Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Says "citation needed". So your source is utter bull until someone cites/verifies it. Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Especially as I said the source you linked needs citation.

The N64 does use that CPU but it is a 64 bit derivative and retains the basics of the 64 bit part of the CPU. Just few titles take advantage of it since developing for 64 bit was a new thing back then.

The Atari Jaguar while using a 32 bit CPU is still a 64 bit system because of it's multi chip system. Which is why again devs found it hard to design for and it ended up with trash like Cybermorph and godawful polygon games.
    If you want proof then you can google 'Nintendo 64 CPU 32-bit' and see what you find and a four lane highway is still a four lane highway with two lanes closed off but less traffic passes through.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2017-04-30 at 05:40 PM.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    If you want proof then you can google Nintendo 64 CPU 32-bit and see what you find and a six lane highway is still a six lane highway with two lanes closed off but less traffic passes through.
    Or you know when asked for a source provide one that doesn't need citing or from an unreliable site such as Wikipedia since anyone can edit that?

I said it was a 64 bit cpu at base. That was it.

Make a claim the burden of proof is on you. Maybe this time don't use a source that again needs citing or some random Yahoo answers page.

But alas let's end the topic here since the discussion is about the Switch and not the N64.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-30 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've asked this before, but I'll ask again in another way.

How loud can the Switch be via speakers and headphones compared to a Vita/PSP/3DS XL ?

The 3DS to me wasn't capable of being loud enough to satisfy me in many games even with headphones whereas the PSP and Vita could be very loud regardless of the game.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

How loud can the Switch be via speakers and headphones compared to a Vita/PSP/3DS XL ?

The 3DS to me wasn't capable of being loud enough to satisfy me in many games even with headphones whereas the PSP and Vita could be very loud regardless of the game.
    I had to tone down the sound a bit when using a Hyper X Cloud II while playing Zelda in handheld mode. Sound is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or you know when asked for a source provide one that doesn't need citing or from an unreliable site such as Wikipedia since anyone can edit that?

I said it was a 64 bit cpu at base. That was it.

Make a claim the burden of proof is on you. Maybe this time don't use a source that again needs citing or some random Yahoo answers page.

But alas let's end the topic here since the discussion is about the Switch and not the N64.
    I really don't care to play courthouse on this here internet forum but if you want to believe that the Nintendo 64 has that awesome 64-bit power then you can continue to believe so and Nintendo's catchphrase during this era was ''graphics in games are really not that important''.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

I really don't care to play courthouse on this here internet forum but if you want to believe that the Nintendo 64 has that awesome 64-bit power then you can continue to believe so and Nintendo's catchphrase during this era was ''graphics in games are really not that important''.
    Don't think I said that. Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth though. The base cpu is 64 bit is all I said. Just barely anything could utilize it due to how new it was at the time. Atari Jaguar had a similar issue.

But alas you aren't willing to provide cited sources so I'll just not bother with you anymore methinks. Especially since you seem to be on a crusade of putting words in my mouth.

Also great graphics don't always mean a great game. A lot of games have proven that. Especially Indie ones. Look at how well Mega Man 9 was received and that used the old 8 bit graphics in 2008. And this was during a sort of Dark Ages for the franchise after the PS2 era of X games.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-30 at 05:59 PM.

Haven't tried Headphones but speakers are loud enough to annoy me when I'm trying to watch TV lol.

Nintendo were never good at naming things... the Nintendo 64 is probably their best named game system at it was in fact nerfed to 32-bit in order to make it cheaper to produce.
    Erm, what?
    Sounds more like you just enjoyed number things then. All their console names have reasons behind them.

Have you compared your 3DS to a friend's 3DS? Might just be an isolated issue with yours honestly, I've never had issues with the 3DS volume.

That being said, I usually don't leave the Switch at full volume because it's pretty loud if it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Erm, what?

Have you compared your 3DS to a friend's 3DS? Might just be an isolated issue with yours honestly, I've never had issues with the 3DS volume.

That being said, I usually don't leave the Switch at full volume because it's pretty loud if it is.
    I'm actually the only person out of all my real life friends that still plays games, so that's not an option.

I've heard audiophiles online claim the XL was significantly quieter than the normal 3DS and they too have issues with the max attainable decibel level with the 3DS XL.

