Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    "sorry but soda doesnt cause people to be fat"

ok

"poor lifestyle choices do"

you mean like choosing to drink lots of soda? Those lifestyle choices?
    No. Like drinking tons of soda and also eating tons of crap to go with it. I drink a ton of Dr. Pepper (4-5 cans a day), but I'm 6ft ~155 pounds. Drinking soda doesn't make you fat. Consuming too much garbage makes you fat. Yes, soda falls in there, but so do loads of other things. Anecdotal, but every single fat person I know is fat because they constantly munch on crap instead of just waiting for the next meal. I went on a road trip with a fat friend, and he literally ate multiple bags of junk food in the car (incidentally, hearing someone constantly munching on chips and stuff is kind of annoying).

Hopefully they'll be more motivated to invest into their sugar-free alternatives. I think their latest iteration of coke Zero tastes better than the sugary kind.

Deleted
    I wonder why its so hard to create lemonades that are both tasty and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    No. Like drinking tons of soda and also eating tons of crap to go with it. I drink a ton of Dr. Pepper (4-5 cans a day), but I'm 6ft ~155 pounds. Drinking soda doesn't make you fat. Consuming too much garbage makes you fat. Yes, soda falls in there, but so do loads of other things. Anecdotal, but every single fat person I know is fat because they constantly munch on crap instead of just waiting for the next meal. I went on a road trip with a fat friend, and he literally ate multiple bags of junk food in the car (incidentally, hearing someone constantly munching on chips and stuff is kind of annoying).
    completely off topic. But what do you eat on road trips? I've changed my diet and lost 27 pounds since Jan 1st, but road trips is something to figure out yet lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I wonder why its so hard to create lemonades that are both tasty and healthy.
    There's only one lemonade recipe that really matters, the Red Check Cookbook one.
    A) Squeeze all the lemons you have into a measuring cup.
    B) Add an equal amount of sugar.
    C) Add an equal amount of water to that.

It's a 1:1:2 mix and it's basically unbeatable.

Now, upping the lemon:sugar ratio immediately hits you with the reason people don't just take a nice refreshing bite of lemon. You could water it down, but then you have...well, watered-down lemonade. And artificial sweeteners are...debatable.

My recommendations:

70% fruit juice, 160 calories per 16oz bottle, you can get it at Chipotle's. It is mostly apple/grape of course, which keeps the added sugar under control while keeping the citrus from being overwhelming (again, ever bite a lemon?)

GUS is pretty damn hard to find. 5% juice but all lemon, and 22g of sugar (so, one-half of one Pepsi) make it a "truer" lemonade.

Best I can suggest from here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There's only one lemonade recipe that really matters, the Red Check Cookbook one.
    A) Squeeze all the lemons you have into a measuring cup.
    B) Add an equal amount of sugar.
    C) Add an equal amount of water to that.
    Everything that contains lot of sugar cant really be healthy.

People will probably just switch to fruit juice assuming it is healthier, but it's not since it's filled with high fructose corn syrup. Coke(with cane sugar) is better than a lot of fruit juices out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Hopefully they'll be more motivated to invest into their sugar-free alternatives. I think their latest iteration of coke Zero tastes better than the sugary kind.
    Personally, I always liked Zero a lot more than the Original version. Light is good too, even though not as good as Zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Complete bs. Sorry but people have different metabolisms and eating sugar doesn't make you hungrier. Maybe you but not people in general.

I can drink sodas everyday and eat anything I want and not gain weight or lose weight without them. It has nothing to do with sodas but the fact that people eat to much but I guess sodas make a good scapegoat so people can continue being gluttonous while not solving anything.
    Obviously some people have higher than average metabolisms and can eat high calorie food and not gain weight. And yes, eating sugar does make you hungrier. Takes a while before your body gets used to not having so much sugar in it.

"sorry but soda doesnt cause people to be fat"

ok

"poor lifestyle choices do"

you mean like choosing to drink lots of soda? Those lifestyle choices?
    You can't get fat off soda alone. There are many people who drink a shit ton of soda and don't eat much and are extremely thin. Even if you ate normal and drank Soda the worst you would be is overweight. A lot of people like to blame soda for obesity when the real cause is people not knowing when to put the fork down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Personally, I always liked Zero a lot more than the Original version. Light is good too, even though not as good as Zero.
    I can't stand light, it tastes too chemical. In the Zero, they've masked it so well.
    But yes, even before their latest iteration of Zero, I had lost my taste in sugary coca cola and sugary drinks at large.

Now I'm waiting on them to make Fanta Zero ACTUALLY zero. It has 0.5 sugars per 100 ml due to the real fruit juce used, but that small amount of sugar means I'll leave it alone on account of my teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Everything that contains lot of sugar cant really be healthy.
    Debatable, but this recipe definitely isn't healthy. But it is perfect.

Nice,

let me pour myself another glass of cola

Yummy, I weight 80kg @ 190cm. Suck it

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    You can't get fat off soda alone. There are many people who drink a shit ton of soda and don't eat much and are extremely thin. Even if you ate normal and drank Soda the worst you would be is overweight. A lot of people like to blame soda for obesity when the real cause is people not knowing when to put the fork down.
    Sugar is a large contributor and those sodas have a lot of sugar in them. They basically fill you with calories without you feeling full. Then eating a normal diet on top of that makes you fat. Of course its hard to isolate just one factor, exercise, genetics / whatever all play a role.

Good, you would be shocked how much weight you loose when you drop sodas.

1200 people losing their jobs doesn't really justify a smile emoji.

completely off topic. But what do you eat on road trips? I've changed my diet and lost 27 pounds since Jan 1st, but road trips is something to figure out yet lol.
    Beef jerky is my road trip snack of choice, but really I just stop for meals and that is it. I'm not a snacker which is probably the only reason I can consume the junk that I do without gaining a ton of weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Nice,

Lmao like BMI shows actual health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Nice,

Soda is bad for you for many more reasons than just weight gain and associated diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Beef jerky is my road trip snack of choice, but really I just stop for meals and that is it. I'm not a snacker which is probably the only reason I can consume the junk that I do without gaining a ton of weight.
    I've noticed snacks is pretty much the big weight gainer. Overweight people I know have perfectly normal meal sizes. But their snack calories about equal their meals. it's like eating 2-3 extra meals a day.