Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Preorder Earrings give +30% EXP under Lvl. 50
    http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002012.html
    Not sure what makes that sad, and I say that as someone with every job at 60 already. It could be worse...they could make a repurposed AF1 gear set that has scaling stats a la WoW heirlooms that in turn make leveling comically easy (as if leveling weren't easy enough).

Unrelated note, the Stormblood benchmark has me wishing I had the Leonhart glamour gear...but geez, I'll just be getting the Cloud outfit in August, so the xpac that follows SB will be out by the time I get the Leonhart outfit (assuming I don't unsub for the next ~27 months). Would've had the Cloud outfit as of either this past month or this month had I not unsubbed during 3.1.

My only issue I can consistently say I have as BRD is that sweet twelve there's a lot of damage stims you have to pop before you can go into full on nuke mode, last I counted, there were 6 mandatory damage cooldowns and two optional ones (Quelling Strikes and Battle Voice)

The rotation even with the cast bars is pretty consistent, it's very easy to get it into a loop where you can refresh your dots right after Empyrean Arrow with Iron Jaw, the only time it gets a little sketchy is when you forget to put straight shot back up or don't get lucky with a proc. Overall I definitely like it, but I tend to favor casters over physical, so bard feels closer to my comfort zones

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There's actually a notice on all eligible items that wasn't there before.

So my code should arrive later today.
    The notice was there the day it went live. Only reason I knew about it because that's the only day I looked.
    It's even on the FFXIV announcement if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    All I m going to say about BRD (and that applies to MCH as well) is that the job appears to be easy but has a lot of decision making. I don't play it myself that much but when it comes to savage raiding for example and raiding in general you ll see great players of all classes have like 200-500 dps differences with mediocre players. When it comes to brd and MCH the difference between a mediocre player and a great player is literally top of the charts 100% of the time with 1000 dps difference from a mediocre player. Outside of savage raiding and if you dont wanna do much thinking and priority learning the class is fairly easy to grasp with not many combos and not much resource managing. Other easy classes include PLD, WAR, SMN and WHM.
    Other hard classes to play effectively at 60 are DRK, SCH, DRG, MNK (yes DRG is actually tough now) and to some extent BLM.
    The rest stand somewhere in the middle in terms of difficulty.
    I actually find BRD the least punishing class in the game. I'm not sure why you see such a difference but the only thing that could explain it is that the people you've seen can't react fast enough for the oGCD abilities.

The rotation even with the cast bars is pretty consistent, it's very easy to get it into a loop where you can refresh your dots right after Empyrean Arrow with Iron Jaw, the only time it gets a little sketchy is when you forget to put straight shot back up or don't get lucky with a proc. Overall I definitely like it, but I tend to favor casters over physical, so bard feels closer to my comfort zones
    This is why I like BRD. It feels consistent with a little bit of randomness from that one ability with the red arrow icon (lol I don't remember) to keep you on your toes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a patch coming that makes it significantly easier to gear in preparation for SB ?

I'm going to sub today or tomorrow to finish the HS story.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Is there a patch coming that makes it significantly easier to gear in preparation for SB ?

I'm going to sub today or tomorrow to finish the HS story.
    3.57 just happened, where they unlocked loot drops from Dun Scaith, the most recent 24 man dungeon. The loot unlock, combined with the weekly Proto Ultima quest for accessories, along with the unlocking of the Alex Gear item from A12 (on top of being able to buy the max level gobdip to upgrade the scripture weapons)...and the scripture cap went from 450 per week to 900...

Uh...crap, that's a bit much, so short answer: That patch you're looking for just happened the other week. With 6 weeks to go, if you are already level 60 on a job, then you can easily be 260+ ilvl if you wanted (and that's more than overkill for SB leveling, up to 64-65ish at least).

10+ Year Old Account
    And Warrior 60..

I'm so done.

15+ Year Old Account
    And Warrior 60..

I'm so done.
    for a few weeks...

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

And Warrior 60..

I'm so done.
    This is beautiful. One day I'll finish my crafters and fishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    for a few weeks...
    Eh, now I can focus on my graduation.

And after that it's time for some Stormblood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    3.57 just happened, where they unlocked loot drops from Dun Scaith, the most recent 24 man dungeon. The loot unlock, combined with the weekly Proto Ultima quest for accessories, along with the unlocking of the Alex Gear item from A12 (on top of being able to buy the max level gobdip to upgrade the scripture weapons)...and the scripture cap went from 450 per week to 900...

