Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    @Sencha
    And what would be the alternative? I still prefer WQs over old daily.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Can't we get rid of world/daily quests? who likes doing the same boring quests every day seriously?
    At least with WQs you're not doing the same wq every day. It stops those quests getting boring and I can just focus on the ones that award specific things like AP/gold/OHR etc.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    @Sencha
    And what would be the alternative? I still prefer WQs over old daily.
    What's the difference?

I don't get why people pay a sub to do the same chore every day.

What's the difference?

Welcome to MMOs, there will always be a portion that is a repetitive grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    I have no issue with people doing this at all, it's not affecting me at all,

What I object to and I've seen more cunts doing it the last 72 hours is pulling large mobs, then running it through my AoE so I aggro them and kill them while the player runs off to the next mobs and aggros them into the next person. Granted I get the quest credit, but a few times I've had to pop meta for self heals because of the friken damage on me.

If I was on any other character I'd of been fucked.

What's the difference?

But you still did not propose any alternative. If theres no daily quests, no WQs then whats left to do in outside world? Just empty map would be better?

this is why i dont accept anyone elses invites and do shit on my own or with my partner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    If that doesn't show people how the casual playerbase just wants to do bugger all for their rewards and leach off others then I don't know what will. It's the quests themselves that are boring then, If you have quests that don't force the player to do something, and make the quest engaging and fun then you won't hook In those people.

Take 3.2 for example, you couldn't lazy away those quests, the Tournament quests I mean, they took time. Usually taking around 30 minutes which Is the optimal time to do your dailies and not 3 hours to do world quests If you do It by yourself so In that respect I don't blame the players but at the same time I do, cause you could be playing a better more fun and engaging game Instead of leeaching off others work, and there was even 1 quest that required you to group up with at least 3 other people and It was that Frostwyrm quest which I found great as It does encourage meeting new people, taking down threats together and make you remember that you aren't the only person In the World of Warcraft.

Blame the current Legion's design and then blame the players for just not picking a better game to play to be honest. Although most of the blame I'd still put on Blizzard cause Legion doesn't look or feel fun to do since Wrath.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Can't we get rid of world/daily quests? who likes doing the same boring quests every day seriously?
    Or you can always just opt out of not doing them.

Playing MMORPG's yet not understanding the concept of long-term investment... Pretty dumb. Removing WQs and daily quests at large = we get another WoD where people have literally no reason to do shit in the open world.

Deleted
    What's the difference?

The entire game from start to finish is repetition on some level. Every game out there is. The line is between it being rewarding or entertaining enough to keep you coming back.

The fact it is no longer productive/entertaining for you begs the question, why are you still here/playing?

been noticing those lowlifes lately too. i just leave the group when i see them

But you still did not propose any alternative. If theres no daily quests, no WQs then whats left to do in outside world? Just empty map would be better?
    I'm ok if those daily quests stay in game but they should not reward anything or maybe only cosmetic stuff or a few gold.

Then what would be purpose of them if they dont give anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

What I object to and I've seen more cunts doing it the last 72 hours is pulling large mobs, then running it through my AoE so I aggro them and kill them while the player runs off to the next mobs and aggros them into the next person. Granted I get the quest credit, but a few times I've had to pop meta for self heals because of the friken damage on me.
    I agree, I don't care about leechers but that's not cool.

If I was on any other character I'd of been fucked.
    being prot spec i see this alot... a few times i have bubbled to drop all aggro.. and even just hearthed away..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    being prot spec i see this alot... a few times i have bubbled to drop all aggro.. and even just hearthed away..
    I see people (mostly mages) running mobs toward my thunderclaps all the time. I just stop doing anything at all - I'm prot, and I can sit there with something aggroed on me without issue a lot longer than they can, and so they either give up or die. Either way I laugh at them.

Not new at all, I even made a thread months ago, which got locked in the end after a long flamewar and "git gud" types of comments instead of debating the phenomenon, it was about quests in elite suramar area back when they were still done for rep and half the playerbase wasn't rocking 880+ ilvl, people were constantly training mobs onto each other, especially onto classes with persistent ground aoes like tanks or casters.

I usually play tanks and I don't mind if people get credit from mobs I'm aoeing and take advantage of the fact mobs are grouped so it's a good cluster to tag and get your WQ credit off. What I mind is them pulling some remote shit running past me and then feign / shadowmeld / invis or just hope my aoe is down and grabs the mobs, and then don't even contribute to killing them except 1 attack for tag.

It's only half a notch above WQGF leeching while flying, hitting mobs with 1 attack then buggering off, and I don't mean mobs that die in 2 attacks total (on those ofc they die so fast you wanna tag as many as fast as you can), I mean elites and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a big deal with this. It is just a WQ. Also flying has nothing to do with it. People will leech if they can get away with it. At least 5-6 people every LFR is generally always AFK. It is just human nature to be lazy.

Does it bother me? /shrug
    The way I look at it -- the WQ and/or LFR will go faster if I contribute. So I contribute. If someone else in the group also contributes, that by default makes it faster than trying to solo anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

For the first time I used WQ Group Finder addon and its amazing for speeding up WQs that require kills and not loot. And I noticed almost every druid is afk leacher, got into 5 groups and 4 of them had leaching druids in flying form. Once got into group with two afking druids. Ofc theres also other people afking on mounts but if I see druid in party its around 80% chance he just afk
    Does shapeshifters are really that lazy?
    Hey! Watch who you are calling "lazy," it takes a lot of work to change shapes....... Besides, you know we like to dream......