Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Windows Game Mode is FASTER – $h!t Manufacturers Say Ep3

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    do we really need a thread with only a shitty video?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    do we really need a thread with only a shitty video?
    How do you know the video is shitty? It was just uploaded and ur post is 2 min's after mine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Linking YouTube videos should not be allowed, especially that greedy fuck LinusTech.

Deleted
    Just watched it, his choice of budget CPU is a bad choice, that I3 in its own right is a good performer, just terribly priced, he should of used a cheaper AMD CPU or the celerons.

Hes done a bad job at projecting what most people are running on, he only validated his test for people with decent hardware, he even admits the test wasn't comprehensive enough, something his channel no longer do with game benchmarks.

I like the video, thank you Jtbrig. I wasn't really sure about that game mode and now im gonna shut it off forever. And it looks like theres some haters who can't just press dislike or don't watch but they need to post their hatred too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How do you know the video is shitty? It was just uploaded and ur post is 2 min's after mine.
    because i know linus tech
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    I like the video, thank you Jtbrig. I wasn't really sure about that game mode and now im gonna shut it off forever. And it looks like theres some haters who can't just press dislike or don't watch but they need to post their hatred too.
    You do realise that I3 he was using in the 'budget' config is actually better then most peoples CPU gaming wise right? Its also pretty expensive so does not fall into budget gaming at all, theres another cpu within its performance parameters and much more cheaper but didn't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    You do realise that I3 he was using in the 'budget' config is actually better then most peoples CPU gaming wise right? Its also pretty expensive so does not fall into budget gaming at all, theres another cpu within its performance parameters and much more cheaper but didn't use it.
    I think it was the right choice to determine how good its "game mode" on latest chipsets cpu and gpu wise. Yes you are right he could have also tested game mode on an Intel Pentium G4560 but other lower cpus i don't see the point if Microsoft doesn't say "game mode is specially aimed to help old pc builds run games better". The video was clear for me. When im about to upgrade my CPU no matter if its an i3 i5 or i7 (current gen) , game mode will not help me at all ...it will actually break some games.
    I've tested game mode on my i5 3470 with gtx 1060 and theres really no difference, and i was also aware that Game DVR by xbox app is breaking lots of fps in some games. Game Mode brings Game DVR back on and that could be the reason some games are broken by the game mode.
    My point is that Microsoft doesn't specify that Game Mode is for budget gamers, it should at least add a few fps to that i3 or i5, i'm not expecting it to help the latest build ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    I think it was the right choice to determine how good its "game mode" on latest chipsets cpu and gpu wise. Yes you are right he could have also tested game mode on an Intel Pentium G4560 but other lower cpus i don't see the point if Microsoft doesn't say "game mode is specially aimed to help old pc builds run games better". The video was clear for me. When im about to upgrade my CPU no matter if its an i3 i5 or i7 (current gen) , game mode will not help me at all ...it will actually break some games.
    I've tested game mode on my i5 3470 with gtx 1060 and theres really no difference, and i was also aware that Game DVR by xbox app is breaking lots of fps in some games. Game Mode brings Game DVR back on and that could be the reason some games are broken by the game mode.
    My point is that Microsoft doesn't specify that Game Mode is for budget gamers, it should at least add a few fps to that i3 or i5, i'm not expecting it to help the latest build ofc.
    Game mode wouldn't benefit me, sucks but hopefully see it evolve a bit more, the issue will always surround those with lower end hardware, they even say its to free up system resources so other software don't compete for those resources, this is a convoluted way of saying, those with weak hardware should see changes.

Most people don't own the class of hardware Linus used for the budget system, just because they have weaker hardware doesn't make them not gamers, most people run on weak hardware and the issue with this huge ass segment is, games run like ass on them because of how badly MOST PC games are ported.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my opinion that if you're looking for a performance boost in games without hardware then we need developers to migrate over to Linux. Yes I know majority of games performance worse on Linux, but those games are using a built in DX11->OpenGL converter. If PC has poorly optimized ports from consoles, then Linux is going to get an even more poorly optimized port from Windows.