Uh...crap, that's a bit much, so short answer: That patch you're looking for just happened the other week. With 6 weeks to go, if you are already level 60 on a job, then you can easily be 260+ ilvl if you wanted (and that's more than overkill for SB leveling, up to 64-65ish at least).
    Thanks.

I should have been specific, I was only worried about gear requirements for the entry level SB MSQ if there was even any information regarding it.

This is my character.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...racter/8345959

I main Mar/Warrior, but I switched to BLM to change things up and I'm significantly better geared as BLM.

I'm glad I backed up my HUD/Hotbar configuration before unsubbing.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-05-01 at 05:20 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The only thing that could hinder is possibly item level for story dungeons but as far as I know they only do that for max level dungeons.

Thanks.

I should have been specific, I was only worried about gear requirements for the entry level SB MSQ if there was even any information regarding it.

This is my character.

I main Mar/Warrior, but I switched to BLM to change things up and I'm significantly better geared as BLM.

You're pretty much right on the ilvl needed to complete Heavensward MSQ, which is 230, so the expectation is that will be the minimum. Nothing has been specifically stated by SE, though.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002014.html

Nice tidbit of info about the preorder bonuses. The RDM minion has some special animations, the earring is another big xp percentage bonus, but this time up to lvl.50 and the dynamic theme for those of us going PS4 instead of PC is the xaela calm lands with some bravely defaultesque XIV characters running around. Neat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    How do you guys feel about bard? I finally got the free trial working and I like the idea of being a support, but I google stuff about them and they say the class is terrible and really difficult because of the cast times they introduced later on. However these posts are like a year old, so I don't know how it is currently.
    just my opinion buy i consider BRD the lamest class. for reasons known only to themselves the designers wanted bard and archer to be one job and easy like wrath era beast master hunters in WoW. Difference is when you can swap jobs on the fly there isnt really a 'this i the easy job you stick to' since patches change stuff regularly enough. Which meant they basically became the WHM's personal mana flask. In fact there was a japanese comic doing the rounds since it launched where a BLM goes to astral ice, SMN/SCH use aetherflow and for WHM to restore mpp a surly potato WHM yells at their basic bitch bard for the song.

As it is now its just really, really boring. You keep up a dot and buff and thats about it, post 50 this includes a cast bar which makes it feel like a really slow, really unimpressive mage.

Others probably said it but if you want something supportive go Summoner. Very easy to learn, the only dps with a battle res and minor healing abilities plus a tanking pet if things really go bad for a few seconds and at level 30 unlock the Scholar healing job that shares exp so hitting level 50 on Summoner means Scholar has hit level 50 as well. If you played WoW think of it as an affliction warlock that has the disc priest spec too for some reason, nothing else like it in the game and its beginner friendly without being boring.

Thanks for all the replies guys, this thread seemed to be active with helpful people, which is why I even started the trial in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Should be upon shipment of your item. If you pre-order, the code is emailed when the item ships. They fixed the problem from before of "order, get code, cancel" this time.

If you didn't pre-order something and the item has shipped, contact Amazon customer service and they should be able to confirm & give you the code (my friend did that).
    Order, get code, order gets canceled by amazon, keep code. >.>

58 AST! Two more levels to go and then I just need to get BLM and SMN/SCH to 60 and every DoM/DoW is then at 60.

Thanks.

This is my character.

If history repeats, the first town we go to in SB will have a gear vendor that gives probably I240/250 loot to get it so you can go into the entry dungeons, you won't outgear endgame stuff for a while, but there's mechanics to keep you from being utterly screwed by just going in unprepared

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    If history repeats, the first town we go to in SB will have a gear vendor that gives probably I240/250 loot to get it so you can go into the entry dungeons, you won't outgear endgame stuff for a while, but there's mechanics to keep you from being utterly screwed by just going in unprepared
    Not to mention that the main story will throw gear at you long before you get your first dungeon quest.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

As it is now its just really, really boring. You keep up a dot and buff and thats about it, post 50 this includes a cast bar which makes it feel like a really slow, really unimpressive mage.

Others probably said it but if you want something supportive go Summoner
    Bit more to Bard than that, at least if you want to play it right.

Also Summoner's supportiveness really only extends to the extra rez - the heal is pitiful and the tank pet isn't likely to hold aggro for long unless the group holds off. It'll work in lower level dungeons but not really capped content.

Summoner is fun to play and does come with the bonus that you level Scholar at the same time, but let's not pretend it's actually a supportive class rather than the dot heavy pet managing job it actually is.