Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So...literally like a dictator. He's trying to go after free speech now.

Dictator.
    Its not really about free speech as much as it seems to be about false reporting. People love to hold Trump accountable for everything he says, while we have some new agencies just blatantly reporting false statements based on reporting whos source either cannot be named, who knows if they even exist, or Jeff from accounting who heard it from Susan in the mailroom, who heard it from Richards brothers wifes sister.

My biggest gripe about the media is that nobody is there to hold them accountable at all, I'd love to see Fox and NBC just start discrediting either other over shitty reporting but we know that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm more worried about the lobotomy epidemic than the amount of illegals.
    I'm pretty sure most lobotomized people would still be smart enough to see the disaster of illegal immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    So Trumpy wants to push the US lower on this list?

Was this map made by Germans? I don't see how they can be white with their hilarious censorship laws. Similarly, Australia should be orange at best.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't need to change the Constitution in order to hold the press accountable for Libel. All he needs is the Supreme Court to say that whatever law gets passed doesn't violate the First Amendment. Similar to how the Supreme Court decided that the Constitution protects abortion, gay marriage, eminent domain for private good, that the Sedition Act didn't violate the First Amendment, etc, etc.

Not sure where all this blathering about changing an Amendment is coming from when it isn't necessary to achieve Trump's goal of holding the press responsible for purposefully libelous news "reporting". Fake news from the left perhaps?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is right wing news organizations would be hit harder by a change to libel laws than any of the MSM outlets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Was this map made by Germans? I don't see how they can be white with their hilarious censorship laws. Similarly, Australia should be orange at best.
    I'm going with reporters without borders over random internet posters,

https://rsf.org/en/germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post

I love when people point out that Scandinavian countries are doing so well and then you say "there are no black people" followed by awkward silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I love when people point out that Scandinavian countries are doing so well and then you say "there are no black people" followed by awkward silence.
    So people become silent after people making racist statements?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...-1st-amendment

What do you guys think? Is this desirable? Is the reporter pulling what is said out of context? How would this law benefit the US?
    It's not gonna happen. And if he tries it, not even Republican Congress is gonna go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So Darth, tell me what you think about the topic of the thread, without mentioning the other side of politics.

- - - Updated - - -

No and LOL no.
    Translation: Uh oh, he got me good. Better deflect! What he said directly correlates with this thread bro. Speaking about how others act doesn't mean it's not relevant to the topic at hand lol. /themoreyouknow

So people become silent after people making racist statements?
    So facts are a racist statement? PC and the race card are the main 2 reasons everyone hates SJW's now, it is the argument for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    So facts are a racist statement? PC and the race card are the main 2 reasons everyone hates SJW's now, it is the argument for everything.
    But Nordic countries do have black people... and even if they did not, why is it relevant?
    I'll eat my hat if you somehow come up with a non-racist excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The awkward silence is because those people just realized you are blaming race for "not doing well". I wish there was a word to describe someone who blames inferiority of race. I just cannot think of it...

it's like if people discuss gravity and you say it depends on how deep the turtles go... silence will likely follow...

- - - Updated - - -

But Nordic countries do have black people... and even if they did not, why is it relevant?
    Don't call it racist, just spell out what he is actually doing. That way, you can show that his actual issue is being called a derogatory term, for what he believes is a legitimate concern. It's the difference between calling someone a moron and pointing out that having 1 apple, while adding one more, does not mean you have 11 apples. We are in a time where blaming race for things not going well in a country, needs an explanation.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Maybe eat watermelon and Fried Chicken then? Here is the OK sign for you, straight from Pepe.

Free Speech>Social justice. You guys have lost this battle with Obama leaving, but don't worry Pocahontas will make a run until people actually hear her voice with is infinitely more cringe than nails on chalkboard. Living your life in a bubble scared to offend anyone is a control tactic.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-05-01 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The president needa a safe space
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    No supreme court, no matter how right leaning is going to let our snowflake in chief repeal or amend the first amendment. Like holy shit, how arrogant and fucking idiotic can this guy get?
    Oh this? This is nothing. Trump threatened the libel thing, and suing NYTimes, over and over and over. The fact that he suggested it, yeah, that's bad, but there will be no follow-through over 140 characters.

Just you wait. Arrogant and idiotic will find other ways to the limelight. Just you wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe eat watermelon and Fried Chicken then? Here is the OK sign for you, straight from Pepe.

Free Speech>Social justice. You guys have lost this battle with Obama leaving, but don't worry Pocahontas will make a run until people actually hear her voice with is infinitely more cringe than nails on chalkboard. Living your life in a bubble scared to offend anyone is a control tactic.
    How the heck did fried chicken get stereotyped with black people anyway? I'm going the Dave Chapelle route here. Fried chicken is awesome, if you don't like fried chicken there's something wrong with you, regardless of what color you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it this way. Both Trump and Hillary supporters used the same numbers for arrest statistics based on race. The numbers are are disproportionately pointing at higher arrest rate of one race. Both of these groups agreed up to this point and are showing the exact same numbers. We can tell that the numbers are not fake, not racist, not biased... but, are the way they are. That is the fact...

So, why are both claiming that those numbers are lies or fake or racist, when they agree on these numbers being accurate when using them? Because that's not what is variable or shows bias or racism. Hillary spoke about those numbers showing that a larger number of one race, gets arrested more often than the other against the average. Because she at least didn't speak of inferiority of race, she wasn't racist. Those numbers were not accused of being racist. The basis here is firmly statistics...

Trump's support on the other hand, claimed that the same statistics showed that a specific race has higher tendencies to commit crime or do something that would result in an arrest. That is explicitly talking about inferiority of race, as the cause for arrests. The problem should at this be obvious to anyone without bias. Arrest statistics simply cannot and do not show a genetic traits predisposition to commit crime. To blame a race, is not to observe with a naked eye, but to apply a bias that is simply not being shown. A race inferiority can only not be racist, if you can show a genetic predisposition... something that isn't based on statistics.

If you run a survey on most common names that are in prison, it doesn't mean that naming your kid Jason, predisposes them to be arrested. That's not how it works...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I know Trump is a fucking Orange tool, but I cannot believe Priebus would actually regurgitate this shit. For people who laugh at 3rd world dictator, Banana Republic shit. Take a good look at this administration and how many people went full Trumptard. If Trump says or wants to do dumb shit, they are just YES people.

10+ Year Old Account

If social justice was losing, you wouldn't have denied being racist. It's working, their flaw was not explains why racism is wrong. I don't think they realize that you cannot simply assume someone will understand what is wrong with racism. Even if it's 2017...