. Or maybe Dragon Soul just ruined talking dragons for me.
    Since they changed Theralion's voice I have to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    That could also work in more or less the same way. Only reason I thought Future was that we already kind of did the "go to the past" thing with Draenor, and it might get a more hostile reaction. But personally I'd love to see either.
    "BUT THERES NO STAKES111"

That's something you can expect if we ever time travel.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "BUT THERES NO STAKES111"

That's something you can expect if we ever time travel.
    Unfortunately people are a bit too dense, yeah
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That would be true if we did not have an example of a Bronze Dragon using external means to regain some form of that power. (Kairozdormu)

Murozond STILL has to go back in time to stop his past self from going to the past, otherwise we'd have an unstable time loop in the MU, which cannot happen. Additionally, if Nozdormu cannot become Murozond, the death he was shown by the Titans cannot come to pass, in which case he would not know that is how he dies as he'd have been shown his true death.

The logical explanation is someone in the future corrupts Nozdormu, possibly with a similar manner to that which Kairoz used to access alternate-Draenor. This allows him to still become Murozond and mess with the past.

And to add to this even moreso - We just had a prime example of a powerful time wizard in canon that was a main boss. (Elisande) Can you see where this could possibly be going in terms of the future of the game?
    All of this could also not happen, after all, the futures elisande forsaw never came to pass because we created a new timeline... ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yet Nozdormu bound all timelines at the death of Deathwing and then loses most of his power, that means that all timelines should lead to that event (Deathwing dying) and after that event in all timelines Nozdormu has lost the majority of his power (and thus can probably never become Murozond any more)
    Unfortunately Nozdormu's binding all timelines into the defeat of Deathwing *requires* him to become Murozond, from my understanding of the events. We use the Dragon Soul artifact attained from the past to defeat Deathwing (the event being bound). This was only possible by defeating Murozond so that the timeways became clear and stable enough to travel - that event must occur in the relative timeline for us to retrieve the Dragon Soul from its timeline, defeat Deathwing, and then return it to the flow of time. Nozdormu says as much himself at the close of the End Time dungeon - he *will* become Murozond in the future, and we along with Nozdormu's aid in the relative present will go back to defeat him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Not really, Her voice acting comes off as a Gnome who can go through time, not a dragon that decided to take gnome form.
    But she has always been that way though as far as I recall. I've always found it endearing and that she's a bit of an airhead due to all the chronomancy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    We've also confirmed that infinite dragons are still very much alive and well - They helped Kairoz spirit Garrosh away to start WoD. Meaning: The Infinite Dragon storyline has yet to come to pass, and will eventually come up.
    I'm getting a pretty strong feeling that the infinite dragonflight is going to be tied to the void in some way. Their appearance would be pretty fitting for it at the very least.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well even if they make Chromie a member of the Infinite Dragonflight someday, I feel like we would work with her normal good-hearted past self to try and fix things, so there would be no reason to despair if "evil Chromie" ever came about!

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    All of this could also not happen, after all, the futures elisande forsaw never came to pass because we created a new timeline... ^^
    I don't think we created a new anything. I bet the explanation is just that somebody else clouded her mind/ability to see the timeline where we outsiders came in and won. The legion was already there and making threats so I assume it wouldn't be that hard to manipulate such things.

lets quote me a tiny kid (in the vid we all know) talking about the nyan cat video: "shes sooo adooorable!"

it seems chromie is for "so cuuuute"-women or kids. maybe they should have a niche too.

personally i just want to kill that fukin poop gnome. but even more i want to kill that blizz writers that cant do differentiated voice text and lore by designing her a dragon AND a cute illusion for non-dragons. or in short: hell, became wow a superficial, lame, cheap shit crap game.

the more they kill of that unimaginative, onesided, cliche characters, the more happy i am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    lets quote me a tiny kid (in the vid we all know) talking about the nyan cat video: "shes sooo adooorable!"

it seems chromie is for "so cuuuute"-women or kids. maybe they should have a niche too.

personally i just want to kill that fukin poop gnome. but even more i want to kill that blizz writers that cant do differentiated voice text and lore by designing her a dragon AND a cute illusion for non-dragons. or in short: hell, became wow a superficial, lame, cheap shit crap game.

the more they kill of that unimaginative, onesided, cliche characters, the more happy i am.
    I think the words are English, but I do not understand....

The Heroes of the Storm trailer showed us there are many Chromies, including evil ones.