Haven't been able to get to a store that still has a playable normal 3DS, the XL's sound just like mine. I haven't seen the Switch at any stores around her either.

In my head I basically shat on the Switch, but lately I've found myself wanting one just for the portability. If the audio won't satisfy then it'll be a waste, audio plays a huge part of immersion for me.

The Vita/PSP are excellent comparisons for what would meet my requirements, sometimes Vita games can be a bit too quiet, but they're still much louder than 3DS games it seems.

I assumed Nintendo did this to prevent noise pollution since the Japanese love mobile gaming and use their devices everywhere, especially public transportation. I could see battery life being part of it, but only to a minor degree.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I'm actually the only person out of all my real life friends that still plays games, so that's not an option.

I've heard audiophiles online claim the XL was significantly quieter than the normal 3DS and they too have issues with the max attainable decibel level with the 3DS XL.

Haven't been able to get to a store that still has a playable normal 3DS, the XL's sound just like mine. I haven't seen the Switch at any stores around her either.

In my head I basically shat on the Switch, but lately I've found myself wanting one just for the portability. If the audio won't satisfy then it'll be a waste, audio plays a huge part of immersion for me.

The Vita/PSP are excellent comparisons for what would meet my requirements, sometimes Vita games can be a bit too quiet, but they're still much louder than 3DS games it seems.

I assumed Nintendo did this to prevent noise pollution since the Japanese love mobile gaming and use their devices everywhere, especially public transportation. I could see battery life being part of it, but only to a minor degree.
    When I first got my new 3DS XL, it was quieter, I'll admit.

I sent it in for a burnt out pixel repair though, and when it came back under the list of what they repaired included the speakers, so that's why I asked.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintend...and-1493619178

Nintendo shipped Switch's using much more costly air freight to the US and Europe in March in order to meet demand, but switched back to ship freight in April.

Decided to order a power bank and a case for my Switch so I can carry it around outside the house with only minimal worry. Doubt I'll do it too often but it would be silly to not take advantage of it's portability once in awhile.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...eluxe-Nintendo

Nintendo of America PR - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the fastest selling Mario Kart of all time, sold 459,000 units on it's first day in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't got a Switch yet mainly because I learned my lesson with the Wii U. I'm waiting for a bundle to come out. Back in the Wii U days I bought mine when Pikmin 3 came out as I felt that was a good time to get it. Then not too long after that they came out with the Windwaker remaster and with that they came out with an awesome Zelda themed Wii U. If I had just waiting a bit longer I could have gotten that one. So that's why I'm still waiting. It's starting to make no sense to buy a console day 1 because you know like a few months later they're going to start coming out with bundles and specially themed versions of the console. Although knowing Nintendo I won't be able to get it when I want to because they only make a handful of their games and consoles these days and announce them at the last fucking second so it'll probably go sold out before I can even read about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...eluxe-Nintendo

Nintendo of America PR - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the fastest selling Mario Kart of all time, sold 459,000 units on it's first day in the US.
    Makes sense.

If people liked the super low res small screen 3DS version, they'd love a 720p larger screen version.

Mario Kart sells lots of copies.

In other news water is wet.

I mean MK8 already sold like 7 mil on a console with only 13 mil owners. MKWii is at what? 35 mil?

Shocker. I'm starting to miss the #fakenews from Emily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Mario Kart sells lots of copies.

In other news water is wet.

I mean MK8 already sold like 7 mil on a console with only 13 mil owners. MKWii is at what? 35 mil?

Shocker. I'm starting to miss the #fakenews from Emily.
    not to mention this is the 2nd big release for the switch. I think the majority of people got zelda and maybe an indie game and was waiting for the next big thing which was mk8
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario Kart sells well and on a console with barely any games...woah.

Its like saying Halo or Gears of War sells well...holyy shit they are so good so talented breaking records.

why are you guys acting as if all they said was it sold well? every god damn company posts when a game is the fastest selling in its series.

blizzard does it all the time
    ea does it all the time
    ubisoft does it all the time

but nintendo does it and you guys are sitting here pissing and moaning.

mario kart being the fastest selling is a good indicator. the switch is a success at this point.

nintendo just needs to announce enough games for next year to keep up momentum
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552