But Linux is really good at managing resources and generally performs faster in most tasks compared to Windows, just not games. That can be solved with proper ports, which there aren't many.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are the benchmarks or hardware used matter? He used 3 significantly different hardware setups, and 3 different games... The point was whether game mode helps. And it doesn't. What more are people asking for exactly in these tests? More hardware? Worse? Better? More games?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I think it's funny that he's comparing Game Mode to Nvidia's Driver Update tool. Driver upgrades absolutely make a massive difference in the performance of a game software, they are sometimes required to even get the game to run in the first place.

But yeah, he's got a point. If you want more performance out of your system, you are better off learning how to manage your memory or looking at the hardware end of things. Ain't no magic 'I Win' checkbox for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    It's my opinion that if you're looking for a performance boost in games without hardware then we need developers to migrate over to Linux. Yes I know majority of games performance worse on Linux, but those games are using a built in DX11->OpenGL converter. If PC has poorly optimized ports from consoles, then Linux is going to get an even more poorly optimized port from Windows.

But Linux is really good at managing resources and generally performs faster in most tasks compared to Windows, just not games. That can be solved with proper ports, which there aren't many.
    When pigs fly....the larger market share will always win out on developers.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    How are the benchmarks or hardware used matter? He used 3 significantly different hardware setups, and 3 different games... The point was whether game mode helps. And it doesn't. What more are people asking for exactly in these tests? More hardware? Worse? Better? More games?
    People just like to shit on Linus because of how his channel evolved and cause he makes money from ads..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I don't think game mode would do much, but yes he used 3 different hardware set ups, but all 3 were very good set ups, they are at the price range and performance segment above what most people have, he did not have a weak system regardless him calling it a budget system, what Linus calls budget does not make it budget.

I would of personally liked this being used on much weaker hardware, this way we can see how game mode affects the majority and if they need to switch it on or not, he provided imo a narrow analysis of the feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    People just like to shit on Linus because of how his channel evolved and cause he makes money from ads..
    I don't really care how he makes his money, its his business, the issue is that hes moved away from doing proper gaming benchmarks, he was way more thorough and doesn't go into great detail anymore, though I don't hate him, I don't use his channel for benchmarks anymore with gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a link to another video where Game Mode is tested on a slightly upgraded potato:

I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Here's a link to another video where Game Mode is tested on a slightly upgraded potato:

Now see, makes you think why Linus couldn't implement something like this, whats interesting here is, the minimums, some of linus results show a defecit, this video on the other hand shows no negatives using it, granted not a great deal of positives.

With all the media resources Linus has, its daft to not had added it.

Now see, makes you think why Linus couldn't implement something like this, whats interesting here is, the minimums, some of linus results show a defecit, this video on the other hand shows no negatives using it, granted not a great deal of positives.

With all the media resources Linus has, its daft to not had added it.
    Probably cause he is realistic.

Linus videos or any tech videos arent targeted for the average user with Pentium 3 "But i only watch movies".

People care to see improvements on proper hardware, i would care to see a comparison with as example Sandy Bridge and above CPU wise, and 700/First R9 series and above GPU wise, its already 2017.

What potatoes PC gain or not is irrelevant, it remains a potato PC, just because it barely runs a game at 20 FPS, it will keep running everything at 20 FPS, no magical setting will make it run properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would of personally liked this being used on much weaker hardware, this way we can see how game mode affects the majority and if they need to switch it on or not, he provided imo a narrow analysis of the feature.
    It's aimed towards gamers. His channel is aimed towards gamers.

Do you think some person who bought a $200 Dell with a Pentium and onboard graphics is going to visit his site for info on what to build? He used a budget setup for what people would build.

That said... Would you agree that his info in that segment was accurate for anything above the 'bought it at walmart' budget system? Because thats what his low end is, and across the entire board it shows the same.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab