Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be all for Anduin becoming the paladin that Arthas should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Isn't he a priest, though?
    Uther was a priest in the first war

Your query is invalid

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Than explain me what personal flaws and negative sides he has, that are not in a way represented that they make him a better or more perfect person?

And is the WoW community not immersing to much into a rather flawed storyline, so that they don't see the double-standarts of Blizz Storytelling anymore? Like, when the Death Knights or the Demon Hunters do evil stuff and are all about vengeance and obsession, its somehow good, when a Paladin does it, it is evil and will end in him becoming a villain for the sake for shallow moral lections. After all, there was a demonic entity that was mass murdering humans and raised them as undeads. Nobody outside of him did shit stopping him. He was the only one who did something against this. And in the end, what corrupted him was not his vengeance, but a blade he grabbed without knowing what it does. It would have done the same if Anduin grabbed Frostmourne. Or if Thrall did it. Or Tirion.
    As long as the obsession leads to you fighting on the same side as the "heroes" it's OK. Death Knights have already devoted themselves to the protection of Azeroth, they just aren't squeamish about doing questionable things to achieve that goal. Demon Hunters are currently obsessed with their fight against the Legion, which just so happens to be the same thing everyone else is also fighting so their goals/ objectives align currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's no paladin material, priest it is.

He's already a paladin in game. If you look at the disguised buff he has on himself when you're walking around Stormwind with him to his fathers memorial and such his name on the buff is the pink paladin class color. Sooo, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    He's already a paladin in game. If you look at the disguised buff he has on himself when you're walking around Stormwind with him to his fathers memorial and such his name on the buff is the pink paladin class color. Sooo, maybe.
    That's game mechanics, not lore. A lot of melee oriented magic using NPCs are classed as paladins ingame, even if lorewise they belong to a different class.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was trained by A dwarf priest (forgot the name) to wield holy magic. He was then picked up as a pupil by Velen. He was also trained by Magni and another dwarf in martial combat and he is being taught by Genn and his father strategy. Half the paladins were clerics that were taught combat and half were nobles with highesr affinity to the ligt. Turalyon for example was a knight with affinity towarss the light remarkable.

They have been setting him up to take the mantle of paladin and leader since cataclysm. Lets not forget Turalyon and Tirion did not wield hammers either. Paladins wield maces as in DnD maces are the best weapons to combat undead. I steongly beliwve that mace or no is more to do with theor background as former knights turned paladin dont use maces (Turalyon) were as clerics do (Uther). I'd wager type of enemy also dictates the weapon used.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    Turalyon for example was a knight with affinity towarss the light remarkable.
    turalyon was a priest.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    turalyon was a priest.
    Beyond the dark portal clearly states he was a knight. Even the wc2 game manual says this.

Uther aswell for example is described as a knight and cleric apprentice to Alonsus Faol.
    Last edited by Firann; 2017-05-01 at 12:53 PM.

He was trained by A dwarf priest (forgot the name) to wield holy magic. He was then picked up as a pupil by Velen. He was also trained by Magni and another dwarf in martial combat and he is being taught by Genn and his father strategy. Half the paladins were clerics that were taught combat and half were nobles with highesr affinity to the ligt. Turalyon for example was a knight with affinity towarss the light remarkable.

They have been setting him up to take the mantle of paladin and leader since cataclysm. Lets not forget Turalyon and Tirion did not wield hammers either. Paladins wield maces as in DnD maces are the best weapons to combat undead. I steongly beliwve that mace or no is more to do with theor background as former knights turned paladin dont use maces (Turalyon) were as clerics do (Uther). I'd wager type of enemy also dictates the weapon used.
    Turalyon used a mace and a shield throughout most of the war. The only time he used a sword was when fighting Ogrim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Beyond the dark portal clearly states he was a knight. Even the wc2 game manual says this.

Uther aswell for example is described as a knight and cleric apprentice to Alonsus Faol.
    chronicle vol. 2 states he was a priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW chronicles vol.2
    There was Turalyon, the priest who had helped forge the Alliance at the Council of Seven Nations.
    page 154

Formerly known as Arafal

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Turalyon used a mace and a shield throughout most of the war. The only time he used a sword was when fighting Ogrim.
    I stand corrected. He mainly wielded his warhammer before picking lothar's sword

- - - Updated - - -

page 154
    Havent read chronicles tbh. I guess they changed stuff

I stand corrected. He mainly wielded his warhammer before picking lothar's sword
    ็He went back to using his mace right after that specific moment though. He used the mace in Draenor. The sword was broken it was not that practical to use.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ็He went back to using his mace right after that specific moment though. He used the mace in Draenor. The sword was broken it was not that practical to use.
    Yeah I got that from your first quote. Its just hard imagining him with a warhammer since all the statues we have is from the moment he rallied the troops with Lothar's sword xD Then again again that was the moment he became THE man, THE legend!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's game mechanics, not lore. A lot of melee oriented magic using NPCs are classed as paladins ingame, even if lorewise they belong to a different class.
    Yea a lot of people have been using a thing that's been around since vanilla as a justification for him being a pally for whatever reason. HFC Archimonde is even classified as a pally.

There is just so much wrong in here I don't even know where to start.

The dwarf priest's name is Rohan, the leader of Ironforge's clergy. Magni never taught him any combat, that was all Aerin whom Magni assigned to teach him. Before that his father and Bolvar taught him. Nowhere has it been stated that Genn taught him strategy and given Genn's military history I don't think I'd take him seriously as a teacher. Only two of the original five pallies were priests/clerics. Nowhere does it state any of them were nobles. As others said, Turalyon was a priest.

As others also said, Turalyon wielded a hammer. Tirion also wielded a hammer before getting Ashbringer. He was shown wielding hammers in both Of Blood and Honor and the Ashbringer comic. This is not DnD and also some of the best anti-undead weapons in DnD history have been swords.

The last sentence is actually correct in terms of realistic combat, but this is Warcraft. Rule of cool reigns supreme here, not logic and realism.
    Last edited by Erbel; 2017-05-01 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

page 154
    Havent read chronicles tbh. I guess they changed stuff
    Turalyon's backstory was changed to being a priest back in 2007's Tides of Darkness novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    To the people seeing parallels between Anduin and Arthas, I've got something for you:

Outrage and offense chased away Anduin’s discomfort. Blood suffused his face and he snapped, “I am not Arthas!”

Garrosh smiled oddly. “No, you are not,” he agreed. “But maybe . . . I am.”
    Anduin is so similar to Arthas that both Garrosh and Anduin himself agreed on the contrary. Cherry on the top, is Garrosh comparing himself to the heir of Lordaeron (and rightfully so, their characters are more similar than most think).

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Isn't the Story of Arthas more like bad luck, the Sword you grabbed is a trap?
    Nope, is the story of an holy warrior succumbing to darkness, one who betrayed everything he was meant to hold dear for power's sake.

This. Arthas was not as good as Anduin as a person. Arthas was always overzealous and entitled but also insecure inside. He was too eager to prove himself. Not unlike Illidan.
    Nor unlike Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Afrasiabi outright says that Anduin is a priest.

In before the people that insist he's one now still continue to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post

Maybe he'll just be a Cleric of sort, mostly a Priest but with some pseudo-melee tricks in his sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post

I was right!. Called it!. Thx for the link.