Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Game would be more diverse if they buffed Roadhogs hook. I would feel more safe in that gaming world and included in it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know dude, if Overwatch was an Warhammer 40k game (with the same mechanics and gameplay), people would still play it, and it would be a bunch of bulky Space Marines yelling about heresy and chaos and stuff. ...Now I want this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    She was a big thing before Gamergate was even a thing, stop spreading this bullshit.

She managed to create attention for herself perfectly fine without having to rely on people pointing out her obvious bullshit, the only ones you should blame for giving her the popularity she got is trolls and the beta orbiters who couldn't keep their fedoras down.

Gee, it's almost like GG actively fought against this crap by the gaming media.

And it's 2017, media should not be censored or fall under people forcing their own morality or sense of shit justice during localization on it.

People throw a hissy fit over that video games should be considered art, yet they are perfectly fine with the same "art" being censored.
    It's bollocks.
    Its not media you dense poster you!

Its called marketing.Huge difference between an article on kotaku or what ever, and a publisher wondering about the bottom line.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    She was a nothing before gamergate and the rape/death threats. Which don't tell me they were not real, as people on this very forum said they would happily rape her.
    Anyone who would even think of touching that ugly hag should lose their man card imo. I wouldn't even want to be within hearing range of that pompous, self absorbed windbag, let alone fucking distance.

She was a big thing before Gamergate was even a thing, stop spreading this bullshit.

She managed to create attention for herself perfectly fine without having to rely on people pointing out her obvious bullshit, the only ones you should blame for giving her the popularity she got is trolls and the beta orbiters who couldn't keep their fedoras down.

Gee, it's almost like GG actively fought against this crap by the gaming media.

And it's 2017, media should not be censored or fall under people forcing their own morality or sense of shit justice during localization on it.

People throw a hissy fit over that video games should be considered art, yet they are perfectly fine with the same "art" being censored.
    It's bollocks.
    No she wasn't. She made crappy videos on youtube about basic level gender theory. Then she got track on 4chan and then her popularity exploded.

She was a nothing before gamergate and the rape/death threats. Which don't tell me they were not real, as people on this very forum said they would happily rape her.
    Plenty of it was false, and from trolls.
    There have been FBI investigations into gamergate that have cleared it of supposed threats, or are you saying FBI is full of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    The whole DOA is a fucking sham dude. There was no evidence to backup any of the claims and guess what japanese developers still release their shitty fanservice games.
    DOA didn't get released in the west, and the only ones who took advantage of the controversy was Play-asia.
    A company doesn't market a game like that by having a customer support responding to a single forum post on a obscure forum that people barely pay attention to.

You're also acting like DoA is the sole case, it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    No she wasn't. She made crappy videos on youtube about basic level gender theory. Then she got track on 4chan and then her popularity exploded.
    Basically this

She was in no way major. Most never heard of her until "random person on internet gets rape/death threats"

Paper Mario had a "trans" character. Vivian

The camel and someone else in Animal Crossing are guys in Japan, but are women in the US.
    OMG the horror!!! Can someone think of the gamers (children)?

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Xekus;45553748]Plenty of it was false, and from trolls.
    There have been FBI investigations into gamergate that have cleared it of supposed threats, or are you saying FBI is full of shit?

DOA didn't get released in the west, and the only ones who took advantage of the controversy was Play-asia.
    A company doesn't market a game like that by having a customer support responding to a single forum post on a obscure forum that people barely pay attention to.

You're also acting like DoA is the sole case, it's not.[/QUOTE=

Wait, the FBI personally visted every single twitter poster, person on this forum, 4chan poster, reddit poster, tumblr poster, etc? Of course most of them were fucking trolls, thats what a lot of people saw and still see GG as.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    *looks at the skyrim modding community*
    *looks at the witcher community*
    The Witcher 3 has so much lip service and the Skyrim and Fallout mod communities did the same thing too, but that's a bit different from what Blizzard did imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG the horror!!! Can someone think of the gamers (children)?
    Nintendo themselves! Self censorship to keep that Disney level image for marketing purposes.

Plenty of it was false, and from trolls.

You're also acting like DoA is the sole case, it's not.
    TIL facebook is a small obscure forum. Also this part:

and the only ones who took advantage of the controversy was Play-asia.
    They started the controversy.

Wait, the FBI personally visted every single twitter poster, person on this forum, 4chan poster, reddit poster, tumblr poster, etc? Of course most of them were fucking trolls, thats what a lot of people saw and still see GG as.
    Quit your pathetic sarcastic tone, you know perfectly well what i mean.

Deleted
    Don't you dare undersell Anita. I would have never heard of GamerGate if she didn't tell me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Witcher 3 has so much lip service and the Skyrim and Fallout mod communities did the same thing too, but that's a bit different from what Blizzard did imo.
    Also *looks at the Mass effect community*

Was bummed to learn I couldnt make my Shepard and Garrus live happily ever after. That bromance was awesome. I loved when Manslayer made that video of Maleshepard and Garrus dancing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quit your pathetic sarcastic tone, you know perfectly well what i mean.
    You know I'm right.

The US is 73% white, so game development being ~80% white isn't that far off.

I'd love to see people complain about how African Americans are vastly overrepresented in sports and the music industry by comparison given their demographic proportion.

Nobody cries that American football has a massive African American representation yet a tiny, barely existent representation of Asians by comparison.

Besides, overwatch is hardly a paragon of diversity. Besides Zarya all the other women are either sexy or cutesy archetypes compared to the vast body diversity in men. Look at Black Widow's armor and tell me there's remotely any equivalent for the men.

Token diversity is not worthwhile diversity.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-05-01 at 01:31 AM.

You know I'm right.
    You're not.

There is real evidence that most claims were fake, there is FBI investigations into most claims and they themselves have called it bullshit.

End of story, there is nothing else to it.
    Anything else is you who refuse to aknowledge that the lies you have been fed around gamergate is just that, lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The US is 73% white, so game development being ~80% white isn't that far off.

I'd love to see people complain about how African Americans are vastly overrepresented in sports and the music industry by comparison given their demographic proportion.

Nobody cries that American football has a massive African American representation yet a tiny, barely existent representation of Asians by comparison.
    Plenty do
    No one listens because just like Mens rights activists, they only bring it up in convos like this. Makes it feel less genuine and makes it seem to matter less, since thats the point of bringing it up.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not.

There is real evidence that most claims were fake, there is FBI investigations into most claims and they themselves have called it bullshit.

End of story, there is nothing else to it.
    Anything else is you who refuse to aknowledge that the lies you have been fed around gamergate is just that, lies.
    Well, trolls do tend to say the darndest things now do they? I wasn't fed a damn thing. Maybe you should stop drinking that koolaid. Too much sugar.

i totally playoverwatch because there are more of the atheist straight whites than of the abnormal ones.

true story

then why are most WoW players human?