I want to see a expansion focused on the Infinite Dragonflight where you team up with all the Chromies to fight Infinite Chromie, a 'Infinity War' so to speak.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    The Heroes of the Storm trailer showed us there are many Chromies, including evil ones.

I want to see a expansion focused on the Infinite Dragonflight where you team up with all the Chromies to fight Infinite Chromie, a 'Infinity War' so to speak.
    So basicaly this but lame...

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

it would help you to make legitimate criticisms to

-Realize that while certain themes may be aimed at certain demographics they are expected to gain favor among people it is not aimed for. For example because of the Warcraft movie which was aimed at people who like actiony over the top movies, now regardless of if they will ever interact with warcraft more, there are millions of dads, moms, cousins and even kids who now know "of" warcraft, know what an orc is and can reference it. I dont understand how one can dislike Chromie's character unless you are just really jaded. I mean there are real life people who have more "annoying" voices than hers so it makes me unconfortable to think that you might aim unnecessary hate at such a person. If anything i think its a great interesting character. Chromie never for a second doubts her ability or suggests she might not be the most powerful person in the room. She's a freaking time dragon. where she doubts herself is where any pseudo mortal would. there are just SO many timelines and she's probably expereinces moments from any given day a dozen times over especially important moments. We cant remember what happened 2 years ago so i dont see why one would give her a hard time because she isnt 100% sure if X event happened There or 20 feet to the left.

-It would also help if you actually knew what the frack you were talking about. You obviously dont know diddly about dragons. Almost every dragon we've encountered has the same voice regardless of form, but like Korialstraz she prefers to stay in her mortal form because its easier and like many dragons who deal with mortals frequently her humanoid form is as natural to her as her default for. For some reason you mentioned a "cute illusion" so i'm guessing you dont realize that its ...not an illusion. they shape shift, albiet shapeshift well and dramatically. in a few books its been a big deal and even in game too. Stellegosa says the cave you are in is to small for her to shapeshift back to her dragon form to help defend Valtois so she assists with the spell work leaving the fighting to you. Kalec's female companion was ambushed as a humanoid and bound by magical chains that prevented her from shapeshifting. in Thrall, Twilight of the aspects the Dragon carting Thrall around is ambushed in elven form and easily beheaded by a sword. His humanoid body falls headless showing that its not even a Spell that changes their form, that their form is as legitimate as their draconic one (or rather if there is a spell that its not ongoing and the spell is to change forms not keep one in that form)

-Find out what those words you said mean.
    Chromie is the only character like her in all known fiction as far as i know. there might be a similar character in Doctor who as i'm guessing statistically one of his sidekicks is bound to be a chipper cinnimon roll of a person.

also right now Wow is at its height with a huge player base enjoying the best expansion ever with dynamic experience that has so much work put into it. So if you think that is "lame, cheap shit" then maybe you just dont like good games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So basicaly this but lame...

if you cant give anything constructive to this discussion maybe your energy is better suited elsewhere
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    Oh please no more time travel bullsh*t

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post

i'd caution you about using Heroes as any signifier of the current story of their origin.

However it is true that we have established that the multiverse theory is true for Warcraft. that one dragon did plan on untilizing his time clones which is what you describe and Nozdormu himself has proven willing to grab beings from outside his time in order to help fix Time matters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    time travel has been in the game since vanilla and occurs in every fantasy story in existence, basically.

The original concept of Warcraft is Interdimensional aliens trick green aliens into invading via a stargate.

Star trek has dozens of time travel episode, Harry potter had a whole movie with one, i just watched the episode of the Justice League where they go back to world war 2. I think in the book Eregorn there is a point where he summons an object from the past or future.

you are never going to be done with time travel unless you focus your interests on non Fantastic stories, sorry
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    it would help you to make legitimate criticisms to

-Realize that while certain themes may be aimed at certain demographics they are expected to gain favor among people it is not aimed for. For example because of the Warcraft movie which was aimed at people who like actiony over the top movies, now regardless of if they will ever interact with warcraft more, there are millions of dads, moms, cousins and even kids who now know "of" warcraft, know what an orc is and can reference it. I dont understand how one can dislike Chromie's character unless you are just really jaded. I mean there are real life people who have more "annoying" voices than hers so it makes me unconfortable to think that you might aim unnecessary hate at such a person. If anything i think its a great interesting character. Chromie never for a second doubts her ability or suggests she might not be the most powerful person in the room. She's a freaking time dragon. where she doubts herself is where any pseudo mortal would. there are just SO many timelines and she's probably expereinces moments from any given day a dozen times over especially important moments. We cant remember what happened 2 years ago so i dont see why one would give her a hard time because she isnt 100% sure if X event happened There or 20 feet to the left.

-It would also help if you actually knew what the frack you were talking about. You obviously dont know diddly about dragons. Almost every dragon we've encountered has the same voice regardless of form, but like Korialstraz she prefers to stay in her mortal form because its easier and like many dragons who deal with mortals frequently her humanoid form is as natural to her as her default for. For some reason you mentioned a "cute illusion" so i'm guessing you dont realize that its ...not an illusion. they shape shift, albiet shapeshift well and dramatically. in a few books its been a big deal and even in game too. Stellegosa says the cave you are in is to small for her to shapeshift back to her dragon form to help defend Valtois so she assists with the spell work leaving the fighting to you. Kalec's female companion was ambushed as a humanoid and bound by magical chains that prevented her from shapeshifting. in Thrall, Twilight of the aspects the Dragon carting Thrall around is ambushed in elven form and easily beheaded by a sword. His humanoid body falls headless showing that its not even a Spell that changes their form, that their form is as legitimate as their draconic one (or rather if there is a spell that its not ongoing and the spell is to change forms not keep one in that form)

-Find out what those words you said mean.
    Chromie is the only character like her in all known fiction as far as i know. there might be a similar character in Doctor who as i'm guessing statistically one of his sidekicks is bound to be a chipper cinnimon roll of a person.

also right now Wow is at its height with a huge player base enjoying the best expansion ever with dynamic experience that has so much work put into it. So if you think that is "lame, cheap shit" then maybe you just dont like good games.

- - - Updated - - -

if you cant give anything constructive to this discussion maybe your energy is better suited elsewhere
    jesus, there i triggered the nr 1 chromie white knight even when i cant figure out why i read your complete wall of text, i will give an answer:

first things first: you should learn sarcasm, internet stuff and not taking things serious. because someone wants to see an ingame char be "killed" dont have to mean he "hate" that thing that much that it is his obsession or anything along those lines. personally in reality i give a fuck what they do with 1 of 1000 npcs ingame. so, that was the "talk-to-the-10-year-olds" part.

second: i have no problem with the lore of chromie at all. it is this "it must always be that hihihihi cute tiny gnome stuff" shit that just feels uninspired, lame and cheap to me. its like copy pasting that stupid cliche the 1000ndst time. you can be a dragon, a gnome, and chromie, without ALWAYS going the cute-route. and, obviously, thats just my oppinion, nothing more. so, no reason to go "they attacked my family"-rant

third: of course dragons are shape shifted. the word illusion is meant metaphoric, like "an illusion for humans to dont handle with big giant dragon in front". i for myself read around 13 books from WotA to Tides. i think i know how wows dragons work. but i dont form every sentence perfectly in a 0815 game forum when posting wuick shit. and i am, obviously, not a native english speaker. i have it ten times hard than you to post stuff. so dont take everything that exactly or serious what some internet international jerks post here. this is something you already should have learned when you are on forums this and then.

4th: for my taste you put way too much into that shit for some side progress npc char in a video game. i dont want to be cliche-like and say something like "hell, get a life"... but maybe you are a little bit too close to that stuff.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-04-30 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    How dare you not mention Aggra!

Also, Blizzard seems to have forgotten that this fucking "thing" is a goddamn dragon, not a gnome. Not really surprising though.
    A dragon that prefers to be a Gnome. Chromie used to be a male dragon disguised as a female Gnome, until a bunch of sensitive Sally's complained and Blizzard officially changed Chromie to a female. Chronormu is a male name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hahaha, oh Lordy Lord. You should consider becoming a standup comedian or if serious, running for president. Seriously I've never seen so much bullshit in one paragraph.

Ahem, anyway on topic: I'm disappointed that they're shoehorning that irritating gnome into the expansion. Time travel and horrific gnome voices, the worst combination of anything imaginable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    time travel is fine.

you mean no more parallel universe bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

-snip-

oh my fucking god.
    learn to understand jokes

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    time travel is fine.

you mean no more parallel universe bullshit.
    Both ideas are fine in theory. How they are executed is the important part.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi