Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah calling fake news on this one. This isn't happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    perfect example of "the media" (lol a blog) taking someones words and twisting them around to fit their narrative. At no time did he say "Trump Considering Amending or Abolishing 1st Amendment", he said they looked into changing libel laws, "looked in to", Holding the press accountable for this kind of nonsense is something that should be looked into.
    I guess reading comprehension is hard, however as the article points out, the only way of changing libel laws so that the president can effectively sue newspapers for libel would be to change the first amendment.

Besides that, Priebus literally said ''I think it’s (meaning a constitutional amendment) something that we’ve looked at. How that gets executed or whether that goes anywhere is a different story.''

Please feel free to explain how Priebus's words can be explained in any other way when the article literally quotes what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    A literal quote from the presidents chief of staff who was on air saying that is fake news?

You should really look up the definition of that word.

Though I agree with you this isn't happening, it will go to the pile of insane promises/threats that trump has made the last few years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think the media has a huge problem in that it likes to report things that it either doesnt need to report nationwide or it likes to report things without telling the full story. I dont think the media is interested in the full story nor do i believe they want to hear any other side of the story other than what they want to give.
    I think the rampant reporting of police shootings of african americans that threw this country into a fit of rage was done to try and win hillary the election. Notice how its not getting reported these days? Bet its still happening tho.
    Holy mother of off-topic.....

Please contribute something substantial about the topic or don't contribute at all.

That's cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod needs to lock this click-bait thread.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    perfect example of "the media" (lol a blog) taking someones words and twisting them around to fit their narrative. At no time did he say "Trump Considering Amending or Abolishing 1st Amendment", he said they looked into changing libel laws, "looked in to", Holding the press accountable for this kind of nonsense is something that should be looked into.
    I love that you can't even read the OP correctly but criticize others for "twisting" quotes. But hey, at least we know now that you're part of the problem.

The quote is pretty clear in both what it's saying and what it's referring to.

Just because it's never going to happen, doesn't mean it's fake news. Get a clue. Stop slurping trumps cock. Fake news is made up, not reporting on some idiot trying to accomplish something horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Wow click bait much? That's not being said in this exchange at all.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Wow click bait much? That's not being said in this exchange at all.
    Is it that you don't know what the first amendment is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

President doesn't have the power to amend or abolish the 1st Amendment. lol

Not even Congress can do that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Please, by all means, show me where they are lying about anything this cheeto flavored dumbass says.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump said he was going to try to do this during the fucking campaigns. It isn't entirely surprising this dumbass orange snowflake is actually trying to do it, even though every idiot around him is telling him he can't, still means he is a fucking dumbass for even trying. It doesn't mean its fake news though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Please, by all means, show me where they are lying about anything this cheeto flavored dumbass says.
    Apologize to cheetos, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Mod needs to lock this click-bait thread.
    But it isn't clickbait. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is clickbait. Trump said this during the fucking election. And you are surprised he still wants to limit the first amendment?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Apologize to cheetos, please.
    It isn't my fault that Trump gets all lubed up in butter and rolls around in cheese flavored dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I want to ask you about two things the President has said on related issues. First of all, there was what he said about opening up the libel laws. Tweeting “the failing New York Times has disgraced the media world. Gotten me wrong for two solid years. Change the libel laws?” That would require, as I understand it, a constitutional amendment. Is he really going to pursue that? Is that something he wants to pursue?
    I think it’s something that we’ve looked at. How that gets executed or whether that goes anywhere is a different story.
    a lot different then
    Trump Considering Amending or Abolishing 1st Amendment
    but it can be hard to read when you're blinded by hatred so I understand.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Is it that you don't know what the first amendment is?
    I understand what the First Amendment is, Preibus clearly says they are unsure whether they will pursue any course of action.

There are also limits to Freedom of the Press and reporting lies as truth anywhere other than clearly marked opinion columns isn't protected be freedom of the Press. But considering how nuanced proving defamation, or even breaching it is might want to be visited.

Just how the Press isn't here to operate as a government propaganda organization, it also shouldn't be allowed to operate in an antiparty propaganda organization either.

Now I'm not siding with Trump, or saying I believe whole heatedly that they are reporting lies, because it's borderline impossible to tell, but at the end of the day the media wields a huge amount of power to influence and the past 2 years have shown more negatives to this power than positives.
    Should the free press be allowed to push agendas? Corrupting the truth to suit a view is simply lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I agree that the press should be held accountable for their reports, there is no possible way for Trump to take out the 1st amendment. That will get him impeached faster than a city boy off a bull. Hmmm....

Actually...on second though, go for it Donnie. I'll have my camera ready. ^_^

today i learned that looking into possibly changing libel laws is wanting to abolish the 1st amendment.

the more you know

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    What do you guys think? Is this desirable? Is the reporter pulling what is said out of context? How would this law benefit the US?
    Looks at URL. Skims the "Article". Laughs because a President can't do that anyways. Looks like you fell for that fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    No. The first amendment is fine the way it is. The chances of this happening is like, zero. It is ridiculous to assume he would even attempt to abolish it however.
    Now you have to actually really think about this. There are a lot of states that don't trust the media. A great campaign can make it about making the media more accountable. Never underestimate the stupidity of people and their representatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So Trumpy wants to push the US lower on this list?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean he cant.... but uuuhhhh should I even sarcastically say good luck?

fck it

MAGA MAGA MAGA