Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    "After you have your first baby, be careful," Cross said. "Go to your doctor and check up."
    Never know when it's going to unexpectedly come back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm seriously confused as to how someone can be pregnant and not know it. You don't notice the weight gain and the feeling of something moving around inside you?

Also, are these the same women who can't tell the difference between a dude wearing a condom and not wearing a condom? How out of touch with your body can you be?
    Probably very very stupid. I'd like to think women would notice they are preggers.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hope that baby is okay since she has no prenatal care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    *sigh*

As pointed out by many others, sometimes women can show no signs. Stupidity has nothing to do with it.
    I mean sometime down the line you will notice the pregnancy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Hope that baby is okay since she has no prenatal care.
    That was my first thought. Particularly considering the stress a first child can put on a mother, mentally and physically.

Judging from the previous comments, this is another example of "I don't understand this so I don't believe this.".

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's called psychosis. People can actually rationalize away anything you can imagine to the point that they actually convince themselves.
    Sounds like most of the posters here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'd love a pic of the beast you call a woman.
    I'm scared to look for one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Sounds like you don't know much about female biology.

To the OP: Can't you discuss all these articles you like posting on the sites that you find them?
    Why? My threads are very popular on here. If they weren't, you'd have a point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I'm scared to look for one.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? My threads are very popular on here. If they weren't, you'd have a point.
    They're your threads, but someone else's news. You occasionally offer a commentary that is fraught with click-bait rhetoric that I struggle to imagine anyone could conceivably opine.

It's called psychosis. People can actually rationalize away anything you can imagine to the point that they actually convince themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean sometime down the line you will notice the pregnancy.
    And a number of others...

I worked in an ER where a woman gave birth at full term that didn't know she was pregnant. Its truly not as rare as some in this thread think. This particular woman had a history of various hormonal issues, like PCOS, that made her periods very irregular and infrequent (so missing a period for 9 months wouldn't have been an issue). She was overweight but not morbidly obese-again hormonal issues. She didn't have any unusual weight gain. She never experienced anything like morning sickness or unusual cravings (which aren't always present in pregnancy anyway). Not every woman feels a baby moving. So, with the above out of the way, you tell me, how is a woman supposed to know they're pregnant? Especially when you consider that with certain hormonal issues, pregnancy is a rather difficult thing to achieve in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Denial or epic stupidity.
    Stupidity, and sadly we have too much of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Stupidity, and sadly we have too much of that.
    Ignorance as well, and likely assumptions (ironic, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    And a number of others...

I worked in an ER where a woman gave birth at full term that didn't know she was pregnant. Its truly not as rare as some in this thread think. This particular woman had a history of various hormonal issues, like PCOS, that made her periods very irregular and infrequent (so missing a period for 9 months wouldn't have been an issue). She was overweight but not morbidly obese-again hormonal issues. She didn't have any unusual weight gain. She never experienced anything like morning sickness or unusual cravings (which aren't always present in pregnancy anyway). Not every woman feels a baby moving. So, with the above out of the way, you tell me, how is a woman supposed to know they're pregnant? Especially when you consider that with certain hormonal issues, pregnancy is a rather difficult thing to achieve in the first place.
    The fact that unprotected sex can lead to other things besides pregnancy. I'm guessing these people don't do regular visits to the doctors or sexual health clinics. If you have known hormonal issues and you're engaging in unprotected sex perhaps you want to set aside a little money for a pregnancy test every couple of months or so, just so you don't get caught unaware in a supermarket bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    The fact that unprotected sex can lead to other things besides pregnancy. I'm guessing these people don't do regular visits to the doctors or sexual health clinics. If you have known hormonal issues and you're engaging in unprotected sex perhaps you want to set aside a little money for a pregnancy test every couple of months or so, just so you don't get caught unaware in a supermarket bathroom.
    Who say's they were having unprotected sex? And while women giving birth with out knowing they were pregnant isn't unknown it's not exactly very common either. That is why so many people just in this topic refuse to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Sounds like most of the posters here.
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Who say's they were having unprotected sex? And while women giving birth with out knowing they were pregnant isn't unknown it's not exactly very common either. That is why so many people just in this topic refuse to believe it.
    The fact the article didn't state that they were using protection (something they would have done if it had been mentioned as it would make the story even more 'clickbaity') and this quote "didn't know that could happen," Cross said. "I thought it was just on reality TV, but apparently it's a thing."" both suggest they were engaging in unprotected sex. (If the guy is that clueless do you think he'd be wearing a condom, one of the few forms of contraceptive people use a month after just having another child.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Going nine months without noticing no period is a huge state of denial on her part.
    After giving birth, there is usually a massive period as the body flushes out anything leftover of the placenta et al. After that, however, the periods stop until the mother stops breastfeeding or collecting milk with a pump. It is therefore entirely likely that she would have not been expecting to have any periods for those 10 months and more.

When I worked in the ER every now and then we would get the young lady with the mysterious abdominal pain. They always denied they new about it. Funny thing is 9/10 mom, auntie or BF would offer up some comment along the line of "I told her she looked pregnant or I knew she look pregnant." Or "I told her to go get a pregnancy test". It's denial, funny how the mind can make things seem real even when faced with such damning evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    When I worked in the ER every now and then we would get the young lady with the mysterious abdominal pain. They always denied they new about it. Funny thing is 9/10 mom, auntie or BF would offer up some comment along the line of "I told her she looked pregnant or I knew she look pregnant." Or "I told her to go get a pregnancy test". It's denial, funny how the mind can make things seem real even when faced with such damning evidence.
    That really doesn't mean much think of how often people say someone looks pregnant and turns out they aren't pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    That really doesn't mean much think of how often people say someone looks pregnant and turns out they aren't pregnant.
    It means the possibility of pregnancy was on their mind and they chose to ignore or deny it.