Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Guess we should remove ALL religious texts from schools, if it's indoctrination we're concerned about. But I have a feeling this is just a snowflake getting triggered because people have different views.
    I live in California, I have never seen any religious text in a school

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Quality = professors who brainwash the college kids.
    You're really stretching here man. You're pretty much claiming anyone on tenure is some agenda conspiracy.

You still haven't explained the whole point of the thread... What tenure or their 'political agenda' (that still has no source) has to do with free college.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality = professors who brainwash the college kids.
    That's asinine and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I live in California, I have never seen any religious text in a school
    And I've never seen professors try to indoctrinate anyone, having been to several universities.

Guess we can put this to rest then.

Not all tenured professors are good at teaching though. Some are absolutely atrocious. My favorite professor in university was actually so bad at teaching that people would rage in class over how utterly shit his teaching was. And they weren't wrong; if you wanted to learn the subject you would have been better off just sitting in the library for 3 hours a week because his lectures and notes were garbage.

Combine that with his self admitted apathy towards teaching, and it made for some very mad people and I found that fucking hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The responses are interesting but actually not shocking. We already know the gigantic amount of obstruction we will face when making college about learning again. Its going to be a battle so strap on your seatbelts and get ready or a rough ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Considering no one has given any evidence yet, I'm not sure how you're going to claim we'll just shoot it down.

A blog with an anonymous source isn't evidence, by the way.
    I could point to the dozens or more protests that have occurred in the past few years on campuses against conservative speakers or to one of the many news stories that have been reported on the various controversies on campuses. I won't though for the sake of saving myself myself the trouble of convincing people who won't be convinced or are acting purposefully ignorant of the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The responses are interesting but actually not shocking.
    I feel like that statement translates to: Look at all the sheeple, I was right. They've been brainwashed obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I could point to the dozens or more protests that have occurred in the past few years on campuses against conservative speakers or to one of the many news stories that have been reported on the various controversies on campuses.
    I won't say it doesn't happen. It certainly does. But I'd hardly say 'all the time'

And how many of those campuses were campuses where they are ALWAYS protesting about something from one week to the next?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I feel like that statement translates to: Look at all the sheeple, I was right. They've been brainwashed obviously.
    I further elaborated but yeah that's what I was thinking.

More like he didn't get the circle jerk he wanted. Opposing ideas are terrifying to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    More like he didn't get the circle jerk he wanted. Opposing ideas are terrifying to him.
    Look at his username; he got exactly what he wanted.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I won't say it doesn't happen. It certainly does. But I'd hardly say 'all the time'

And how many of those campuses were campuses where they are ALWAYS protesting about something from one week to the next?
    I don't know, I'd imagine not very many because administrators have become notorious for their hand holding and spinelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Look at his username; he got exactly what he wanted.
    I know, hence the less than thought out posts. Not going to actually engage my brain for people like him.

This week we will have mayday protests tomorrow and some sort of weird illegal alien type of protest. Mayday is a communist holiday by the way. Then in a few days we will have the Cinco Demayo protests I'm sure, maybe riots also who knows?. I blame tenured college professors for all of this. They are ones influencing these kinds of protests and we need to let them now that's not cool.

Forget about the black bloc, antifa and all the rest of the liberal groups, lets focus on the professors and see where that leads us.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2017-05-01 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This week we will have mayday protests tomorrow and some sort of weird illegal alien type of protest. Mayday is a communist holiday by the way. Then in a few days we will have the Cinco Demayo protests I'm sure, maybe riots also who knows?
    What does ANY of this have to do with free college, tenure, or political agendas of professors?

I feel like we're jumping from one asinine topic to the next the way I eat Jack in the Box tacos (two bites from the center and throw the rest out)

I think there's very few that are terrible at teaching without some other quality that adds value to the university. At least at more well known universities. Many tenured professors are able to put out some really good research that makes their school look better. Of course, the whole "publish or perish" mentality that some universities isn't that healthy either. That's why we have a lot of completely pointless publications that are constantly misrepresented by media and end up in some article as "apples found to battle cancer!" because the very mundane research that was done simple to get something published isn't really that great in the first place.

Kind of getting off topic though, like there really was a coherent topic in the first place.
    Oh yeah, the guy I'm talking about is an excellent researcher; he's routinely doing work at CERN. My experience has generally agreed with what you wrote, in that I have yet to see one that's both bad at teach and bad at research.

Deleted
    The notion that college campuses being overrun by leftist professors pushing some agenda is a borderline conspiracy. Not surprised you didn't provide any proof of such a claim.

I've hardly even had a professor talk about their political views even in classes with political topics.
    Op has never set foot in a uni.

Right wing loony nationalists are often scared of of things of which they have no experience of.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a republican nationalist, and I would be in favor of free college if the extreme leftist professors could be fired. College should be about learning skills, not indoctrination. I would also be in favor of trade schools that were free of charge. Remove the politics from college campuses and lets move forward as one nation. So what are your thoughts on what I described as a solution?.

Edit: Also absolutely no more speeches paid for by colleges, it in my opinion is a total scam and needs to be done away with. Quid pro quo is about as corrupt as it comes.
    Who says only the alt-right want to crush free speech! Fire those professors if their views differ from mine!

What does ANY of this have to do with free college, tenure, or political agendas of professors?

I feel like we're jumping from one asinine topic to the next the way I eat Jack in the Box tacos (two bites from the center and throw the rest out)
    I explained it further in an edit, I think college professors are pushing this type of illegal lawlessness and insurrection (death penalty) but I don't know why they are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Who says only the alt-right want to crush free speech! Fire those professors if their views differ from mine!
    I don't care about their views, I care about what they are teaching young people in this country.