Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That depends on your point of view on what a soldier is. I don't see a significant difference.
    You really think a solider and adventurer are the same thing? Ok then.

Didnt someone try? I thought it was called wildstar... /snicker
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    When you fail you try again.
    Or... you fail, release what said failure became, and giggle as it sells 30 million copies.

(I'm not calling Overwatch itself a failure, I realize it is a very well-made game)
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

They did. They tried again, made it into an FPS and sold 30 million copies in less than a year.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...02935820582912

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They did. They tried again, made it into an FPS and sold 30 million copies in less than a year.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...02935820582912
    Are you stalking me on this forum?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Are you stalking me on this forum?
    It's a forum. Am I not allowed to quote you if I want to discuss something you posted? If you have an issue with it there is an ignore system built into this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Or... you fail, release what said failure became, and giggle as it sells 30 million copies.

(I'm not calling Overwatch itself a failure, I realize it is a very well-made game)
    Of course it's not a failure but it could be so much more than what it currently is.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a forum. Am I not allowed to quote you if I want to discuss something you posted? If you have an issue with it there is an ignore system built into this website.
    It's ok... I'm actually amused.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    You really think a solider and adventurer are the same thing? Ok then.
    Apparently lacking a significant difference means exactly the same thing. Ok then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Soldiers are employed as a part of the standing army. Adventurers kill wolves for a farmer for 3gold and a pair of gloves.
    Have you played WoD? Did you play MoP? Did you play WotLK? You can argue you were part of a standing army in all those three expansions ... hell you lead the military forces in WoD.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    There is actually a objective fact to that question. and that is No. overwatch was supose to be the MMO known as "TITAN" And they could not make it, threw threw lots of money, devlopers and time at it. but could not.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    There is actually a objective fact to that question. and that is No. overwatch was supose to be the MMO known as "TITAN" And they could not make it, threw threw lots of money, devlopers and time at it. but could not.
    Had nothing to do with could not. If I recall they didn't want to support two MMOs and it didn't meet their vision.

With MMO's and the budget required to make a proper one, no, you do not.

Deleted
    i personally believe than an overwatch mmo is inevtable, but it wont take form untill some time, Overwatch is very much like what warcraft 1 was to WoW, the span between them was 10 years, not saying it will take 10 years for overwatch mmo to come but yea its an idea. Also, Kaplan stated that based on the success and popularity of overwatch they might expand it to other forms (hint hint, mmo lol). Not evne 1 year has passed since its release, and its over 30 million strong. The guys that made wow a success that made it peak at 12 mill, those are the guys working on overwatch. if they make an mmo it will be next gen and innovative, theyre not stupid to make an overwatch mmo that works the same way as wow, it will be the #makemmosgreatagain

Deleted
    I don't believe that MMO's are on their way out... people still wants to have proper living and breathing online world to play in.

Just because game companies fails to deliver doesn't mean that there isn't a demand.
    They're not "on their way out" but nobody is currently investing in them because it is not what gamers want right now. Perhaps in the future we may see a resurgence. I would wager that it will not happen for at least a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    They're not "on their way out" but nobody is currently investing in them because it is not what gamers want right now. Perhaps in the future we may see a resurgence. I would wager that it will not happen for at least a decade.
    There can't be all MOBA's and first person shooters.

Deleted
    There can't be all MOBA's and first person shooters.
    There isn't. MMO's at the moment are coming out in the form of games like Destiny. Drop in and out games rather than worlds. Even WoW has moved towards that type of game. It's apparently what people want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Have you played WoD? Did you play MoP? Did you play WotLK? You can argue you were part of a standing army in all those three expansions ... hell you lead the military forces in WoD.
    You could argue it, but it's a different game, why does that mean Titan couldn't relate more toward Classic, TBC, WotK 'random nameless adventurer' style again?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You could argue it, but it's a different game, why does that mean Titan couldn't relate more toward Classic, TBC, WotK 'random nameless adventurer' style again?
    I am not saying it cannot. In fact, not having permanent factions allow closer to random nameless adventurer style.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    i remember reading somewherer titan was gonna have 3 factions. but regardless if thats tru or false its easy to think about. there could be no factions like gw2 but u can chose to align urself with talon and do their missions or there could be 2 factions talon and overwatch or blackwatch. overwatch WILL become an mmo. 100% Ita blizzards next big revolutionary thing

Leaving behind the cynic in me that just wants to echo the people saying "They tried and it was a...titan of a failure", I don't see why would anyone want that. I mean, one of the greatest aspects of Overwatch, one that gave it momentum even before it was possible to play it, is the world and its characters. Would there be a lot of point in being rando number 153825 as you watch Tracer, Reaper or Mercy doing whatever?

An MMO is better in a world where you can build your own story as you adventure and explore. Overwatch's world is a bit too tight, too character-centric for that.

Now, a single player Overwatch game wouldn't be a bad idea, and Jeff did mention that they have it in their mind to eventually expand the Overwatch franchise. But an MMO? It would be possible, but pointless.

Deleted
    I hope not, the game is cringy as fuck with all these politically correct and sjw characters.

They had a good idea to turn it into an "fps" in the end cause as a mmo this game would have been terrible. Instead it's just a really boring and low skill game, something that apparently blizzard users like (see wow, hots, diablo).