Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Duncan Jones about Warcraft 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like not going to happen, as expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Sounds like not going to happen, as expected.
    Why exactly?

Deleted
    Thank God. No offense to Duncan Jones, I'm confident he tried his best. But man, that movie was just all over the place. It's focus shifted too much and it didn't solve anything.

Had they just allowed the Horde to be restored to its old ways by having Orgrim defeat Blackhand and become Warchief, destroying Stormwind. One side would win (even if not permanently) and the Horde would get the redemption it needed.

Those 2 simple resolutions would've improved the movie by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Why exactly?
    Because the first one flopped?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it doesn't happen I wouldn't be surprised, I am probably one of the few that liked the movie... Not saying it was a masterpiece, far from, but I still got enjoyment from it as a Warcraft fan and as a big Warcraft lore nerd.

Just seeing places and people I knew from the games was enough for me lol. I know there are a lot of people that hated it and I cannot blame them, from a non fan perspective the story was an edited mess.

But I have fingers crossed.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Because if it was going to happen he wouldn't be tweeting at the production people that people want to see another movie, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Thank God. No offense to Duncan Jones, I'm confident he tried his best. But man, that movie was just all over the place. It's focus shifted too much and it didn't solve anything.

Had they just allowed the Horde to be restored to its old ways by having Orgrim defeat Blackhand and become Warchief, destroying Stormwind. One side would win (even if not permanently) and the Horde would get the redemption it needed.

Those 2 simple resolutions would've improved the movie by a country mile.
    Yeah, I would have actually preferred a dark ending with the Stormwind survivors fleeing the city. Sure, it's a cliffhanger as the introductory film, but so be it. Though considering the Horde continues its bloodthirsty march of conquest under Blackhand, I'm not sure that's really remotely a redemption ending. They don't really get their redemption until Thrall leads them to Kalimdor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly?
    1. The movie would be in production or pre-production already.
    2. Duncan Jones would know about it even if he wasn't the director.
    3. I don't think he is trolling.

PS. Just checked boxofficemojo for Warcraft, didn't realize the movie was such a failure in Finland compared to pretty much everywhere else. In Norway and Denmark (same population) it sold over twice as much, in Sweden five times as much (double population), Switzerland 2,5x much (same population) etc.

Odd considering WoW being somewhat popular in Finland - I mean it was, not anymore though.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Because the first one flopped?
    Not really.

Pacific rim made less money for almost the same bodget and it's getting a sequel.

I'm not sure what to read out of this. The movie was only average as best (as a Warcraft fan), and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't going to have a sequel. The movie did poorly in the US and didn't make its money back, despite doing so well in China.

Not really.

Pacific rim made less money for almost the same bodget and it's getting a sequel.
    Pacific Rim made more money in the US...where the studios get a larger cut
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Except over half of the grossing by Warcraft was earned in the East. US studios don't care about that.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If it doesn't happen I wouldn't be surprised, I am probably one of the few that liked the movie... Not saying it was a masterpiece, far from, but I still got enjoyment from it as a Warcraft fan and as a big Warcraft lore nerd.

Just seeing places and people I knew from the games was enough for me lol. I know there are a lot of people that hated it and I cannot blame them, from a non fan perspective the story was an edited mess.

But I have fingers crossed.
    I am also a Warcraft lore fan that's why people hate it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

Warcraft was only a economic success for the distributor in China and the Chinese theaters. They took a huge piece of the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Pacific Rim made more money in the US...where the studios get a larger cut
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Except over half of the grossing by Warcraft was earned in the East. US studios don't care about that.
    Isn't legendary owned by China anyway?

A flop doesn't get another movie. Glad we'll never see this happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't legendary owned by China anyway?
    It's owned by Wanda, a Chinese corp.

Wanda owns about 6% of screens in China. 94% is owned by someone else.

Its for the best

I kinda liked the Warcraft film but i could see its problems

Lets be real the only Warcraft story we really wanted to see was the Arthas Story and that will never happen! China carried the movie greatly and because of anti superstition laws in china they wouldnt be able to show the scourge as zombies and skeletons thus making it pointless.

This movie shouldve stayed in development hell

This movie was horrid. I know the lore and even I found it hard to follow. They tried to many things in too short of a time span. We were supposed to care about all of these characters, see them all get development, but they simply didn't have the time to do any of it justice. It felt like a rush and a jumbled mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?