Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like AMDs old arch is outselling the new.

Best Selling CPUs

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

Best Selling CPUs
    That is quite a lot of processor for 120 bucks even if it is not strictly speaking "competitive gaming". It is even cheaper than the box price too when you consider that all the other processors on that list almost definitely have a MB and other stuff attached implicitly.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

Best Selling CPUs
    Price always dictates whats going to sell better, all the older AMD cpus are on a fire sale right now and very likely AMD have stopped making them, AMD hasn't released the R3 yet and likely so due to clear inventory for the retailers.

This doesn't mean anything bad about the Ryzen series, just more people can get the AM3+ platform quite cheap now, though I wouldn't recommend that right now as R3 should be nearing soon.

Theres a reason why the Ivybridge stuff don't outsell the newer stuff, you can't buy it retail, but they sell pretty damn well on Ebay if you can find a cheap enough mobo, same with Haswell since you can still buy the mobo at retail in some places for reasonable prices.

I was able to find a G3260 for £18!
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2017-04-22 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People hear and read that AMD is back with great products, then see the price of the FX and think it's a nice deal. Not really anything weird happening, most customers can't really differentiate between Ryzen and a FX.

Ive been recommending FX chips to people for a long time if they lived near a microcenter, 8320e and a board for like 140 bucks.

Deleted
    Could be an interesting day.
    AMD 2017 Q1 Earnings Release.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...ase&font=serif

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Could be an interesting day.
    AMD 2017 Q1 Earnings Release.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...ase&font=serif
    This will actually show you nothing considering that Q1 is from January up to and including March.

So it will not be enough time to even feel the winds change.

Same as Intel's boast of "We noticed nothing of Ryzen" with their Q1 call, anyone that knows marketing will know that would be impossible under reasonable circumstances regardless but the boast is made to those that do not understand which unfortunately is the majority.

another proof that Zen well works with Nvidia (RotR DX12 being the exception)

here Ryzen beats 6800K (although some YT comments suggest shadows/other settings may be lowered on the Ryzen run ? idk .. some SSs : https://i.imgur.com/kuIdGMK.jpg https://i.imgur.com/UEc9Ob8.png ) and the % diff between them is the same on the 480 as on the 1060 (meaning Ryzen is still faster by ~the same amount on the 1060 as on the 480 .. and interestingly enough - even though this game was supposed to be promoted with AMD Vega - in terms of GPUs its a massive win for Nvidia - shown by this video and also by TPU https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...is/Prey/4.html )
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2017-05-05 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

another proof that Zen well works with Nvidia (RotR DX12 being the exception)

here Ryzen beats 6800K (although some YT comments suggest shadows/other settings may be lowered on the Ryzen run ? idk) and the % diff between them is the same on the 480 as on the 1060 (meaning Ryzen is still faster by ~the same amount on the 1060 as on the 480 .. and interestingly enough - even though this game was supposed to be promoted with AMD Vega - in terms of GPUs its a massive win for Nvidia - shown by this video and also by TPU https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...is/Prey/4.html )
    It is a bethesda game, which AMD has a partnership with.. So it's not really a huge surprise that Zen does well in it.

What comes to Radeon vs Nvidia, they are pretty even tbh, at least 580 vs 1060 6GB. But there seems to be some problems with stuttering with the game ready driver from Nvidia, or that is what people are reporting. Anywho it's a bethesda game that works well with most PCs at launch, which is a miracle.

a 970 being ahead of 390 & 480 8GB isnt really even tbh

especially if AMD has a partnership with the devs

about the missing lighting/shadows/lowered FoV on the Ryzen run - idk, some ppl are swearing rigged, others are saying its just slightly different scenes

someone compiled this - http://imgur.com/a/8jC47
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2017-05-05 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to tell settings by video cause of compression. Gamma gets affected by youtube's compression which will definitely show abnormalities in shadows a lot.

loooooooool he has taken down the video just now

welp

All i know is this chip is awesome.

The power consumption is epic on this thing, my chip scores higher than a stock 6900k drawing less power while overclocked by a fair margin. In games it never goes above 50c on the stock cooler, while being silent.

Single core performance is not bad either all things considered, i score 155 points in cinebench which is on par or maybe a little faster than a 4690k at stock.

Intel would have to come out with a really impressive price/performance product for me to switch back, really enjoying this thing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You know the 4690k is old as shit right?
    Would be relevant if intel has made real gains in that time span

4690k is still a beast of a CPU, would you recommend someone go from a 4690k to a 7600k? No, no one would give such terrible advice

Uh, with DDR4 in the equation boosting the 7600k's performance? If you're in the market for an upgrade, why not?
    All i can say to that is LOL.

Uh, with DDR4 in the equation boosting the 7600k's performance? If you're in the market for an upgrade, why not?
    you dont go from 4c/4t to 4c/4t

to a 6700k/7770k though is quite alright for gaming

but like I keep saying - now is not the time anymore, that time was back in 2015 when Skylake was fresh and 6600K/6700K was uncontested by anything in all games .. best time to upgrade now will be after Coffee Lake drops which should be ~August (only a few months left) .. after that you will have the best choice between Coffee and Zen

Coffee L will pretty much make other Intel CPUs obsolete for gaming and will have 6 cores for potential "future-proofing"
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2017-05-05 at 11:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are aware, that memory speed has very little effect on the performance with intel cpus?

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1261?vs=1828

10-15% performance gain from 4690k to 7600k, depending on the task. And that is for purely cpu-bound applications. If you take gaming into account, where the gpu matters a lot more, then the gain is even lower. And for that you need to buy new motherboard, ram and the cpu. Doing that "upgrade" would be a waste of money.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a performance different for Skylake. If we were talking from Sandy Bridge to Broadwell, sure, but for Skylake and Kabylake (and Ryzen) they do get a boost in performance. It's more significant for Ryzen but it does help up the minimum for the lake CPUs also. If we're going outside of games, then that just entirely depends on the application.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu...ocode_update/1

Ryzen/AM4 motherboards will soon be receiving a new AGESA microcode update, with version 1.0.0.6 aiming to improve memory support, especially for highly clocked DIMMs.

Nice

Even tho i dont mind mine is at 2400, would be nice to have it running at 3200.